Ted Cruz calls 'Big Bird' Government Propaganda for your 5 year old

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
255441370_244447801120135_528444606719019004_n.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How in the world is the Government "using" Big Bird? Sesame Street and Big Bird have encouraged children to be vaccinated and not to be afraid of the vaccinations for about the last 50 years . This video is from 1972, hardly Government Propaganda. Oh and one reason we dont hear about Measles any longer is due to,well Vaccines =)

Do you think a child should be able to make their own medical decisions?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think you are misunderstanding the intentions of Big Bird: This isnt an attempt for children to make their own medical decisions but A) to teach and inform children of the importance of vaccines and B) to reassure children that while it may be a bit scary to get the shot it's for the best.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think you are misunderstanding the intentions of Big Bird: This isnt an attempt for children to make their own medical decisions but A) to teach and inform children of the importance of vaccines and B) to reassure children that while it may be a bit scary to get the shot it's for the best.
I think you are misunderstanding the intentions of sesame street's propaganda.

There is no reason to push pro vaccine information to children that cannot choose whether or not to get vaccinated.

Are you aware that left wing states have made it legal for children to get vaccinated without parental consent?

I'll ask you again, because you have dodged the question multiple times:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think you are misunderstanding the intentions of sesame street's propaganda.

There is no reason to push pro vaccine information to children that cannot choose whether or not to get vaccinated.

Are you aware that left wing states have made it legal for children to get vaccinated without parental consent?

I'll ask you again, because you have dodged the question multiple times:
I thought you were asking a rhetorical question : No I don't believe children should make their own medical decisions,however I am very much in favor of children being vaccinated. To attend school in all 50 states children must show proof of having
DTap vaccine (or another vaccine combination for diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) ,Polio,Varicella( chicken pox) MMR (measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella) Hepatits A,Hepatitus B,Haemophilus b( influenza) and in Georgia Before starting the 2021-2022 school year, all students entering or transferring into 11th grade will need proof of a meningococcal booster shot (MCV4)

Vaccinations are nothing new.

wilberforce15

I thought you were asking a rhetorical question : No I don't believe children should make their own medical decisions,however I am very much in favor of children being vaccinated. To attend school in all 50 states children must show proof of having
DTap vaccine (or another vaccine combination for diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) ,Polio,Varicella( chicken pox) MMR (measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella) Hepatits A,Hepatitus B,Haemophilus b( influenza) and in Georgia Before starting the 2021-2022 school year, all students entering or transferring into 11th grade will need proof of a meningococcal booster shot (MCV4)

Yes, and all of those took a decade to approve for children.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

It’s not a vaccine

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If it was a vaccine it wouldn’t wear off so wouldn’t need a booster every six months
Wrong,really wrong. Flu shot is given every year, Pneumonia Vaccine is given before age two and gain after the age of 65. Tdap reuiresa booster as well as the Tetanus vaccine. Hepatitis A and B require boosters as do MMR and HIB. Boosters are absolutely nothing new.

wilberforce15

Warren Buffet famously noted that you can't get a baby in 1 month by getting 9 women pregnant.

Some things just take time to do properly.

You can't get 10 year safety data by vaccinating billions of people in a year.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I thought you were asking a rhetorical question : No I don't believe children should make their own medical decisions,however I am very much in favor of children being vaccinated.
So the federal government's position is children should get this new vaccine.

State governments have made it legal for children to get it without parental consent.

Government funded children's shows are pushing pro vaccine information to children.

But it's not propaganda?
I asked you why you thought calling it propaganda was funny. You don't seem to have an answer other than you support the propaganda...

El Correcto

god is dead
I thought you were asking a rhetorical question : No I don't believe children should make their own medical decisions
okay good now shut the :censored2: up and quit voting democrat you room temp IQ fool before you children come home with a new gender and an ass full of experimental drugs.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So the federal government's position is children should get this new vaccine.

State governments have made it legal for children to get it without parental consent.

Government funded children's shows are pushing pro vaccine information to children.

But it's not propaganda?
I asked you why you thought calling it propaganda was funny. You don't seem to have an answer other than you support the propaganda...
Funny may not be the correct term,lets go with Absurd .It's absurd to call this propaganda.I do however find it funny that the conservative news are frothing at the mouth over this tweet and calling a children's TV character "Communist"