Telematics and discipline.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess so. Maybe 3 a day with 200 stops. Never had more than that. Just thinking that it's kinda bs for 1 at .01 miles. I was told that's the shortest they can even measure it. I'm thinking more like 5 feet not 50 feet
Last time
I had one they said you had a seatbelt exception. I said how far? .01 miles.

I said so you're saying I didn't have one. Went back and forth until they walked off.

wayfair

swollen member
I have been told that they turn it off once you are back on property.

It turns "off" when you "return to building"

I kept getting hit with "driving with bulkhead door open"... When I pull up to the airdock to unload air, I wouldn't shut the door when pulling back into dock space

Indecisi0n

As a shop steward I would have told you to apologize and you will do better. You have to own things you do here. Now when you think it's getting warm it's probably the bright light shining on you.
So you never would have mentioned that we aren't allowed to be disciplined based solely off technology!? *shrug

30 to life

This is complete and total BS!!

Telematics only works when the PC is
linked to a DIAD.

Car washers do not generate Telematics' violations.
You are wrong Dave guys who take their lunch or break at the building at the end of day they are still punched in and the trucks are being moved. Once again you have no clue.

No one saw me and they can't prove jack :censored2:. Just at the point after 20 yrs I'm really starting to see what a screwed up place this really is. On car gave me the letter and said it's just part work they are making him do. Just tired of the crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are wrong Dave guys who take their lunch or break at the building at the end of day they are still punched in and the trucks are being moved. Once again you have no clue.

Your post proves that I am right---the PC and DIAD are still linked until the driver either swaps cars or punches out.

My post was based on the drivers having already punched out.

30 to life

It turns "off" when you "return to building"

I kept getting hit with "driving with bulkhead door open"... When I pull up to the airdock to unload air, I wouldn't shut the door when pulling back into dock space
I have been told that they turn it off once you are back on property.
not in my center

not in my center
Your post proves that I am right---the PC and DIAD are still linked until the driver either swaps cars or punches out.

My post was based on the drivers having already punched out.
You said car washers don't generate Telematics but they do

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
No one saw me and they can't prove jack :censored2:. Just at the point after 20 yrs I'm really starting to see what a screwed up place this really is. On car gave me the letter and said it's just part work they are making him do. Just tired of the crap.
dont take it personal, just file under article 37,63 and all others that may apply and it will be dropped. it's just a BS game they play every so often so it looks to higher management they are 'addressing problems'

tiredofhelping

linked to a DIAD.

WRONG! I was once talked to about my excessive idle time. Telematics report showed 80 minutes of idle time on day. After I had clocked out, the mechanic was trying to get my truck to duplicate something it was doing during the day. Had it idling in his bay and it showed up under my name.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

One thing they hate hearing you say is,"i will try harder". Then walk away

By The Book

So you never would have mentioned that we aren't allowed to be disciplined based solely off technology!? *shrug
I see where you would disagree with my post. My intent was to say that since they gave him a warning letter, it's a small thing that is easily corrected without making a stand. I felt after reading his post that he made it worse for himself by making a stand. I was saying to pick your battles, and let the small stuff go. I would have mentioned the discipline about technology and possibly even verified it happened. Then the next time they go there they know I would get them for discrimination if not everyone is treated the same. Then if I did that I give them the idea to give everyone a warning letter and I'm bringing discipline on the members so that's why I say to pick your battles and let the small ones that can be fixed go., so they don't put you under the microscope.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I see where you would disagree with my post. My intent was to say that since they gave him a warning letter, it's a small thing that is easily corrected without making a stand. I felt after reading his post that he made it worse for himself by making a stand. I was saying to pick your battles, and let the small stuff go. I would have mentioned the discipline about technology and possibly even verified it happened. Then the next time they go there they know I would get them for discrimination if not everyone is treated the same. Then if I did that I give them the idea to give everyone a warning letter and I'm bringing discipline on the members so that's why I say to pick your battles and let the small ones that can be fixed go., so they don't put you under the microscope.
So our stewards are saying pick your battles wow. My battle is any and all contract violations.

10 point

linked to a DIAD.

If the carwasher pulls your car out before you punch out you can get nailed for it. You can if you're within 200 ft of that car we were told.

Last edited:

10 point

So, within the next 9 months his seatbelt contact throws a bogus code and he goes to a hearing ... is that the time to fight the issue?

The management doesn't give our drivers letters over telematics alone. It doesn't work that way.

MethodsMan

Telematics can't be trusted. There's a reason why we have the language regarding using telematics for discipline in the contract. I had a time where it said I backed over 90 times in a day. I've had recording while travels that were completely bogus as well. When I've been confronted about it, I just tell them I don't know what to say, but its just not true. The issue is dropped. I have no need to drive around pushing buttons and stop completing stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WRONG! I was once talked to about my excessive idle time. Telematics report showed 80 minutes of idle time on day. After I had clocked out, the mechanic was trying to get my truck to duplicate something it was doing during the day. Had it idling in his bay and it showed up under my name.

Once you punch out for the day your DIAD is no longer linked to your PC.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Sent using BrownCafe App

Every winter we the the same thing. Management is trying to tell us , if you take lunch in the truck, the engine has to stay off no matter how cold it is. The union does nothing.