Telematics Coming Soon.

2Slow

no u need to be scanning a pkg to get a recording while idling violation

Not true.
Although scanning a package will certainly do it.
Any stop complete, including the pickup that waved you off as you drove up will get a record while idling.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
oh by the way...we can see when you come back to the vehicle and open the bulkhead door...before you leave the stop...

If the trucks were dispatched with a fair days work, in the proper size vehicle, with the preload having the necessary time allotment to doing their part; lining stops up stop-for-stop with businesses segregated and barcodes facing the bulkhead, there may be no reason to open a bulkhead after completeing a stop and having to sort and rearrange the truck .

brownman15

No you don't, if you are at light and touch your diad, to answer and message , it registers

there is no recording while idling violations there is only recording while vehicle moving and stop complete while idling. like the name says recording(scanning a pkg) will get u a violation u can look and scroll through diad while vehicle is moving. the company tells u different cause they do not want u touching the diad while the vehicle is moving and rightfully so

BrownArmy

oh by the way...we can see when you come back to the vehicle and open the bulkhead door...before you leave the stop...

You mean when I'm at a bulk stop with a dock, and I re-enter the package car through the back, meaning the bulkhead door gets opened again before I leave the stop?

Or would you rather I leave the bulk-head door open during the entire stop?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You mean when I'm at a bulk stop with a dock, and I re-enter the package car through the back, meaning the bulkhead door gets opened again before I leave the stop?

Or would you rather I leave the bulk-head door open during the entire stop?

Yes I can see that, but I understand that because when I view the stop I know its a back door delivery (you backed) and no issues there. What I question is how come everytime a driver comes back to the package car the bulkhead door opens before he leaves the stop even when the driver only has one package. You would be surprised how quickly that goes away when its brought to a drivers attention.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My Package Car had Telematics installed last week,and one of the Center mechanics assured me it wouldnt be 'live' until the first if the year. He told me it wasn't even going to be monitored until the fall and not to worry about anything.................sure =)
I go by the methods so Telematics isnt a big deal or a big worry to me. It WILL be entertaining to see the reports of the runners and gunners when it does go Live

DS

Fenderbender
Does a driver have to have their seat belt clicked on before starting up the engine or can it be done in one smooth motion as the car begins to inch forward. Nobody at our center seems to know the answer.

From what I gathered,it starts when the vehicle is in motion.

We are not on Telematics yet but I will admit that this will be a hard habit for me to break.

If you are a red light,you can shut off the truck and look at it.
I often take my break in the winter and leave the car running,
when an oncall or msg comes,I shot it off,look at it,respond and start the truck again.
You'll get used to it fast.

DS

Fenderbender
I wrote this and it is not supported sponsored or endorsed by ups and may even piss them off :happy2:

Dear customer,due to cost cutting and "re-looping",we will no longer have the flexibility to provide the service you have become accustomed to.
In the future all ups shipments must be ready by 6:15 pm in order for us to comply with this new policy.
Please make the necessary adjustments to insure all shipments are ready,and realize that all our service providers are bound by contract,
to leave your premises by 6:30 pm in order for our team to adhere to policy,and deliver our promises in a logistical way.

We love logistics.

Billy Boxtosser

If the trucks were dispatched with a fair days work, in the proper size vehicle, with the preload having the necessary time allotment to doing their part; lining stops up stop-for-stop with businesses segregated and barcodes facing the bulkhead, there may be no reason to open a bulkhead after completeing a stop and having to sort and rearrange the truck .

In our building with the volume of parcels coming down the belt the preload does not even have time to stack behind the correct truck let alone put them away properly!! It makes me sick to have to load trucks very poorly due to the overload of work with less and less time to do it in.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In our building with the volume of parcels coming down the belt the preload does not even have time to stack behind the correct truck let alone put them away properly!! It makes me sick to have to load trucks very poorly due to the overload of work with less and less time to do it in.

Isn't this every building, nowadays?

247spies

Telematics is pretty crappy, you'll find your sups will not have your route set up properly when it goes live and it's just a mess. you can start your car with seat belt off just it will alert the program if you move. You can use your board ( you'll scan up and down keys for the next few stops) but you cannot stop complete without it registering. The best thing about telematics is that often if you follow it you'll add time to your route. Let your co workers know that they should not help "fix" the routes for your dps sup. We've had it since the beginning. Funny thing is in Heavy tree or tall building areas there are problems. And folks they now will know where u are when you scan a package. And can pull it up on gps. You will be given a time period before and after lunch to actually scan or deliver something. We are given six min. That is from the time of last stop and u take lunch may be 5 minutes. You'll have 1 minute to actually register a pick up, or delivery before you'll be brought in the office to explain. So.... Save your clerk packages and your OCA's do that before u take lunch and the management retards will think your a star...Realize there are tons of reports that can be generated, You just have to find out how to stay off the radar.

hembone

I'll tell you what NOT to do., never scan your last NDA before you get to the stop. If they catch it you will be discharged.

barnyard

KTM rider
No you don't, if you are at light and touch your diad, to answer and message , it registers

I know that is not true.

I am on TAW right now and have been sending out OCA in the morning. I sent one to a driver and he refused it, I resent it, he refused it, then included a message. None of that recorded on the report, even though he was still driving to his area. He does get gigged for hitting 'stop complete' on flag stops, though.

In our center, the biggest use of telematics has been harassing driver's about where they go and how far off trace they go for breaks.

From what I have also seen, there is no telematics information that can be seen live.

hembone

In other words, you are at your next to last Next Day Air delivery and its 10:28. You deliver it and its on time. If you scan your last air stop at that location, because it will be late if you scan it at the actual stop, it will show it on a map and they will fire you for an integrity issue. Hope this more clear because it's very important. I know several drivers that have had it happen to them.