Telematics Coming Soon.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well, we went live on Monday and the results were predictable. Our numbers as a center were horrible. We had one driver who drove for 30 miles without his seat belt on and we backed 10 miles as a center. I spent most of the day yesterday focusing on when to release the seat belt. I also fought the urge to reach for the DIAD while driving.

We will be getting individual reports starting Monday.

Things don't change much. The same knuckleheads are in the office each morning. Business as usual for the rest of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Things don't change much. The same knuckleheads are in the office each morning. Business as usual for the rest of us.

Well, we had a knucklehead in the office this morning over a Telematics related incident. He was using his DIAD while driving at 55.9 mph. No, I didn't type that wrong--he was using his DIAD while driving 55.9 mph to close out a pickup he had made 7 miles earlier. Oh, did I mention that he was driving that 55.9 mph in a 35 mph speed zone. Telematics didn't show them that--the concern that was called in told them that. center manager obviously wouldn't tell us what discipline, if any, the driver received but I'm sure we'll all know by tomorrow.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
center manager obviously wouldn't tell us what discipline, if any, the driver received but I'm sure we'll all know by tomorrow.

You must be new to telematics....

In my Local, we have had EDD and telematics since the inception. 400 + Pkg drivers.

The *whole* purpose was to deter drivers from extending lunches and breaks by going "off area" to do personal business.

Thats it....

Now it seems.... Some Locals.... are letting the company use this information to discipline.

Virtual OJS ....??.... Looks good on paper.... But, the technology has been *proven* to be unreliable.

Ever dropped a cell phone call ??? Same thing.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, we had a knucklehead in the office this morning over a Telematics related incident. He was using his DIAD while driving at 55.9 mph. No, I didn't type that wrong--he was using his DIAD while driving 55.9 mph to close out a pickup he had made 7 miles earlier. Oh, did I mention that he was driving that 55.9 mph in a 35 mph speed zone. Telematics didn't show them that--the concern that was called in told them that. center manager obviously wouldn't tell us what discipline, if any, the driver received but I'm sure we'll all know by tomorrow.

This is the exact reason why the allowances are so friend'ed up....this is why a runner can do the route 2 hours faster than the regular guy/gal. If UPS went through every drivers day across the us they would find speeding to be the norm...not the exception.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the exact reason why the allowances are so friend'ed up....this is why a runner can do the route 2 hours faster than the regular guy/gal. If UPS went through every drivers day across the us they would find speeding to be the norm...not the exception.

I ran 1.95 under on Tuesday, took my full lunch and break, had zeros on all of the Telematics indices and punched out at my usual 1815.

The situation I described in the post you quoted had nothing to do with allowances. It had everything to do with a knucklehead working unsafely. The unsafe behavior resulted in a customer calling in a concern which was verified using data from Telematics. Using the DIAD while going 21 mph over the posted speed limit?!

menotyou told us of a 24 year driver with a spotless record who was sent home after Telematics revealed that he had backed 1,300' while making a residential delivery.

A lot of my co-workers still dismiss Telematics and I'm afraid that one of them may end up losing their jobs unless they start taking it seriously.

DS

Fenderbender
I ran 1.95 under on Tuesday, took my full lunch and break

Gimmie a break superman,either you are picking up 1000 letters or you need a time study badly.
If I was your sup I'd give you 40 more stops to make up for those 2 hours.
Dont give me the I'm just that good crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gimmie a break superman,either you are picking up 1000 letters or you need a time study badly.
If I was your sup I'd give you 40 more stops to make up for those 2 hours.
Dont give me the I'm just that good crap.

I don't know (or care) what your problem is and do not have to justify myself to you or to anyone else.

Why don't you go write another poem or post some obscure song lyrics?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
menotyou told us of a 24 year driver with a spotless record who was sent home after Telematics revealed that he had backed 1,300' while making a residential delivery.

A lot of my co-workers still dismiss Telematics and I'm afraid that one of them may end up losing their jobs unless they start taking it seriously.

We had a driver show up on the report for supposedly driving 3 miles in reverse.... at 40 MPH thru downtown traffic.

I myself was questioned once for supposedly backing up 150 feet into a 40 foot driveway. Had I actully backed as far as Telematics claimed, I would have gone thru the wall of the building and down into the ravine on the other side.

Its not what shows on the report that will get you fired, its what management goes out and personally observes that will get you fired.

upsgrunt

All of a sudden, my telematics is showing 50-60 recording while idling, even though I'm not recording while idling. My idle time varies between 18 minutes and the usual 35-45 minutes; I average 100 to 120 stops, yet it shows half that were stop completed while idling. I begged them to check it out, but they said "don't worry about it".

How fitting.

hembone

All of a sudden, my telematics is showing 50-60 recording while idling, even though I'm not recording while idling. My idle time varies between 18 minutes and the usual 35-45 minutes; I average 100 to 120 stops, yet it shows half that were stop completed while idling. I begged them to check it out, but they said "don't worry about it".

How fitting.
If you wrote it up in the DVIR and have talked to them about it, I wouldn't mention it again.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I ran 1.95 under on Tuesday, took my full lunch and break, had zeros on all of the Telematics indices and punched out at my usual 1815.

The situation I described in the post you quoted had nothing to do with allowances. It had everything to do with a knucklehead working unsafely. The unsafe behavior resulted in a customer calling in a concern which was verified using data from Telematics. Using the DIAD while going 21 mph over the posted speed limit?!

I hope you are in a bonus center. Otherwise that's 90 bucks gone.

hembone

I wouldnt even waste the time or ink on writing it up. What prints out on a Telematics report is their problem, not yours.
The reason I said that was we had a driver in our center and his sensor on the bulkhead door came loose and he forgot to write it up. When UPS discovered this they tried to terminiate him for tampering with company property.

GolfCart

How fitting.

If you stop complete a stop with key on , it shows recording while idle . If you stop complete then crank truck real fast it also shows up as record while idle .