telematics?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Peak 2019 is going to be horrendous...can’t wait to watch UPS crash and burn this year. I’ll let all the runners hustle all day while I’m sitting on my hour lunch :lol:

lolbr

Some FedEx drivers are horrendous in positioning their vehicles. Its hilarious to watch some of them, especially the ones who are relatively new...
Had one pull up to the dock next to me at a stop yesterday. Front bumper to the dock, then he had to back up the ramp to get back out... Saved a few steps to deliver that envelope he had though.

542thruNthru

Had a bulkhead door malfunction about a month ago. The lock trip mechanism wasn't lifting all the way. So I called center manager, asked permission to ride with door open (have $1000 key fob only, $1 brass key nowhere to be found in the lockbox) as I still had 70 stops left and didn't want to have to deliver everything through the rear door.

He himmed and hawed for a moment and then asked if I had scanned the barcode on the engine cover in cab while I was entering the mileage in the AM. I didn't. I never do. I told him as much and I was told "ok good, you wont show on the report then, go ahead and deliver with bulkhead open, just be sure hand truck is secure and nothing can tumble into cab."

Why don't you scan the bar code? You just type it in and override everytime?

ManInBrown

I never cared much for telematics. I was pulled into the office for backing up and told that every back I had to call in and get approval. By 12:30 I had called roughly 10-12 times already and he wasn't happy . He told me to " stop bothering him and to just do my job like a professional". Then he hung up on me.

....I had to call back because he never officially said I was approved to back on my own . I could feel the vein in his head rise over the phone .
Yup. When i was nailing them with 9.5 grievances i was running 60-70% Orion. I know how to do my route. I could do it in my sleep. I clearly dont want to be out there all night, thats why im nailing you with grievances, so they pull me in the office one morning and all they could get me on was not following Orion to their satisfaction. So he tells me i want you 100% today. I laughed and said you sure about that. I walk out and i mumble I’ll see you at 11pm
Im pulling out of the building and i hear someone screaming after me. He runs up all out of breathe by the fuel pumps and says run it your way. Its like dealing with two year olds that have nothing better to do.

KoennenTiger

Had a bulkhead door malfunction about a month ago. The lock trip mechanism wasn't lifting all the way. So I called center manager, asked permission to ride with door open (have $1000 key fob only, $1 brass key nowhere to be found in the lockbox) as I still had 70 stops left and didn't want to have to deliver everything through the rear door.

He himmed and hawed for a moment and then asked if I had scanned the barcode on the engine cover in cab while I was entering the mileage in the AM. I didn't. I never do. I told him as much and I was told "ok good, you wont show on the report then, go ahead and deliver with bulkhead open, just be sure hand truck is secure and nothing can tumble into cab."

What did you do manually enter your trucks code?

KoennenTiger

Yup. When i was nailing them with 9.5 grievances i was running 60-70% Orion. I know how to do my route. I could do it in my sleep. I clearly dont want to be out there all night, thats why im nailing you with grievances, so they pull me in the office one morning and all they could get me on was not following Orion to their satisfaction. So he tells me i want you 100% today. I laughed and said you sure about that. I walk out and i mumble I’ll see you at 11pm
Im pulling out of the building and i hear someone screaming after me. He runs up all out of breathe by the fuel pumps and says run it your way. Its like dealing with two year olds that have nothing better to do.

Like six months ago here they went on an Orion kick. A few guys decided to run Orion. After mngmt told us all to run Orion! The geniuses that run this place then started harassing them for running Orion!!!

It's all such a joke!

Siveriano

They told me the other day that I was idle for 141 minutes and 132 minutes with the over head door open without making any deliveries, all this on a 10-hour day. I just told them that I should be given a parade or some kind of recognition because I did 185 stops in less than 6 hours, the SUP just got quiet and processed what I had just told him and told me not to worry about it to which I answer " who said I was worried?"

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Some FedEx drivers are horrendous in positioning their vehicles. Its hilarious to watch some of them, especially the ones who are relatively new.

Amazon drivers are the kings and queens of stupidity though. Whenever one parks facing the wrong direction on my side of the street and I have a delivery near theirs I will absolutely pull all the way up just to inconvenience them.
I will absolutely do this. Sometimes I’ll drive past two stops just to block them in.
Half the barcodes here are worn out and can’t even be scanned..
I accidentally entered the wrong truck number, my manager thought I was in Virginia according to the gps.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Peak 2019 is going to be horrendous...can’t wait to watch UPS crash and burn this year. I’ll let all the runners hustle all day while I’m sitting on my hour lunch :lol:

and why do you make that statement..

leave out the following statements:

1) truck already blown out cause of Amazon furniture
2) not enough room in our building
3) drivers already over 9.5
4) no one wants to drive
5) not enough vehicles
6) no one cares
7) already leaving the building at 1000 am

eagerly awaiting your reply (on something new)

and why do you make that statement..

leave out the following statements:

1) truck already blown out cause of Amazon furniture
2) not enough room in our building
3) drivers already over 9.5
4) no one wants to drive
5) not enough vehicles
6) no one cares
7) already leaving the building at 1000 am

eagerly awaiting your reply (on something new)
And how are we going to fix this?

It's embarrassing