telematics?

barnyard

KTM rider
I think the only people who get in trouble for telematics are the people who run over 9.5.
Nope.
The guy that was on my route was told that he had to 'do better.' He was not over 9/5, but was consistently over-allowed. 1 day, he followed Orion exactly. If he had to reverse direction after a stop, he backed into the driveway. He tripled his average number of backs and was called into the office.

In my building, I would bet that most of our over-allowed is due to digging for packages because we rarely run a route in EDD order anymore.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I never cared much for telematics. I was pulled into the office for backing up and told that every back I had to call in and get approval. By 12:30 I had called roughly 10-12 times already and he wasn't happy . He told me to " stop bothering him and to just do my job like a professional". Then he hung up on me.

....I had to call back because he never officially said I was approved to back on my own . I could feel the vein in his head rise over the phone .
And you most certainly called from a pay phone... (lol)

allahuakbar

She/Her
Overallowed,9.5 same :censored2:. It’s all just a game to thin the useless people in the heard. I bet @BestSupEver walks people off for having 1 back first exception. She works in the greatest/biggest center in the world.
Nope.
The guy that was on my route was told that he had to 'do better.' He was not over 9/5, but was consistently over-allowed. 1 day, he followed Orion exactly. If he had to reverse direction after a stop, he backed into the driveway. He tripled his average number of backs and was called into the office.

In my building, I would bet that most of our over-allowed is due to digging for packages because we rarely run a route in EDD order anymore.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is telematics a thing of the past? I have not heard one word about seat belts events , backing distance, recording while traveling/idling. I will sometimes purposely deliver a stop and then back 100 feet , sometimes 600 feet but supervisors say nothing. I even purposely backed up 2 miles just to see if my boss would say anything and nothing! Did the diad cradle/gps eliminate telematics ?
Most likely the Wheel of Management landed on something else. For us, they are watching backs.

tourists24

I'm not sure what they're looking for here anymore. They handed out a warning letter the other day after an on area observation. The offense? They person didn't empty the trash can during their pretrip.... lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm not sure what they're looking for here anymore. They handed out a warning letter the other day after an on area observation. The offense? They person didn't empty the trash can during their pretrip.... lol
If I'm the union, each and every truck is stopping at the door, getting out, and emptying the trash bin. Have the union guys stand by the cans. That would cause major am time!

PT Car Washer

What blocked exits? Big garage doors everywhere, no? This reads like the NY Times or CNN wrote it it is so biased?
Large garage doors all filled with trailers. Even if there was an open door you would not be able to get to it from the sort aisle. Ever seen the inside of a hub during the sort?

oldngray

nowhere special
Walking out an overhead door is a safety issue. UPS gets dinged over that happening.

Better to follow safety rules than use common sense.

oldngray

nowhere special
He wants to jump out of an open trailer door. About a 4 foot drop. Hope they are not backing a trailer in.
I agree you should not go out through those doors except in an emergency. The whole story about blocked doors is a nothingburger. There are as many normal exits as any ordinary warehouse. You just might need to walk a bit farther than you like.

PT Car Washer

I agree you should not go out through those doors except in an emergency. The whole story about blocked doors is a nothingburger. There are as many normal exits as any ordinary warehouse. You just might need to walk a bit farther than you like.
In a real emergency, would a hundred employees be able to all get out safely with blocked exit doors and walkways. Normal during a sort at the hub I work at.