telematics?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MECH-lift, Aug 9, 2019.

1. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Nope.
    The guy that was on my route was told that he had to 'do better.' He was not over 9/5, but was consistently over-allowed. 1 day, he followed Orion exactly. If he had to reverse direction after a stop, he backed into the driveway. He tripled his average number of backs and was called into the office.

In my building, I would bet that most of our over-allowed is due to digging for packages because we rarely run a route in EDD order anymore.

2. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

And you most certainly called from a pay phone... (lol)

3. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Overallowed,9.5 same :censored2:. It’s all just a game to thin the useless people in the heard. I bet @BestSupEver walks people off for having 1 back first exception. She works in the greatest/biggest center in the world.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Oh no, those calls were well worth using my phone for .

5. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Ohhh- I see how it works now. Lol.

6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Most likely the Wheel of Management landed on something else. For us, they are watching backs.

7. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what they're looking for here anymore. They handed out a warning letter the other day after an on area observation. The offense? They person didn't empty the trash can during their pretrip.... lol

8. Wally

If I'm the union, each and every truck is stopping at the door, getting out, and emptying the trash bin. Have the union guys stand by the cans. That would cause major am time!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

10. Wally

11. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

We have specific instructions, complete with signs, instructing us to not walk through the doors with overhead doors (vehicles only).

12. Wally

Screw that. If it hits the fan, I'm out the first open bay I see.

13. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

...you'll be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.

14. Wally

Great news story, Man Fired For Fleeing Burning Building! Lol

15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Large garage doors all filled with trailers. Even if there was an open door you would not be able to get to it from the sort aisle. Ever seen the inside of a hub during the sort?

16. Wally

We have open spots all over.

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Walking out an overhead door is a safety issue. UPS gets dinged over that happening.

Better to follow safety rules than use common sense.

18. PT Car Washer

He wants to jump out of an open trailer door. About a 4 foot drop. Hope they are not backing a trailer in.

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I agree you should not go out through those doors except in an emergency. The whole story about blocked doors is a nothingburger. There are as many normal exits as any ordinary warehouse. You just might need to walk a bit farther than you like.

20. PT Car Washer

In a real emergency, would a hundred employees be able to all get out safely with blocked exit doors and walkways. Normal during a sort at the hub I work at.