Tentative Agreement is now Available

Tony Q

Quick question. Say the master finally gets a majority yes vote but some riders and supplements are voted down. Would everyone still continue to work under the current contract until every supplement and rider eventually has a yes vote as well? Or does that only apply to the specific regions that were voted down.
Yes

Doubleparkedrunner

Because the last contract was worth 9 billion over 5 years. This one will be worth 14.8 billion over 5 years. It could have been worth 20 billion over 5 years and certain people were never going to give it a chance. There have been people campaigning to vote no for over 5 years now. If you think that isn't a poop burger then you need an enema. Look, Sean wanted the package director job for one reason, to campaign. He was never going to do what was needed because in order to be the GP he could not have his name as the number two on this contract and have a good chance at the GP spot. So he deliberately got himself fired and made himself look like he was a reformer. He is no reformer. You have been played once again.

cool story. if it's true , it's true. if it's not, it's not.

if it is true , then we will vote the bastards out who sold us out when it's time to do so. it doesn't change the fact that this contract as it currently stands is garbage.

I don't care if Dennis , Fred , Sean
or friggain Tom, Dick or a Harry are president;
If it's a bad contract then whoever was responsible will pay for it eventually.

And it also has nothing to do with why you were advocating for this " contract for all" ; You know , the one that you personally were telling everyone to just wait and see and then judge ; Yada yada yada...

The only touting I've seen even close to your incessant " just wait n see" posts were those cheesy NFL tout commercials from the eighties.

Yours and theirs are both equally nauseating. And in both cases the touting was only done to hook the suckers in to believing you both knew something the " common man " didn't and to influence them to have blind friend-ING faith.

It's disgusting.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ya but why the fk should that be good enough?

If you have a mom to Friday job you should work Monday to Friday. If instead you get cut every Monday because of their shenanigans then I guess you really just have a Tuesday through Saturday bid, now don't you?

I'm all for helping out the company and working together and working some Saturday's when it's absolutely needed as we are all in this together but I don't agree even one percent that we should be working Saturdays over and over again because ups will try and save six buy an hour by slamming these 22.4 s on the weekend leaving me to " have no work available " on Monday.

WORK IS AVAILABLE ! UPS just chose to go out of their way to give that work to somebody with less seniority than me on a Saturday and / or Sunday. that's bull chit
I agree... look at who we are talking about here (ups).. if...IF... these jobs get put in (22.4) then we have to make sure there is some language in place to deal with them. But I’m hoping that won’t be the case and I WILL be a no vote when I am able to vote this thing down....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Because the last contract was worth 9 billion over 5 years. This one will be worth 14.8 billion over 5 years. It could have been worth 20 billion over 5 years and certain people were never going to give it a chance. There have been people campaigning to vote no for over 5 years now. If you think that isn't a poop burger then you need an enema. Look, Sean wanted the package director job for one reason, to campaign. He was never going to do what was needed because in order to be the GP he could not have his name as the number two on this contract and have a good chance at the GP spot. So he deliberately got himself fired and made himself look like he was a reformer. He is no reformer. You have been played once again.
Where is the extra billions going to this time around???? Pay rate is about the same... I assume h and w is similar so where is the bulk of the extra 6 BILLION going????!Im sure ups broke down these figures for you guys to look at....

Tony Q

Where is the extra billions going to this time around???? Pay rate is about the same... I assume h and w is similar so where is the bulk of the extra 6 BILLION going????!Im sure ups broke down these figures for you guys to look at....
To be perfectly honest where I differ from other in the Teamsters I have thought all along we need a strike. I would love to see this current membership sit out on the street. With all the social media stuff going on it would be a real show. I hope we strike. If it was up to me, a no vote would mean we strike them, respectfully. I know my ducks are in a row and I can survive.

Tony Q

cool story. if it's true , it's true. if it's not, it's not.

if it is true , then we will vote the bastards out who sold us out when it's time to do so. it doesn't change the fact that this contract as it currently stands is garbage.

I don't care if Dennis , Fred , Sean
or friggain Tom, Dick or a Harry are president;
If it's a bad contract then whoever was responsible will pay for it eventually.

And it also has nothing to do with why you were advocating for this " contract for all" ; You know , the one that you personally were telling everyone to just wait and see and then judge ; Yada yada yada...

The only touting I've seen even close to your incessant " just wait n see" posts were those cheesy NFL tout commercials from the eighties.

Yours and theirs are both equally nauseating. And in both cases the touting was only done to hook the suckers in to believing you both knew something the " common man " didn't and to influence them to have blind friend-ING faith.

It's disgusting.
Vote No

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yes I think we should vote no and put the negotiating team in a position to put us on the street. Lets picket their ass. Vote no

Whats this "we" and "us" Dr. Jekyll? You are not one of us, you are supposed to represent us not be a door mat for the company negotiators!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To be perfectly honest where I differ from other in the Teamsters I have thought all along we need a strike. I would love to see this current membership sit out on the street. With all the social media stuff going on it would be a real show. I hope we strike. If it was up to me, a no vote would mean we strike them, respectfully. I know my ducks are in a row and I can survive.
Ok.. that is your opinion. So back to my original question, do you have any idea where that extra 6 billion is going this time around???