Tentative Agreement

RealPerson

Re: Last - best - final

Profits are used to pay dividends, management MIP and invest in capital expenditures such as buildings, planes and vehicles.
UPS has decent profits but it is nothing spectacular.

If you eliminate management MIP and put it in their salary, it will become part of Operating Expense and the profit will be decreased accordingly.

I don't begrudge anybody getting more but the indignant assertion that friend/T UPS Union employees should be compensated higher is incredibly greedy and ignorant. Go for it though.

UPS Accountants and Teamster Accountants see this reality looming on the horizon. How they educate the greedy Union members is the problem.

None of the above applies to Part-Timers who used and abused by UPS, Teamsters and friend/T UPS Union employees.

Only thing Looming is Obama Care.
We are in a Recovering Economy, so that is NOT the issue.
Remember these Profits were during a week economy, when most companies are struggling.

This is NOT the best for employees, not even acceptable. It is Great for the Company and the Union.

Biggest Joke is Starting Wage!

mintlp

Spoken like a true management person....you "employees" should expect less and be thankful for what you have....as long as we get more off the sweat off your backs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Only thing Looming is Obama Care.
We are in a Recovering Economy, so that is NOT the issue.
Remember these Profits were during a week economy, when most companies are struggling.

This is NOT the best for employees, not even acceptable. It is Great for the Company and the Union.

Biggest Joke is Starting Wage!

Getting a contract is a good thing.
The only good thing in this contract for UPS is the possibility of removing the Healthcare noose from it's neck.

UPS Ground operates at a much higher cost than does FedEx and the USPS.
The increase in total compensation to Union employees is onerous to UPS.

UPS's long-term growth and the future lies outside the US Small Package market.
Otherwise UPS will be out of business in 20 years.

Regardless, the contract will be approved ... that's a given.

​But we can still have fun talking about it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Spoken like a true management person....you "employees" should expect less and be thankful for what you have....as long as we get more off the sweat off your backs.

Thanks albeit from an ex-management person! :wink2:

​And YES the friend/T Union employees should be aware and appreciate what they have now and even more in the new contract.

kingOFchester

Last - best - final

Hoax. I understand what u are saying. I am not a gamble kind of guy. I don't want to role the dice to see how good our healthcare will be and at what future price. Rather pay a monthly fee and know what I have then to gamble on an unknown number.

Ms.PacMan

upswife75 - sure you have UPS insurance not Teamster insurance? You can be in Central States and have either one.

I would like to know the age you can get this new insurance when you retire. Currently in Central Region it states that if you are eligible for a service pension, you get insurance also. The only restriction being age 50.

oldupsman

Re: contract approval

Will be a NO for me. Unfortunately Hoax will be correct -------over 80% passage. Sheeple
People like yourself and Hoax and myself have been around a long time. And I know we've seen all this before. But the IBT cannot just gloss
over this health care problem. You're asking 40% of your voting bloc to accept an inferior health care plan that they already have while
the company has a 4 billion profit. And now people who have the inferior health care plan are finding out 40% have had a better plan all along.
I really believe for the first time you're going to see a serious backlash.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Can only hope your right. But, I don't think upsers are paying attention. Some days the guys at work are lax on all that is explained. I also don't trust the counting process.

IzzyTheNose

If you're as unhappy with the contract as I am, get the word out to everyone, guys. That's the only thing that's going to push a "No" vote. The Union is in favor of this deal, but we are not. So they're not going to sell it any other way.

Talk to people you know, talk to people you don't know. Just get the word out. But don't be shady about it, though. Highlight the pros of the contracts, and highlight the cons. Just don't forget to tell them why you're voting "No", and hammer it home that EVERYONE has to vote.

The Milkman

​And YES the friend/T Union employees should be aware and appreciate what they have now and even more in the new contract.

Typical response from a brain washed one who bled brown for years........Yes the one who sold his soul, who's strings were happily pulled......Yes Master. Your Wish is my command.. Well then go fire the driver who just found out that his kid has cancer , yes the one who's wife was just in a terrible accident and is hospitalized, for being over allowed more than 2 times this month.. and he backed up 3 times today,Will Do asap without conscience of course...:angry:

The Milkman

Oh and by the way did you see the retirement healthcare premium??? It will go up to $150 for you and $300 for you and your spouse...PER MONTH!!! This may not mean anything to those of you not planning on retiring from UPS but for those of you who are...What is the good of raising the pension when they are raising health care premium costs that high? That's $300 A MONTH. What happened to BIG MOUTH HALL when he said we will not pay $90, $9 or 09cents for healthcare when this company is as prosperous as they are. Lieing sack of $#&ttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember retirees have no vote. They can't vote on this so they stick it to them figuring the rest of us won't give a **** about that and that is where they will make their money. Well it will effect us at some point and if we let them start now imagine how high it will be when we retire. BULL****T!!!!!!!!!!!

:bpotd:

The Milkman

You must be refering to retiree coverage. Word was retiree coverage IF UPS kept the insurance would be very close to what was agreed. UPS is a for profit organization that cares nothing for retirees. When you leave, they forget you. You're a number, a costly number that they'd prefer to not sustain. The Teamsters are a not for profit organization that stays relevant by how they provide for all members, active or retired. Being a Teamster has allowed your standard of living to be above non-union or even other non-Teamsters as an active and will continue providing those bennys as a retiree.

:goodpost:

wgf46

Last - best - final

HOAXSTER - Profits are after the Bills are paid. I guess management doesn't receive increased compensation, do they ?

kingOFchester

HOAXSTER - Profits are after the Bills are paid. I guess management doesn't receive increased compensation, do they ?

I am a driver, I do not know the details of MIP. I imagine that would be something along the lines of profit share.

pretender

Sorry Rudy I don't get how you of all people can call anyone else an idiot. Your heart is in the right place, but majority of your posts show stupidity.

Ok. Here in central states I am happy with the health care we have, it was a small step down from part time health care. As we have the health care coverage from the union already this is a neutral point. I think it could get better with more people in it. Unlikely to get worse IMO. I think if it was reversed and everyone had union health care now there would be just as much resistance to be forced to join a UPS run plan

The raise is good for full timers. I expected less

In our hub It takes 5 years to go full time. When I went it took me 13 years. So a 4 year progression is better in that context. Granted this only applies at our hub

I am at the bottom of the feeder list. As it was I would only get vacation weeks in jan and feb for several years The new language means I get 1 week in the summer and I get to pick 3 weeks before the top guy gets to pick his last 3 weeks. This one point makes a big deal to me. Granted its probably going to tick off the top 50% of drivers. For me it means getting to take a vacation with my family

I think PT is getting shafted again, just not as hard.

for context I am a new feeder driver with 24 years in.

I also compare us to our rivals. I don't want to be in a position in 10 years where we no longer make profits. It's a job that pays well for me and I would like to retire with. Part of it maybe how easy feeders is to package car. This job has turned 180 deg for my stress and well being.

I imagine this will be taken by some as being selfish. I am voting yes, but I will certainly support a majority no vote if it does come to that.

Robert

I may not necessarily agree, but I believe tranham gave a thoughtful response...

oldupsman

Hoax, I've read your posts for along time and you truly have my respect as a long time UPS'er, management or not. And your the kind of center manager
(don't know if you were one) I could have worked for and never had a problem. But there is no way if currently you have UPS health care that
you are getting more in this new contract. I don't care if we were getting a dollar a year for 5 years. The extra money you'll be paying out far outweighs
that hourly raise.
And you know what? I'm about to nominate myself for martyr. I'm already retired. If this thing passes, I'll survive. I've only got 4 more years until Medicare anyway. The 300 a month
and reduced benefits won't make or break me. But if you're in your 20's,30's, or 40's and intend to make UPS your career this is really a bad deal. And I'm going to go
to my local meeting whenever it is and tell the young people that very thing. They might very well tell oldupsman to go pound sand. But I hope they listen.
Because for a company making 4 billion a year, this truly stinks. But I won't put all the blame at the company's feet. It is certainly a fair question to ask,
What the hell is the IBT thinking.

The Milkman

Hoax, I've read your posts for along time and you truly have my respect as a long time UPS'er, management or not. And your the kind of center manager
(don't know if you were one) I could have worked for and never had a problem. But there is no way if currently you have UPS health care that
you are getting more in this new contract. I don't care if we were getting a dollar a year for 5 years. The extra money you'll be paying out far outweighs
that hourly raise.
And you know what? I'm about to nominate myself for martyr. I'm already retired. If this thing passes, I'll survive. I've only got 4 more years until Medicare anyway. The 300 a month
and reduced benefits won't make or break me. But if you're in your 20's,30's, or 40's and intend to make UPS your career this is really a bad deal. And I'm going to goto my local meeting whenever it is and tell the young people that very thing. They might very well tell oldupsman to go pound sand. But I hope they listen.
Because for a company making 4 billion a year, this truly stinks. But I won't put all the blame at the company's feet. It is certainly a fair question to ask,
:likeit:

RealPerson

that hourly raise.
and reduced benefits won't make or break me. But if you're in your 20's,30's, or 40's and intend to make UPS your career this is really a bad deal. And I'm going to go
to my local meeting whenever it is and tell the young people that very thing. They might very well tell oldupsman to go pound sand. But I hope they listen.

IBT -- Gets More union dues if people stay in. -- Get a NICE raise from UPS