Tentative Agreement

UPS Preloader

Re: contract approval

I think PT is getting shafted again, just not as hard.

I imagine this will be taken by some as being selfish. I am voting yes, but I will certainly support a majority no vote if it does come to that.

You openly admit that the PT's are getting shafted again, yet you're voting yes. That is selfish. Why aren't you supporting you're brother and sisters? Why do you need a majority vote? If you think the PT's are getting shafted, vote NO and support them.

mintlp

Re: Last - best - final

I think it's sad to think that retirees almost seem to be looking forward to getting older, just so they can get on Medicare.
If employees expect to get less in benefits in contract negotiations due to corporation cutbacks....in the future...they are going to get less and less!!
The corporate people have the responsibility of reducing costs and raising profits no matter who they screw!

balland chain

I think it's sad to think that retirees almost seem to be looking forward to getting older, just so they can get on Medicare.
If employees expect to get less in benefits in contract negotiations due to corporation cutbacks....in the future...they are going to get less and less!!
The corporate people have the responsibility of reducing costs and raising profits no matter who they screw!
As long as the people that get screwed are not themselves ...

IzzyTheNose

You openly admit that the PT's are getting shafted again, yet you're voting yes. That is selfish. Why aren't you supporting you're brother and sisters? Why do you need a majority vote? If you think the PT's are getting shafted, vote NO and support them.

Agreed. I would vote down any proposal where I knew the full-timers were getting shafted. And I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why we're not only not afforded the same courtesy, but also treated like petulant whiners, is beyond my understanding.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Typical response from a brain washed one who bled brown for years........Yes the one who sold his soul, who's strings were happily pulled......Yes Master. Your Wish is my command.. Well then go fire the driver who just found out that his kid has cancer , yes the one who's wife was just in a terrible accident and is hospitalized, for being over allowed more than 2 times this month.. and he backed up 3 times today,Will Do asap without conscience of course...:angry:

Take your medicine and get your emotions under control.
Better to do that now than in August when your insurance changes! :wink2:

Agreed. I would vote down any proposal where I knew the full-timers were getting shafted. And I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why we're not only not afforded the same courtesy, but also treated like petulant whiners, is beyond my understanding.
Most part timers don't vote or go to a union meeting! Enough said.!

Skooney

It's quite sad actually. Most the full timers tend to forget that in 97 even the pilots walked. For a bunch of people making A LOT less money than we make today. It's funny how the guys making the money in this day and age have forgotten about the solidarity that brought such things as the Article 22.3 jobs.

UPS Preloader

A good portion of part timers do not care...They are just passing through. I don't want to sell them out. I want to see them have a career here! (if they choose to)This job is just a gateway to somewhere else!

I agree that many of them don't care, nor do they vote, and nor should we care about them. But there is a percentage of PT's that do care and want to make a career at UPS and I do care about them. I won't vote to accept a contact that's not in their best interest and I would hope you would do the same. Don't punish the one's that do care because of the one's that don't.

A good portion of part timers do not care...They are just passing through. I don't want to sell them out. I want to see them have a career here! (if they choose to)This job is just a gateway to somewhere else!
Yea but a part time is not a career it's a stepping stone too one. After a while you stay partime and its stagnant. This is not a career.

The Milkman

Take your medicine and get your emotions under control.
Better to do that now than in August when your insurance changes! :wink2:

Again as I expected a cocky response from someone who because he wore a tie around his fat neck that thinks he is better than us...All the people workshops for your type were nothing more than a show...........Yeah , like we are going to think that anyone in management who is tethered to strings being pulled from Atlanta really cares..HA
I saw many heartless actions over the years but yea I know...You can not make decisions on your own, you just take orders depending on your so called rank up the ladder and let it all roll down hill..Sad that there are people who actually enjoy their positions without any compassion for others but themselves..Us vs. Them...Yep has been and always will be with your type running the circus, a bunch of clowns with phony smiles on their faces feeling like the almighty only to find out after they are out of UPS they are nothing but cold heartless numbers like we all turn out to be. Jim Casey's Dream turned into a nightmare because of the Greed and power grabs that were once in Greenwich but now the horror continues out of Atlanta..Don't think you will ever see a CEO work up the ranks like Kelly did yrs ago.. Someone that was in the trenches that knew how to run a company.. I am sure he is not your Idol..:peaceful:

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

HOAXSTER - Profits are after the Bills are paid. I guess management doesn't receive increased compensation, do they ?

At one time they did.
Now the MIP is not linked to profitability ... unless profits go down and then I'm sure they'll get linked again.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Yea but a part time is not a career it's a stepping stone too one. After a while you stay partime and its stagnant. This is not a career.

WTF. Who are you to tell others what they have to do for a living? My loader owns his own business and works at UPS for the benefits. He has said that he plans on being at UPS for 30 then retiring.

You really suck at this. Such a :censored2:. Maybe you should run you thoughts by Stink before putting them out for everyone to see, because damn, you are bad at this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Again as I expected a cocky response from someone who because he wore a tie around his fat neck that thinks he is better than us...All the people workshops for your type were nothing more than a show...........Yeah , like we are going to think that anyone in management who is tethered to strings being pulled from Atlanta really cares..HA
I saw many heartless actions over the years but yea I know...You can not make decisions on your own, you just take orders depending on your so called rank up the ladder and let it all roll down hill..Sad that there are people who actually enjoy their positions without any compassion for others but themselves..Us vs. Them...Yep has been and always will be with your type running the circus, a bunch of clowns with phony smiles on their faces feeling like the almighty only to find out after they are out of UPS they are nothing but cold heartless numbers like we all turn out to be. Jim Casey's Dream turned into a nightmare because of the Greed and power grabs that were once in Greenwich but now the horror continues out of Atlanta..Don't think you will ever see a CEO work up the ranks like Kelly did yrs ago.. Someone that was in the trenches that knew how to run a company.. I am sure he is not your Idol..:peaceful:

Kelly started all this you know.
He took us public.
He brought in the consultants that changed United Parcel Service to UPS.
UPS is where it is because of its competition and those forces and Kelly's reaction to it.
UPS was beginning its downward spiral and Kelly started us in a new direction.
Hopefully, it is the right decision.
Eskew and Davis have concentrated on controlling costs and UPS is nearing the limits in that area.
​If you want to emotionally rant at someone, go rant at FedEx and USPS because that's where the real problem is.

Sorry, I don't live up to your standards of what you think I should be but it really doesn't bother me that much.
UPS higher management felt the same way about me but on the other side so I personally feel if the people at the extremes don't agree with me, I must be somewhere near the truth.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks to the mod or mods who encapsulated many threads into one.

I used the search function with the words....Tentative Agreement, T.A. and new contract.

I'm pretty sure there is only ONE tentative agreement, but there are 10 or more threads about it. They could all be under the "Tentative Agreement" thread. That way, anything about the tentative agreement can be questioned or commented on there.

Asskicker

Good question Browned out!!! In the right to work states where part timers are dumping the Union how would that work? And how would it work in retirement? We pay dues the entire time we are working and they don't and we pay the same premiums when we retire as they do? That needs to be addressed.

Asskicker

Hey Southern comfort....that's why you have to get a lawyer if you are injured bad enough that you might be off a while. You can go home and take the weekend off and they ABSOLUTELY have to file a workman's comp report on you. Just a quick FYI. I know someone who slipped on ice in the parking lot and UPS refused to file WC because she wasn't on the clock. One call to a lawyer and he called UPS and WC was filed. It was a really bad injury that required surgery. Anyway the company cannot refuse your right to file WC on ANY injury. The insurance company might deny the claim if they investigate it and decide it's not a comp injury, but that is later and it is the insurance companies call, not UPS. My BA told me anytime a person gets hurt on the job and misses one day because of the injury it has to be reported to OSHA. That's why they send you home and try to avoid you filing the claim. If we all pushed for them to do things right, they would be watched a hell of a lot closer then they are.

UPS Preloader

Hey Southern comfort....that's why you have to get a lawyer if you are injured bad enough that you might be off a while. You can go home and take the weekend off and they ABSOLUTELY have to file a workman's comp report on you. Just a quick FYI. I know someone who slipped on ice in the parking lot and UPS refused to file WC because she wasn't on the clock. One call to a lawyer and he called UPS and WC was filed. It was a really bad injury that required surgery. Anyway the company cannot refuse your right to file WC on ANY injury. The insurance company might deny the claim if they investigate it and decide it's not a comp injury, but that is later and it is the insurance companies call, not UPS. My BA told me anytime a person gets hurt on the job and misses one day because of the injury it has to be reported to OSHA. That's why they send you home and try to avoid you filing the claim. If we all pushed for them to do things right, they would be watched a hell of a lot closer then they are.

If you are injured and you advise UPS that you want to report it, UPS must fill out what's called a First Report of Occupational Injury and must give you a copy withing 7 days. (At least in my area.) Anyone who is injured should be requesting this but most don't out of fear.

Any injury requiring more than first aid or more than basic medical treatment is supposed to be reported to OSHA as is any injury that results in a loss of time or being moved to light duty and any injury that results in a fracture or broken bone. In my building alone, I know of two injuries in the last year alone that should have been reported and weren't.