Tentative Agreement

M

MenInBrown

​A part time loader works much harder per hour than the average driver.

Really hard to compare apples to apples on who works harder...and that should not even be an issue...we need to stick together regardless. Help everyone get proper wages.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
​Thats why the tie barely fit on your fat neck. Lol.

I vaguely remember ties. It has been many years.
I used clip-ons in operations anyway so that was not a problem.
I always felt it was stupid to put a noose around my neck.
As a photographer, I use a bow-tie if required.

​PS - I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow with a beach theme - sandals, no socks, shorts and a beach shirt.

UPS Preloader

I work much harder than a PT in hours 4-12 everyday...stand together and vote NO to get PT higher wages...I was there just like most everyone else and every contract PT get screwed. Also vote NO for our retirees healthcare cost...these people helped get us to where we are.

We need to stand together and send the message to UPS that they need to take care of all of us!

The Milkman

Re: Last - best - final

LOL ... such a goober.

I'm glad you have validated your beliefs.

​Go drink a beer for me and kill your few remaining brain cells. :wink2:

Maybe I will put together a video for you so you can quote someone else correctly. LOL

The Truth is that everything I said is True concerning people like yourself. Ups first before God and family, Sold your soul like all the others..I can sleep well at night knowing I did not, maybe someday Hoax possibly on your deathbed you will finally realize that Humans need to be treated with respect. Honesty in the ranks of UPS Mgnt needs some help. Back stabbing your own needs to stop. That was in my opinion while working that mgnt never really looked at us drivers as anything other than a tool to make the Fatcats more $$$..Treat people respectfully and you would without all the screaming and yelling, notice of discharge for the most minor things and recognizing all the efforts drivers do when you are not spying on them, Then you would have people working with a GREAT ATTITUDE towards making UPS Great, but unfortunately the Brain trusts on the board decide that "Common Sense" won't work. Most guys over the yrs would go above and beyond for a Ctr mgr that treated them with respect, but then comes along a hard boiled Division or District Mgr who then decides again what is best for production and the so called #'s needed to make themselves stand out to get noticed , all the while the drivers on the front line slowly but surely lose their morale and that's why today things are in such a bad state on the SS BIG BROWN:surprised:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The Truth is that everything I said is True concerning people like yourself. Ups first before God and family, Sold your soul like all the others..I can sleep well at night knowing I did not, maybe someday Hoax possibly on your deathbed you will finally realize that Humans need to be treated with respect. Honesty in the ranks of UPS Mgnt needs some help. Back stabbing your own needs to stop. That was in my opinion while working that mgnt never really looked at us drivers as anything other than a tool to make the Fatcats more $$$..Treat people respectfully and you would without all the screaming and yelling, notice of discharge for the most minor things and recognizing all the efforts drivers do when you are not spying on them, Then you would have people working with a GREAT ATTITUDE towards making UPS Great, but unfortunately the Brain trusts on the board decide that "Common Sense" won't work. Most guys over the yrs would go above and beyond for a Ctr mgr that treated them with respect, but then comes along a hard boiled Division or District Mgr who then decides again what is best for production and the so called #'s needed to make themselves stand out to get noticed , all the while the drivers on the front line slowly but surely lose their morale and that's why today things are in such a bad state on the SS BIG BROWN:surprised:

Can't disagree with any of that.
Same applies to management.
There really is not a hill of beans difference between drivers and operations management in how they are treated and how they are looked at from above.
I realized that I was just look as a "head count" and adjusted long ago.

I do sleep well at night or at least with a clear mind.
I treated the people I worked with, with respect.
People who reported to me made sure they let know how much they appreciated how I worked with them.

You don't know me and got a wild hair up your ass about something and I just find it funny.
Sorry if that bothers you ... you are unimportant, almost as much as I am.
​I know you are retired, maybe you should go get a job to bring some purpose to your life.

SouthernComfort

Before my center manager was in management we were decent friends... we went fishing, went to baseball games, got hammered/crap face/retarded drunk often and both loved the UPS lifestyle. They were an hourly employee on the twilight shift with me years ago..they went to college, got into part time supervision, then full time management(on midnight) after receiving their Bachelors degree... Our center manager quit and our new manager(my friend) replaced them, on that day.... I lost a friend. I dont know what happened. Almost like MORE was expected of me because we were buds, in all honesty I was doing my best... I cant run an hour under for YOU to make your numbers even out, instead of cracking my butt... get onto the guy who runs an hour over everyday, this aint the military! That was 3 years ago and if I saw my manager on fire at a gas station I wouldnt piss on them to put the fire out.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
100k? I'd be lucky to make 75k this yr. Maybe a satellite area,or feeder. We are kept at 9hrs at most. In our center. Not all ft drivers make that much. Don't exaggerate

Amazing. According to the fringe on this site every driver works 10 to 14 hours a day. I had 43 hours this week and last.[/QUOTE]
You need to back off a little. This old fart worked 25 hours this week!:happy-very:

The Milkman

Can't disagree with any of that.
Same applies to management.
There really is not a hill of beans difference between drivers and operations management in how they are treated and how they are looked at from above. BIG JOKE
I realized that I was just look as a "head count" and adjusted long ago. Had no Choice

I do sleep well at night or at least with a clear mind. With no conscience that is possible
I treated the people I worked with, with respect. I'd like to hear from them
People who reported to me made sure they let know how much they appreciated how I worked with them. You must be someones Godson on the board

You don't know me and got a wild hair up your ass about something and I just find it funny. Clean shaved
Sorry if that bothers you ... you are unimportant, almost as much as I am. yep we are unimportant depending on who you talk to
​I know you are retired, maybe you should go get a job to bring some purpose to your life.
Retired means not working..

The only thing that sorta bugs me about you....Is that no matter what...You always have that management mentality and I guess you always will answer that way. You were programed so long ago it is hard to shake, like a bad accent..I myself always bucked mgnt when it came to common sense and doing the right things for the customer.. But many above made decisions that made no sense making our service really look bad at times when I knew, and many others knew that service is what builit this company, no product to sell just service. Where did Service go? Just ask any senior driver, or the guys at the board meetings who call the shots just like war games not really experiencing the line of fire faced daily outside the hubs.. BTW lets move on :peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: contract approval

People like yourself and Hoax and myself have been around a long time. And I know we've seen all this before. But the IBT cannot just gloss
over this health care problem. You're asking 40% of your voting bloc to accept an inferior health care plan that they already have while
the company has a 4 billion profit. And now people who have the inferior health care plan are finding out 40% have had a better plan all along.
I really believe for the first time you're going to see a serious backlash.

Some relevant info on healthcare and cadillac plans:

This is the limits: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010) imposes an annual excise tax on plans with premiums exceeding $10,200 for individuals or $27,500 for a family (not including vision and dental benefits) starting in 2018.[SUP][4][/SUP]

The Teamsters were able to get an exemption for Unions.
The cost for UPS to provide an individual healthcare insurance is $9592 and $19,184 for a family.
This is getting close to meeting the limits for an individual.

Another reason for UPS to let the Teamsters assume the provider role since the Union is exempt.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/new-teamcare-deductibles-350006/#ixzz2SznZpEHf

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The only thing that sorta bugs me about you....Is that no matter what...You always have that management mentality and I guess you always will answer that way.

I, of course, don't understand what you are saying in regards to "You always have that management mentality and I guess you always will answer that way." I am what I am and no one can ever really see themselves.

Maybe it is the fact that I thought like that to begin with.
I was always good in math and science and went to Ga Tech taking 26 math/logic courses as a Computer Science major.
I guess I strongly lean towards a "Input => apply logic => Output" way of thinking.
That was one thing I liked about working with people is that it was not that simple and humans are very hard to predict as individuals.

If nothing else, you made me think about it. :wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Look for the contract ballot to be mailed out May 24-28, with a June 20 date for counting to begin. I got a copy of the contract report from my Local that everybody in it should receive next week.

The Milkman

I, of course, don't understand what you are saying in regards to "You always have that management mentality and I guess you always will answer that way." I am what I am and no one can ever really see themselves.

Maybe it is the fact that I thought like that to begin with.
I was always good in math and science and went to Ga Tech taking 26 math/logic courses as a Computer Science major.
I guess I strongly lean towards a "Input => apply logic => Output" way of thinking.
That was one thing I liked about working with people is that it was not that simple and humans are very hard to predict as individuals.

If nothing else, you made me think about it. :wink2:

:its_all_good:

kumet

Re contract

I went on strike in 97 for the good of my Brothers. Now my brothers will settle 3 months in advance for the good of the company?Maybe the negotiation would not have been so tough closer to strike date.

kumet

Re: Re contract

Re retire health plan. Is it "retiree plus" mean plus wife and children under 26 still full time students or just wife? Hope we find out before there are no other options. I wonder if the stock price went up so much a few months ago because this contract was already bought?

kumet

Re contract

I went on strike in 97 for the good of my Brothers. Now my brothers will settle 3 months in advance for the good of the company.Maybe the negotiation would not have been so tough closer to strike date.I wonder if the stocp prices went up so much in the last few months because this contract was already bought.

The Milkman

I went on strike in 97 for the good of my Brothers. Now my brothers will settle 3 months in advance for the good of the company.Maybe the negotiation would not have been so tough closer to strike date.I wonder if the stocp prices went up so much in the last few months because this contract was already bought.

Something to think about for sure...

:dont_know:

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

No, your brothers settled for the good of themselves. It's a different world than in 1997. Today, FedEx Ground and oodles of local courier services, as well as Parcel Select middlemen, provide a viable option to UPS -- and as the clocked ticked toward the contract expiration, shippers wouldn't hesitate to move toward these other carriers. Unfortunately, the public isn't going to be on the side of a UPS driver who turned down a contract that would pay him nearly $100,000K per year by 2018 alongside full, no-cost health & welfare benefits. Even if we were forced to strike, I doubt we would've earned a significantly better contract, and a strike would've come at a cost of thousands of Teamster jobs (as shippers who defected aren't likely to return).

I'm confident the contract will pass, but I will symbolically vote no since I believe it favors FT while once again shafting the PTers.

pretender

That would be great!
I was going off the letters mailed out earlier this year on the August 1, 2013 date.

It's not a good feeling to have financial costs increase like this when you are in retirement on a quasi-fixed income.
It's hard to plan after you pull the trigger.

I believed that I was doing thoughtful planning when, three years ago, I switched from the "UPS Health and Welfare Plan" to the "UPS Health and Welfare Package". The new package was pitched to me as being a seamless transition with the exact same benefits when I retired--and indeed it was. The cost would be $400 per month ($200 + $200), and that is what I have been paying. It is a mute point now, since both are going away---"the best laid plans"...

With the new contract, active employees will not have to pay for their healthcare coverage--which is great. However, if I am to believe that had the union accepted UPS's proposal of $30/$60/$90, then the company would have retained control of healthcare. Since I am already paying $400, I will be happy to stay with the company plan...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Co-pays and deductibles tend to make you think twice before seeking medical care and are very effective in reducing healthcare costs. Our union local implemented $10 doctor office and $100 ER visit co-pays several years ago and our overall healthcare costs have gone down dramatically. While a $10 co-pay may be neglible $100 will certainly make you choose whether to go to the ER or to wait until the following morning to see your doctor. Prior to the ER co-pay, which is waived if you are admitted, guys were going to the ER for sniffles and minor cuts (we don't have after-hours urgent care facilities in our area---after 7 pm the ER is pretty much all we got)----since the co-pay these same guys are waiting to see their regular doctor.

Switching from the company plan to a Teamster plan will be an adjustment but if you are a smart consumer you will notice very little difference. My out of pocket for medical in 2012 was a little less than $200 and this was because I decided to get the Rx in my back-up glasses updated. ($225) If I had not done this I would have actually made a small profit. (Thanks, Combined!) No, you will not be able to run to the doctor's for every little scrape, bump or bruise, nor will you be able to get the latest pair of designer frames and, yes, you may have to settle for generic drugs but you will get your teeth checked and cleaned twice a year and your eyes checked and a new pair of glasses once a year, both for free (if you choose a participating provider).