Tentative agreement

Staydryitsraining

So if the new class starts at 20.50 and ends at 34.79, that means you will make that minimum when you work in the warehouse?? I smell bull:censored2:, no matter how you manipulate things i dont see that being cost effective.

F

Frankie's Friend

I already know what it was about. And it's too bad you TLDR'd that post, because it completely refutes any crap you can say against what I'm saying, and you know it. But let me TLDR it for you in case you didn't actually read it:
The union is not supposed to be a faction of full-timers and a faction of part-timers. Period. It's supposed to be a brotherhood. When full-timers pay no attention to what the part-timers are getting (and vice versa), it's no longer a brotherhood. Period. And guess what? This is exactly what the company wants. So congratulations, WE (not just part-timers, not just full-timers) have already lost.

And let me get my crystal ball out real quick...yes, it's saying that if this contract goes through, and it's because a record number of part-timers turned out, the next contract will cater even more to the part-timers (even as little as it actually is catering to them now). The company will see it as a tactic for decreasing costs overall, especially through decreasing pay and benefits for full-timers in favor of part-timers. Do I want to see this happen? NO. There's plenty to go around for part-timers and full-timers. But is it getting more and more likely? Yes.
Tldr
Yawn

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
We were making jokes about what a "hybrid" was, like some kind of warewolf, or mechanical man. The preload manager looked like he was going to say something but then left after seeing this go on.
I was a little surprised no one clapped. Honestly felt a little proud for my fellow co-workers

The Range

In too deep
We can't keep part-timers getting a bonus that pays them more than current tenured part-timers who don't get this bonus. Screwing over all current part-timers and creating a fissure for further exploitation via this two-tiered treason. NO way!

Brownpants80

I was told by our Shop Steward that supposedly progression for full-time drivers was was going to be bumped down to 2 years. Other people on here have mentioned three years so has anybody else heard anything specific?
My steward told me 2 years. But this was months and months ago before anything started coming out. I'm about to text him and see what he says now.

bowhnterdon

Sad day for Teamsters,who pride themselves saying they are the largest and most powerful Union out there. What happened? I remember the dog days of corruption,watching J Presser being carried by men dressed as Romans.A totally embarrassment . Not much different than now...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our sleeper supervisor has been hinting at us getting more runs but he swears he doesn't know when or how many. I do know some of the sleeper schedules have been thrown off by late trains. A friend of mine said there were about 40 sleeper treams waiting at the railyard a month or so back... I think 2 trains were late. I believe that was Mesquite.

It would fit the profile of running more weekend deliveries. It's quicker to drive than go on the rail. I also believe it's cheaper to run sleepers than fly more planes... I'm sure they are also trying to take more loads of the animals system any way possible.

Right now most of our runs are 4.5 to 5.5 days with maybe 12 hours home somewhere in the week. If they were 3-4 days going longer distances each leg I would think about it.

You heard anything?
I think it could be a good thing for us and give our package guys and gals a chance at feeders... I just wish that pc drivers who are at buildings where they only have 1 or 2 runs could go anywhere in the local or joint council and get an opportunity to go into feeders...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If you can see the pattern , part timers will be slowly phased out by automation. I have been saying this for years. The company can afford to "appear" generous for PTers because in the long run they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't understand this hybrid classification but I do see UPS using more and more gypos for moving feeder trailers and the railroad. Look what happened to Walmart truck drivers. You don't see many actual Wal-Mart drivers on the road. Companies like England and others are pulling their trailers.

W heard talk for years that UPS was going to downside feeder. Where there is smoke there's fire.

The meat and potatoes is going to be the package driver. But knowing UPS they are working on that. Drones , USPS , Uber , and other forms of independent delivery services. Heck they are alreay doing that with very little backlash from the union because the teeth in the contract are ground down. Now if you were UPS , wouldn't you expand on that to keep from hiring more Teamsters?

You have to remember that UPS is not a person. One BILLION profits per quarter is not enough. 2-3- or 5 BILLION dollars of profit per quarter would not be enough either. Anything legal or whatever they can get away with for making an extra Billion in profit will be used.

Take what you can while you can.

Days

@olroadbeech

That's a very grim summary lol. Labor laws and machines taking jobs away from workers is something that needs to be settled in politics. Some grocery stores are removing self checkouts and fighting the removal of jobs. You are right though.

Tony Q

"Hybrid" package car drivers.

Please tell us how that helps the package car classification. We will wait for your response.

Come on Tony. That alone is like trying to sell hair straightener in china...
In other words we don't need it.
Okay, here are some common issues with your typical UPS driver

1. 9.5
2. 8 hour requests
3. To much work and harassment.
4. being to afraid to put themselves on the 9.5 list

These drivers/inside combo 22.4 employees will help alleviate a lot of these issues. I wish I could explain more to you, but in the spirit of what is right I will not go to in-depth at this time.

I'll leave you with a caveat. These jobs will give many new members from the part-time ranks the opportunity to go full-time. Some will have less than three years and will make a minimum of 20.50 to start. That is for both work in the building, and out of the building, driving. They will top out over 34.79 an hour like a 22.3 employee. These jobs will appeal to a lot of people who don't want the responsibility of running a full route like a regular package car driver. One more thing I will leave you with is that the number of actual package car drivers who are in existence today,, will not be allowed to decrease. I will let you be the judge, jury, and executioner. Choose wisely