Tentative agreement

Okay, here are some common issues with your typical UPS driver

1. 9.5
2. 8 hour requests
3. To much work and harassment.
4. being to afraid to put themselves on the 9.5 list

These drivers/inside combo 22.4 employees will help alleviate a lot of these issues. I wish I could explain more to you, but in the spirit of what is right I will not go to in-depth at this time.

I'll leave you with a caveat. These jobs will give many new members from the part-time ranks the opportunity to go full-time. Some will have less than three years and will make a minimum of 20.50 to start. That is for both work in the building, and out of the building, driving. They will top out over 34.79 an hour like a 22.3 employee. These jobs will appeal to a lot of people who don't want the responsibility of running a full route like a regular package car driver. One more thing I will leave you with is that the number of actual package car drivers who are in existence today,, will not be allowed to decrease. I will let you be the judge, jury, and executioner. Choose wisely
I have never had a problem with any of those issues

specter208

Got a text with this link.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    817.2 KB · Views: 181

Tony Q

Yeah like Rob A did last time during the cba debacle?

Having an opinion is one thing surviving it is something else.
Yeah, we already went over this. I feel bad for Rob, and I believe that he got a bad shake, but he also didn't exactly protect himself either.

Tony Q

So I am supposed to "follow my conscience" by screwing over the current long term Part Timers who will have to wait even more years to get a full scale driving job, so a collage kid working here for 3 months can make $2 an hour more this summer?

Sorry, but if I follow my conscience I can't justify doing that.

I suspect it was deemed "the number one proposal" because the Union leadership had been told, or just realized that UPS had to raise the starting wage anyway. An easy victory to claim. I know the leadership was pushing that line; "we need a better starting wage" early in the process here. It was not coming from members at the meetings.

People were predicting this last year on Brown Cafe.
Actually it was the number one proposal. If you believe this or not is not my issue to prove, disprove or even deal with. Good luck in your future retirement, and hopefully your increase in pension is still on the table if this gets voted down.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Part of the problem is that for every driver who wants a 40ish hour week there are others who feel robbed if they get under 55 hours.

If they locked in buildings to the same number of top rate drivers they have now and filled any openings immediately, I wouldn't have a probelem with this. Drivers would have to wait their turn for top rate but it would still be attainable. It would also allow them to knock out a shorter progression before going full-time and stop the abuse of coverage drivers in some areas.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I think it could be a good thing for us and give our package guys and gals a chance at feeders... I just wish that pc drivers who are at buildings where they only have 1 or 2 runs could go anywhere in the local or joint council and get an opportunity to go into feeders...

It takes a special kind of person to do sleeper runs. Package guys complain bout the hours but they are mostly M-friend and sleep at home every night. Almost all of our sleeper runs work through the weekends. Sure, they make $130-165k but thy give up a lot for that income.

Plus it's probably the most dangerous job at UPS.

Tony Q

What I've seen isn't good..... What they just put out, isn't good....

Why you trying to sell it so hard?
You can strike them if you want. Vote no if if you please. Like I've said before. In a sick way I'd like to watch it burn to the ground and change forever. I want the members to get what they deserve, but if that happens you need to take the consequences. Good luck on what you choose.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
My steward told me 2 years. But this was months and months ago before anything started coming out. I'm about to text him and see what he says now.
What about people that are in progresson right now. I have 2 years to top out so would I top out right away or still sol and have to wait 2years?

Brownpants80

What about people that are in progresson right now. I have 2 years to top out so would I top out right away or still sol and have to wait 2years?
Plus not to mention this is my first contract so I'm not familiar with anything. I've heard lots of things but who knows what's true and what's not. I'm mad a new hire would make more then me if they pass this hybrid driver. They start out a dollar more then I make now (19.50 1 year in)

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Plus not to mention this is my first contract so I'm not familiar with anything. I've heard lots of things but who knows what's true and what's not. I'm mad a new hire would make more then me if they pass this hybrid driver. They start out a dollar more then I make now (19.50 1 year in)
I feel your pain. Been at ups 13 yrs never wanted to drive. Finally went full time but never did cover driving so I started at that 18.75/hr bs def feel your pain when a tdc makes more then us.

Brownpants80

I feel your pain. Been at ups 13 yrs never wanted to drive. Finally went full time but never did cover driving so I started at that 18.75/hr bs def feel your pain when a tdc makes more then us.
I didnt even know that, should have took the position when they offered it to me last month!

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I have been speaking to drivers in the Reno and Sacramento hubs. so far for the most part they are happy.

however , all the people I know are feeder drivers. before voting no i would want to know what the negotiators tell us. this is brand new news. it may take awhile before you can make an informed decision.
They are happy because they are at top rate.
This contract is pure garbage

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I didnt even know that, should have took the position when they offered it to me last month!
Yea if you cover drive and get 30days you start at like 29-30 or something. Then if you go full time you keep that for 4yrs.. if you skip cover and go straight to full time you start at 18.75 then 19.50 21 25 then too out 4th year. But you are guaranteed to drive 8hr.. I couldn’t afford a tdc bc I need a set income.

Brownpants80

Yea if you cover drive and get 30days you start at like 29-30 or something. Then if you go full time you keep that for 4yrs.. if you skip cover and go straight to full time you start at 18.75 then 19.50 21 25 then too out 4th year. But you are guaranteed to drive 8hr.. I couldn’t afford a tdc bc I need a set income.

Wow. Alot of guys moved over to tdc last month in my hub.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
You can strike them if you want. Vote no if if you please. Like I've said before. In a sick way I'd like to watch it burn to the ground and change forever. I want the members to get what they deserve, but if that happens you need to take the consequences. Good luck on what you choose.
Any info on the moving the progression to two years? Or sumting

IGotARock

I have no clue, I'm honestly just as lost as everyone else If not more since I'm only a year in.
That's pretty much where I'm at. I'm waiting on the full contract to be released, then I'm going to read through it, and form an opinion then. Right now, it's just too much flailing.