Tentative agreement

Tony Q

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'm waiting on the full contract to be released, then I'm going to read through it, and form an opinion then. Right now, it's just too much flailing.
This is the best way to go about it. This contract shouldn't need to be sold to you. You will buy it if you want it. I think you will end up liking it, but ultimately it will be your choice.

Brownpants80

There should be clifnotes for those of us that are new and it's our first negotiations. Being newer I dont get very much of this. Makes it hard to vote. Everyone looks at pay who doesnt understand much of it, Including me. I've asked my steward questions and I get gibberish as if I know what was going on in contracts before I became part of Teamsters. The way I'm seeing it and am clearly not understanding... the hybrid drivers for example.. it sucks delivering 200+ a day in :censored2:ed up trucks that are completely out of order. So wouldn't a hybrid driver help us out with this? Why is it a bad thing?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is the best way to go about it. This contract shouldn't need to be sold to you. You will buy it if you want it. I think you will end up liking it, but ultimately it will be your choice.
Will these hybrid drivers be making the same rate of 34 if they are car washing or delivering... and if they want to be a regular full time m-friend driver will they be able to get that chance??? And you said that the total amount of ft jobs won’t go down but is there language to grow that number??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I believe you will be very happy.
I just don’t want the language so slippery that they can abuse these hybrid drivers... you know what they did with surepost .... they are sending mashers of volume to the post office.. totally going above and beyond what the service was EVER intended to be!!

Tony Q

I just don’t want the language so slippery that they can abuse these hybrid drivers... you know what they did with surepost .... they are sending mashers of volume to the post office.. totally going above and beyond what the service was EVER intended to be!!
I totally understand your apprehension.

Indecisi0n

I just don’t want the language so slippery that they can Marlabuse these hybrid drivers... you know what they did with surepost .... they are sending mashers of volume to the post office.. totally going above and beyond what the service was EVER intended to be!!
Mark my words, they will be used to take OT away from FT drivers.

Tony Q

Will these hybrid drivers be making the same rate of 34 if they are car washing or delivering... and if they want to be a regular full time m-friend driver will they be able to get that chance??? And you said that the total amount of ft jobs won’t go down but is there language to grow that number??
Yes, yes and I cant say right now.

bowhnterdon

I just cannot wrap my head around the pay increase. Huge tax cuts, profits soaring, business booming. And we get an extra nickel a year over the last contract...

Brownpants80

Anyone know if theres any language that's going to allow shorts and short sleeves for those of us with tattoos. 90* weather and full uniform is eventually going to give me heat stroke. I know some regions already allow it. Mine doesnt. I'm in Michigan.

M

MenInBrown

Anyone know if theres any language that's going to allow shorts and short sleeves for those of us with tattoos. 90* weather and full uniform is eventually going to give me heat stroke. I know some regions already allow it. Mine doesnt. I'm in Michigan.

Wow you let them discriminate against you like that? One call to an attorney and you’re wearing a speedo if you want to.

Staydryitsraining

Thats your center managers decision, has nothing to do with region.