Terminated for burning packages

I was terminated today for missed packages. I have done this previously before but was never issued a warning letter or suspension for it. What’s the chance the union and I could win this case to get my job back

Last edited:

Thead Shi

Out of curiosity were you told to come back to the center and mark the packages missed or did you come back yourself and determine its too late to deliver? Business after 5 or resi? Nda? Was it on perfect service monday???

CoolStoryBro

I was terminated today for missed packages. I have done this previously before but was never issued a warning letter or suspension for it. What’s the chance the union and I could win this case to get my job back

This falls under "proven dishonesty." They do not need to follow progressive discipline (warning, suspension then discharge). They can get rid of you without the possibility of you getting your job back if they have sufficient evidence. If they really like you then you might have a chance of getting your job back.

COOL STORY BRO

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Can you get your job back? Possibly
Will you? Dunno
Did you sheet them or did you just bring them back?
Did you send a message asking for help?
Was this the third time in a recent timeframe?

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow--we had a driver who would eat the contents of a package if it was edible but I've never heard of anyone burning them.

Out of curiosity were you told to come back to the center and mark the packages missed or did you come back yourself and determine its too late to deliver? Business after 5 or resi? Nda? Was it on perfect service monday???
I came back and put the packages at the clerk table because the business was too late to deliver

CoolStoryBro

I came back and put the packages at the clerk table because the business was too late to deliver

They can straight up fire you for this.

Do they like you? Do you bonus on routes? Do you run and skip your breaks? probably not if you have missed businesses.
If you are slow and they don't treat you well then this is their opportunity to get rid of you. if you are a crazy runner and burn up routes with major bonus then they will probably let it slide.

Your actions show that you are either not very smart or there is a serious training issue and you legitimately don't know proper procedures. Which is it?

Thead Shi

Sucks asking for help when behind and it sucks running those gosh darn PACKAGES THAT WERE ON THE WRONG SHELF back out to there destination you past 15 miles ago.. but not delivering packages you know you have is a big no no. Found that out pretty early on myself so always cover your ass and let them know. Did not happen 3 times though so best of luck to you.