Terminated for dishonesty

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sure you did.. you sent it in as a misload. You don’t have permission to sheet it as anything until they tell you.

You hand it to them and let them know you sent it in 5 hours ago.

I am tired of covering for others mistakes. Hold them equally accountable.
I appreciate your point of view, but that’s why this guys gonna sweat out his job over the holidays.

Thebrownblob

Sure you did.. you sent it in as a misload. You don’t have permission to sheet it as anything until they tell you.

You hand it to them and let them know you sent it in 5 hours ago.

I am tired of covering for others mistakes. Hold them equally accountable.
Unfortunately, it is not equal and you’re playing against the house when you do that. I wouldn’t gamble that way.

BlackCat

I appreciate your point of view, but that’s why this guys gonna sweat out his job over the holidays.
The only reason this is an issue is because his boss is going to get his ass chewed out.

Any other time of the year what he did was perfectly acceptable.

Thebrownblob

The only reason this is an issue is because his boss is going to get his ass chewed out.

Any other time of the year what he did was perfectly acceptable.
I’ve had guys taken out of service pretty much any time of the year when they bring back a package without scanning it, and putting it designation on it. It’s a very bad idea.

If I don’t get a message telling me what to do with it before the end of my day, I’m gonna go deliver it. I don’t give a damn how long it takes. Good luck firing me for making service on a package.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve had guys taken out of service pretty much any time of the year when they bring back a package without scanning it, and putting it designation on it. It’s a very bad idea.

If I don’t get a message telling me what to do with it before the end of my day, I’m gonna go deliver it. I don’t give a damn how long it takes. Good luck firing me for making service a package.
Closed business after 5 is still a missed. If they want me to waste my time doing a drive by OK with me. But I won't falsify my records about it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

If I don’t get a message telling me what to do with it before the end of my day, I’m gonna go deliver it. I don’t give a damn how long it takes. Good luck firing me for making service a package.
Untitled design.png

This was last peak right before Christmas. They told us if we had misloads, run them.
Well.
I ran it. Lol.

Omega117

Thanks for the feedback guys. Like one guy said should of ran it regardless. My BA and steward said we can fight it and get my job back and not to worry about it over the holidays. I've heard and seen worst firing from my center and those guys got their job back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Found 2 packages as misloads and scan them in as misloads. Didn't get any response to run them. But get this it was said in PCM. "Nothing will be sheeted as missed this week due to Christmas weekend." Odds of getting the job back ?
Disobey a direct work directive?

oie_overlay.gif

Thebrownblob

Thanks for the feedback guys. Like one guy said should have ran it regardless. My BA and steward said we can fight it and get my job back and not to worry about it over the holidays. I've heard and seen worst firing from my center and those guys got their job back.
Yep unless you’ve done this multiple times I do not see you losing your job permanently.
Tell them you understand what you did wrong, and it won’t happen again take the slap on the wrist and move on.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Thanks for the feedback guys. Like one guy said should of ran it regardless. My BA and steward said we can fight it and get my job back and not to worry about it over the holidays. I've heard and seen worst firing from my center and those guys got their job back.
What's done is done.

Try not to focus on it over Christmas, but take something away from the experience.
They aren't your friend.
They will fire you if it's convenient.
They do not care about you.

CYA, WAD.

Omega117

Yep unless you’ve done this multiple times I do not see you losing your job permanently.
Tell them you understand what you did wrong, and it won’t happen again take the slap on the wrist and move on.
Just once for this peak season. Not on anyone :censored2: list or anything. I'm categorized as a driver they can rely on. Just this year's center manager doesn't know me as well. He's the one who fired me over the phone in the office.

Thebrownblob

Just once for this peak season. Not on anyone :censored2: list or anything. I'm categorized as a driver they can rely on. Just this year's center manager doesn't know me as well. He's the one who fired me over the phone in the office.
You’ll be fine, don’t do it again.

Just curiously was a union Steward present on that phone call?