Terminated for fraudulent documentation

Rack em

Made the Podium
We had a guy here deliver thousands of dollars of jewelry to a jewelry store left it on the counter and signed the board himself...all on camera...he was suspended for a day...they need drivers so bad right now you could get away with murder
But did he forge someone else's name or sign his own name? It is my understanding that if you sign your own name, you liable for the package(s) but you can't get in trouble for it.

So they can fire you for signing your own name? Some driver at my center do this multiple times a day on the rural routes...
I would advise him to stop. Several drivers in your local have been fired for it. In theory, a driver should never touch the stylist to the board. Except to punch out.

reginald95

Can u be fired for turning off the radio signal on the diad board so you don't get messages? Thought about it when I was done early with my route so I can just drive in and not do any extra work.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Can u be fired for turning off the radio signal on the diad board so you don't get messages? Thought about it when I was done early with my route so I can just drive in and not do any extra work.

No. But you have to use their code. When done: from the delivery screen hit enter then I-e-c-D-x-m-I-s-a-O-c-e-T then stop complete. To get (-) turn the diad upside down (gyroscope) and press the scan button. This will block the radio signals but not alert the OMS there is a problem.

Over disciplined0123

So I was recently fired for fraudulent documentation. I just recently gained seniority. I would say I have about 60 work days in. So I'm still a rookie and never had any disciplinary action prior to this incident for missing a pick up. I was how ever suspended for 2 weeks pending a t1 accident claiming that I hit a car and left a fake name and number. The owner of the Vehicle came in claiming that I struck his car 11 days later. It just so happens that My truck schematics and GPS on my diad was down that day and only that day. I found that extremely difficult to believe. After my review I was told I was not to get back on my package truck. So as I was getting ready to leave the center a supervisor stops me and says hey where are you going?? I told him I was just told that I'm still suspended and that I can't drive. I come to find out that the supervisors had a meeting at 7am with the Hub manager and that it was agreed that I would be returning to my package truck. So what happened between 7am and 9am to where the center manager decided he was no longer going to let me drive that day?? So instead of me driving that day they had a supervisor drive and me make the deliveries. The following day Im back on my route "by myself" I was overloaded with packages and stops 196 stops 435 packages. My first day back on my own after 2.5 half weeks of not being in routine. I was so far behind I was told to start my metro .5hrs later. Well before completing my first metro I entered how many packages I picked up. My next pick up is about half a mile away. But during my first pick up, I must have mistakenly hit enter on the diad for my 2nd pick up. So with my 2nd metro not on my board i went on to continue to my 3rd pick up with out realizing that I had entered 0 for my second stop. This is what I was told I was fired for.

Now yesterday and today I was told that I did not have a route assignment. I was told I could go drive for another center today. About an hour away from my current center. I called my union steward to find out if he was aware of any less seniority drivers who had a route assignment the day before and today. It turns out 7 drivers the day b4 and 8 drivers today had route assignments who held less seniority than me. So I get a phone call to come in that they now have a route for me. I come in to see a note on my diad to see the Hub manager and to bring a steward. I'm asked about my pick up and i told him I don't recall stopping there. He ask me why I didn't feel the need to stop there. I told him I didn't realize I entered 0 for my 2nd metro. And when I returned to my truck before I left my 1st metro stop I looked on my board and just seen my next 3-4 metro stops and figured that my 2nd metro hadn't paid there bill so there pick ups were temporarily suspended. I'm new I didn't realize how big of a mistake I had just made. But I can't believe this is a fireable offense. I mean I feel like this is a bit harsh. I'm in awed at the fact that I'm a rookie who made a rookie mistake and I was terminated for it. I'm just curious is this a typically how ups operates?? What are my chances of getting my job back? Also when I have my hearing what are the chances that I will get back pay?

Also as a side note I found out that they had no driver to take my truck out. So my truck sat there with all the packages on it not one delivered. I was told from a friend in the office that a lady had to call each customer to let them know they would not be getting their packages today due to they had no driver..

Was that a bad move on the Hub manager? For firing me for such a petty reason? And then having my truck sit there with out any of my packages to be delivered?? If I get my job back I feel like there will be futher retaliation because I'm sure the hub manager will have to answer to somebody as in why my truck sat there with out any customer packages being delivered..

Keep in mind their are 3 sides to every store my side their side and the truth. I did my best to explain my side. If I could get any input positive or negative i would sincerely appreciate it.

#ConfusedTeamster
Are you back to work yet typicallly it takes a few days but if they wanted to be jerks they could sit you out 3 to4 weeks ..You did go to union hall and file a grievance on the day you were fired I hope. And never sign your resignation if they ask you to NEVER! You will be back. Not cardinal sin

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not cardinal sin

It is in the Central.

His DIAD says he went to a pick up account, entered 0 for packages and completed the stop.

Yet he never went there. Article 17a. Cardinal sin

Now, do I believe his story?

Do you know how many of these stories I have heard, had to defend in a hearing, when suddenly the grievant admitted that it was not a mistake, that he screwed up?

I actually believe him, but UPS sees it as dishonesty, saying he completed a pick up when he actually didn't.

I agree that he should be back with 2 to 3 weeks off to think about it.

Last edited:

Over disciplined0123

It is in the Central.

His DIAD says he went to a pick up account, entered 0 for packages and completed the stop.

Yet he never went there. Article 17A. Cardinal sin

Now, do I believe his story?

Do you know how many of these stories I have heard, had to defend in a hearing, when suddenly the grievant admitted that it was not a mistake, that he screwed up?

I actually believe him, but UPS sees it as dishonesty, saying he completed a pick up when he actually didn't.

I agree that he should be back with 2 to 3 weeks off to think about it.
Also a past steward Let’s measure width of his fingers I have fat fingers and always press wrong button on accident like a dr instead of porch 6 I hit side door 9 right below the 6. Also I have made number count presses accidentally instead of picking up 1 box that was a air package it would be in board as 11 packages picked up. Face it we all do it. It all depends on who is looking and why I would say on any given day they could fire 10 drivers or more a day from Miss entrys on diad accidentally....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Also a past steward Let’s measure width of his fingers I have fat fingers and always press wrong button on accident like a dr instead of porch 6 I hit side door 9 right below the 6. Also I have made number count presses accidentally instead of picking up 1 box that was a air package it would be in board as 11 packages picked up. Face it we all do it. It all depends on who is looking and why I would say on any given day they could fire 10 drivers or more a day from Miss entrys on diad accidentally....

I agree. I have done it also.

Let me take that back. I have never done what the OP did

I have never completed a pick up without going there.

Not many, if any, have done this.

If he put in 0 pieces instead of 50, he would still be working.

Over disciplined0123

Remember ups is all about numbers the center has so much money alloted per day . That determines how many routes are run plan days. Overtime costs And god forbid a accident or injury that day costs the center 75grand for even a reported minor injury and tier 1 2 or 3 accident charges center up to 300 grand. These managers want their bonuses and stock shares and if they don’t keep costs down they don’t get. So mabey there was a injury the day before well someone has to get fired to balance the costs. I been here a long time and learned a lot of things that just make me realize we are not employees with names. We are just numbers so call yourself whatever your employee ID number is from now on And it’s not just ups is corporate America . UPS just has it down to a science and obviously mastered it

Over disciplined0123

I agree. I have done it also.

Let me take that back. I have never done what the OP did

I have never completed a pick up without going there.

Not many, if any, have done this.

If he put in 0 pieces instead of 50, he would still be working.
So say you were making a delivery and they said hey we won’t have anything today for a pickup . What do you do

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Remember ups is all about numbers the center has so much money alloted per day . That determines how many routes are run plan days. Overtime costs And god forbid a accident or injury that day costs the center 75grand for even a reported minor injury and tier 1 2 or 3 accident charges center up to 300 grand. These managers want their bonuses and stock shares and if they don’t keep costs down they don’t get. So mabey there was a injury the day before well someone has to get fired to balance the costs. I been here a long time and learned a lot of things that just make me realize we are not employees with names. We are just numbers so call yourself whatever your employee ID number is from now on And it’s not just ups is corporate America . UPS just has it down to a science and obviously mastered it

No argument from me.

But this story is fishy. Fired for an accident he didn't have.

Then fired for a missed pickup his DIAD says he made.

There is more to the story why he was fired.