Terminated for fraudulent documentation

Rack em

Made the Podium
My boss told me that as long as I signed my own name, I would not have a problem. It is also very doubtful that 1 of my relatives would call anyone to complain about it.
That's why I don't see how they could fire someone for signing their own name since it isn't a cardinal sin? They could use progressive discipline I guess for failing to follow methods?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today I was on a route and delivered to my nephew and saw 2 of my sister in laws. They all keep their houses unlocked, it is not a problem for me to walk in, leave a box on their kitchen table and sign my own name for it.
I understand. Personally for me anyone other than my parents maybe would have to drive to the center and pick it up or make sure they were home lol

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Falsifying documents is consider dishonesty and a cardinal sin

You're not falsifying documents. No cardinal sin

1. You are making yourself liable for the packages if there is a claim on them.

2. You are opening yourself up for progressive discipline for failing to follow methods.

Now, if you signed someone else's name....bye bye

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today I was on a route and delivered to my nephew and saw 2 of my sister in laws. They all keep their houses unlocked, it is not a problem for me to walk in, leave a box on their kitchen table and sign my own name for it.

When I had my country run that is exactly what I would do.

Won't do it on my city run.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If package is signature required driver can't release without signature. I don't think electronic signature will work either in this case.

You just beat me to it.

I was about to ask @UpstateNYUPSer what he thought "signature required" actually meant.

But, as he himself has pointed out in the past, he feels that he doesn't have to follow all the rules in all situations.