Terminated for fraudulent documentation

oldngray

nowhere special
That's why I think you're full of it. You're just sitting back and letting it play out. You either have terrible representation (who you can send my way please) or you're missing a key part of this whole story. The latter of which I find more likely.

Nobody terminates a 60 day newbie just because he accidentally stop completed a PU.

Everyone has fat thumbed a DIAD and hit stop complete by accident. Doesn't mean you didn't make the pickup. Just means you have to open it back up when you actually make the pickup.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I Was in that area but I never turned into the dead end street like they claim i did. I told them to look at where I scanned the package. They told me they couldn't because the GPS on my diad was down as well that day. So no gps on my truck and no gps on my diad for the entire day. But it worked the day before and the day after.

BS

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My sup says its a lot easier to defend something, when he knows something has happened. Lol
And that's exactly it. Guys wonder why I may be a little frustrated in the morning, I just don't like surprises. When I come in and look at my 987 reports and find 20 things that are goofy, after I saw every driver punch out the night before, I'm a little perplexed.

oldngray

nowhere special
Of course there are always the problem customers who will call and claim you missed a pickup even if you didn't just because they want you to go back. One of the situations where telematics is on your side to prove you were there.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Of course there are always the problem customers who will call and claim you missed a pickup even if you didn't just because they want you to go back. One of the situations where telematics is on your side to prove you were there.
I love when I get those and I'm like "Well he picked up 78 pieces from you 20 minutes ago, so I know he was there."

I'll back my guys up 100%, what I don't like is when people get sneaky, and that's the vibe I get from OP.

oldngray

nowhere special
I love when I get those and I'm like "Well he picked up 78 pieces from you 20 minutes ago, so I know he was there."

I'll back my guys up 100%, what I don't like is when people get sneaky, and that's the vibe I get from OP.

Usually that is when someone in the front office sends something to the shipping dept at the last minute.

I didn't mind going back for most customers but not the ones who lie.

Ms.PacMan

No I told my manager I accidentally stop completed it. But I'm telling everyone here that I know we have all missed a pick up. I know service is key. I just would have never thought a mistake like that could cost me my job.

Quit saying we have all missed a pickup. No one I know has ever missed a pickup. Overlook a package, maybe, but skipping it altogether - no.

None of the excuses your parents, teachers, past employers accepted will fly at UPS. I'm telling you right now they will beat you until you grow up or they will keep firing you and get something to stick...it's your choice.

Mgmt doesn't want to babysit you and drivers don't want to pick up your slack. Service is not a race to the bottom between you and other drivers. And if you are running your mouth at work saying things like, everyone does this and that person does that, etc, you are going to lose respect and be disliked by other drivers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Quit saying we have all missed a pickup. No one I know has ever missed a pickup. Overlook a package, maybe, but skipping it altogether - no.

None of the excuses your parents, teachers, past employers accepted will fly at UPS. I'm telling you right now they will beat you until you grow up or they will keep firing you and get something to stick...it's your choice.

Mgmt doesn't want to babysit you and drivers don't want to pick up your slack. Service is not a race to the bottom between you and other drivers. And if you are running your mouth at work saying things like, everyone does this and that person does that, etc, you are going to lose respect and be disliked by other drivers.

About the only times I knew of people missing pickups were with on route pickups and the delivery work in that area was moved to another driver and there was confusion about who was making the pickup.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just like we have drivers that won't say anything until 10:25 that they are going to have late air.
I ask all my guys who may be a little heavy on air if there may be any issues. I can piece a plan B together at 900, you're just doing it to screw me at 1025.