Termination for Off the Clock Harassment

People just don't get fired for swearing at another person. Based on the book you wrote, I would be willing to bet there is obviously another side of the story. One which, we are not hearing, but whatever. You can be fired for gross insubordination. So what was the real reason they fired you? They would have said something like policy violation, workplace violence, gross insubordination...something.

The suspension is, and will remain a permanent part of your employment file nothing you can do.
Nope. "Off the clock harassment" and I didn't leave anything out. Trust me, I got a lot of attitude and I know when I am the issue and I own up to it. I've been apologizing for it my whole life. This was actually not one of those times. I was mad in general, uninvolved guy got involved, I got fired for cussing and claiming freedom of speech. As if me claiming it insinuated that I had plans to torment him with my words to death or some other nonsense

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Nope. "Off the clock harassment" and I didn't leave anything out. Trust me, I got a lot of attitude and I know when I am the issue and I own up to it. I've been apologizing for it my whole life. This was actually not one of those times. I was mad in general, uninvolved guy got involved, I got fired for cussing and claiming freedom of speech. As if me claiming it insinuated that I had plans to torment him with my words to death or some other nonsense

Ok, how do you get charged with off the clock harassment? Were you punched in or out?

Ok, how do you get charged with off the clock harassment? Were you punched in or out?
I was "on the clock" but we registered our hours by writing on a piece of paper because it was the first day that the center was open so i wasn't technically electronically punched in. But I was at work and working before it happened. I had already logged into computers for DAs and stuff

W

What The Hawk?

I can actually understand why the manager was angry. We have this chick at my center who CRIED after day 3 of loading because she couldn't/didn't want to lift heavy packages, and now she does sure post and clerking, and she's only been there for 6 months. It angers me that they literally aid her and give her the easiest jobs at the center. They took a woman who has been working at UPS for 12 YEARS and removed her from clerking so this delicate flower wouldn't cry. Everyone else I've seen who can't load, ends up on the front end..and if you don't cut it there..you're gone. I'm working with a bent finger and still manage to pick up :censored2: over 100lbs.

I'm still reading you're post..so bear with me.

bbsam

Staff member
I can actually understand why the manager was angry. We have this chick at my center who CRIED after day 3 of loading because she couldn't/didn't want to lift heavy packages, and now she does sure post and clerking, and she's only been there for 6 months. It angers me that they literally aid her and give her the easiest jobs at the center. They took a woman who has been working at UPS for 12 YEARS and removed her from clerking so this delicate flower wouldn't cry. Everyone else I've seen who can't load, ends up on the front end..and if you don't cut it there..you're gone. I'm working with a bent finger and still manage to pick up :censored2: over 100lbs.

A bent finger and 100lbs?!?!

Stud.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Never Needed it before. Never had any issues with management. And I figured I'd be able to get a hard copy. I'm extra like that.

You always needed it just haven't used it. Now you have it so there are no excuses.

I was "on the clock" but we registered our hours by writing on a piece of paper because it was the first day that the center was open so i wasn't technically electronically punched in. But I was at work and working before it happened. I had already logged into computers for DAs and stuff

That and the whole story makes no sense but ok. I would have asked my steward how I was getting fired while on the clock for "off the clock" harassment. That's just me though...

W

What The Hawk?

A bent finger and 100lbs?!?!

Stud.
Hurts like a bitch. LOL I had surgery on it, but it's still healing. Doesn't hurt all the time but when it does...oohhh. I have a permanent volcon hand now.

I can load. I never said I couldn't. I just said that I would stop the belt any time an over 70 came my way. They honestly could have just put me at the end of the belt and boom. I'd be on rollers and not messing up the people around me without a leg to stand on. but instead he got butt hurt that I would even dare predict turning off the belt vs committing to keeping it on at all costs and was oblivious to the fact that I have the paper trail to support me when I put my permanent wrist injury first. So he just started off being mad at me instead of getting facts. And I work my ass off. I don't pussyfoot around. If I don't have anything to do, I'm helping the people around me in their sections, including unloading trailers, loading trucks, dumping bags. I'm not crippled or disabled but if I have a bad wrist day and I'm on the load line, I am a liability and that's all I was trying to warn him and he got pissed and brought a witness with him to yell at me even though I had never spoke to him on the subject before and he was basing his judgement on word of mouth from the previous day which was a joke of a conversation between me and a supervisor.

You always needed it just haven't used it. Now you have it so there are no excuses.

That and the whole story makes no sense but ok. I would have asked my steward how I was getting fired while on the clock for "off the clock" harassment. That's just me though...
Yeah I've asked lots of people and no one has any answers for me. They just keep telling me that it's valid and I have to move on. and that's annoying.