Termination Question

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And if an issue like that could vary from one local to another, wouldn't it be possible (albeit unlikely) that some locals have a practice such that stewards are to be automatically provided without needing to be asked for?

Yep.

Anytime a form of discipline is rendered (contemplated) by the company....

In my Local, a Steward is involved.

Period. End of story.

-Bug-

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Today I Was Terminated After Working As A Driver From Oct 31 Of 2016. In the month of Jan I got into my 2nd accident when I backed my package car out of a dead end which had a shed that I made contact with I then inspected the package car and shed which had no type of damage I then left the scene without contacting my supervisor because I thought that there was no need because there was no type of damage. Today I was informed that I was being terminated because they thought that I was trying to conceal an accident. I explained to them there was no damage to both the shed or the package car but I still got terminated no warning letter nttn. Do I have a case here?.
If you've basically been doing a good job and they are happy with your performance outside of the accidents then you'll get your job back. If they've been looking for a reason to get rid you of then it's gonna be an uphill battle. If you do get your job back slow down and stop hitting things.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Today I Was Terminated After Working As A Driver From Oct 31 Of 2016. In the month of Jan I got into my 2nd accident when I backed my package car out of a dead end which had a shed that I made contact with I then inspected the package car and shed which had no type of damage I then left the scene without contacting my supervisor because I thought that there was no need because there was no type of damage. Today I was informed that I was being terminated because they thought that I was trying to conceal an accident. I explained to them there was no damage to both the shed or the package car but I still got terminated no warning letter nttn. Do I have a case here?.

Stick to your schooling, driving doesn't seem to be your thing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Now,

Wait for it....
a38.gif

DamnIt!

I've seen guys who hit something and not realize it and or thought it was ok because of no damage and get their job back.... Btw, you look like a young mc hammer, just need the glasses...no joke. Just contact your union rep, all will be ok ... Peace out brother.
Thanks a lot bro any advise?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know that it's bad but I was specially told that u can get up to 2 accident but the third is called for termination and the found out because to owner of the shed notified my manager

You weren't fired because you had your 2nd accident, you were fired for an unreported accident.

so I have no chance even if I contact my union rep?

You have a chance, especially if you can convince them that you truly believed that there was no damage.

I have seen many drivers re-instated after having been fired for an unreported accident.

Each case is different though.

Anytime a form of discipline is rendered (contemplated) by the company....

In my Local, a Steward is involved.

Period. End of story.

Same here.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Suppose the discussion took place after the FT steward had already gone home and the PT metro steward had the day off. Would the discipline be postponed until the following morning?

There was a witness present for the termination-----wouldn't that suffice?

From an accident that happened a couple of days beforehand? Why the rush. I have doubts about the validity of the OP story as it is

10 Pt

Our language reads "when the company reasonably contemplates discipline" they have to have a steward present. They could've done it in the morning the next day after the pcm when there was a steward present.
What was your other accident details?

10 Pt

Do you now know that the company is concerned about putting you back on the road and why?