Termination

quad decade guy

I had a long tree lined "driveway" that a P1000 wouldn't get under....literally. I had to walk. Always an NDA(meds). That stop took about 20 minutes. Not sure how long(the driveway) it was....but about 20 minutes. The dominoes fell after. Instantly behind all day. Mgt: shrug. But I did make the least best(over-allowed) report everyday....which led to intent to terminate......until that mgt team rotated out. Absolutely true.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had a long tree lined "driveway" that a P1000 wouldn't get under....literally. I had to walk. Always an NDA(meds). That stop took about 20 minutes. Not sure how long(the driveway) it was....but about 20 minutes. The dominoes fell after. Instantly behind all day. Mgt: shrug. But I did make the least best(over-allowed) report everyday....which led to intent to terminate......until that mgt team rotated out. Absolutely true.
Chuckle

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I ran over a dog once. He would chase every vehicle that came down that road. He came out of his yard and ran right under my front tire. Evidently everyone in the neighborhood hated that dog because I became a hero around there.
I told a supervisor when I got in and that was the last I heard of that but that was 20+ years ago when UPS was a bit different than it is now.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

Are FT drivers allowed to even pull up on a driveway?
There are driveways and there are “private roads”. I drive down many “private roads”. If I didn’t I’d still be delivering yesterdays route….

Unless OP has string of other crashes they can’t term for this single incident. But UPS loves to hand out terminations just to keep everyone worried… Let me guess they are not terminating for the crash but rather claiming dishonesty for not reporting it. Just keep sticking to your honest account of what happened.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Quick poll-- How many BC members have been "fired" during their time at UPS ?
In my 39 years , I was fired 4 times and threaten to be fired too many times to count.

AKCoverMan

Hitting a dog on their property in their driveway and not reporting it is bad. In the street no problem.
But did he know? He eyeballed both dogs before driving away. If it’s a back tire strike and not full tire rolling over poor dog very plausible that driver had no idea it happened.

They have to prove he knew to prove dishonest….if video showed him stopping after dog strike and going to look then high tailing it out of there he be dead in water. But otherwise there is reasonable doubt that the driver knew sbout dog strike.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
WoW!!!!!!…..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my 39 years , I was fired 4 times and threaten to be fired too many times to count.
Fired twice. Once a little time off. Once a 3 day weekend.

Couple more times I was told if I walked out the door or punched out I was fired. Nothing ever happened.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was fired by my center manager during the One Day Strike in 1994,and called up by the same center manager the next morning demanding to know why in the hell i wasnt at work,and threatened with a Termination for No Call No Show. I got a many many Warning Letters, and was threatened with termination at least 50 times over my big mouth. Heck I was even given an Intent to Suspend for singing Happy Birthday to a coworker before the PCM. I still laugh over filing a grievance with the words "Happy Birthday" written several times.