Termination

UPS087

Hello, so I’m currently terminated from UPS after being loyal to the company for close to 10 years. Here is why (still fighting)

I delivered a package to a house with a longer driveway that had a circle drive. While pulling in a noticed two dogs running along side of the truck but nothing concerning. Proceeded to make the delivery. Closed both doors and windows (raining and cold that day). As I look in my left mirror I see one dog by my back rear driver side wheel but not too close to truck. Look in my left and see the other dog by garage. I take off and proceeded to my next delivery.

Two days later I get a call saying they are taking me out of service because I hit a dog and there is video proof of it. So they pull me off route at 2pm and tell me to talk to union rep. I didn’t sign anything or nor did they say I was terminated.

Fast forward the following week (last week) for the hearing and they had their minds up before the hearing even started. Everything I said or my union rep said they were not buying. (In the video when I start to pull off, the dog that was on my left rear sneaks up all the way around my front left tire, never making contact with it and that’s when it gets hung up and choked under the truck and then at the end you see the dog laying at the end of the driveway).

I will be traveling 5 hours to my next hearing to fight for my job but it’s pretty self explanatory and the video speaks for itself.

What do y’all think? Please be positive as possible as im still shook from the whole thing. (I’m a dog lover)

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for
Hello, so I’m currently terminated from UPS after being loyal to the company for close to 10 years. Here is why (still fighting)

I delivered a package to a house with a longer driveway that had a circle drive. While pulling in a noticed two dogs running along side of the truck but nothing concerning. Proceeded to make the delivery. Closed both doors and windows (raining and cold that day). As I look in my left mirror I see one dog by my back rear driver side wheel but not too close to truck. Look in my left and see the other dog by garage. I take off and proceeded to my next delivery.

Two days later I get a call saying they are taking me out of service because I hit a dog and there is video proof of it. So they pull me off route at 2pm and tell me to talk to union rep. I didn’t sign anything or nor did they say I was terminated.

Fast forward the following week (last week) for the hearing and they had their minds up before the hearing even started. Everything I said or my union rep said they were not buying. (In the video when I start to pull off, the dog that was on my left rear sneaks up all the way around my front left tire, never making contact with it and that’s when it gets hung up and choked under the truck and then at the end you see the dog laying at the end of the driveway).

I will be traveling 5 hours to my next hearing to fight for my job but it’s pretty self explanatory and the video speaks for itself.

What do y’all think? Please be positive as possible as im still shook from the whole thing. (I’m a dog lover)

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for this.
Update: Immmm Backkkk

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Driver: (text to OMS) I have dog(s) running free near my package car. This could turn precipitous any moment.
I'm afraid to move. What should I do?

OMS: Crickets........
I’d go out on stress. The mere sight of a dog triggers me. Lol.

Precipitously helping?

RMR46

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for this.
Just get your job back and don't worry about back pain you'll make it up

Steamer

Terminated!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 58