Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

moreluck

golden ticket member
A small Texas town....I would think someone would carry there. Just a thought.

A lady that was interviewed said "We don't even lock our doors at night." She said her car was in the parking lot with the keys in it.

An ex-secret service guy said regrettably, a church is a good place to kill a lot of people. It has a back entrance and that's where people would flee to get out. The front is where the officiate is and where the service takes place.

dudebro

Of a sort?

It's terrorism or it isn't.

Unless...
Everyone knows where you're going with that. The LV guy had no political motive (that we know of right now) so, not terrorism. The guy in NY had an ISIS flag. Terrorism. We don't know anything about this yet.

It will be fine

Terrorism may have a legal definition, but the word is also used subjectively. Did the people in the church feel terrorized? I'd bet they did, so you can call it terrorism if you want. But "The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as 'the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives'"
Without knowing the motives of the gunman, it's hard to say whether this meets the definition. The definition seems vague enough that almost any action could be considered terrorism. It certainly falls under the category of mass shooting. And I believe mass shootings would be much fewer and further between if we eliminated gun free zones. Not that the church was necessarily a gun free zone, but it might have been a target because the likelihood that the congregation would be unarmed.
Good call, the solution is always more guns. A bunch of people shooting back would always be better. What could go wrong?

BrownArmy

Everyone knows where you're going with that. The LV guy had no political motive (that we know of right now) so, not terrorism. The guy in NY had an ISIS flag. Terrorism. We don't know anything about this yet.

Not my point.

If it inflicts this much damage, why isn't it terrorism?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Coming to a conclusion before all the facts are out. Maybe it was just a guy with mental health issues.

BrownArmy

Terrorism requires a political motive. There has been no information about what the motive was yet.

K. We need a new category.

"White guy kills multiple people".

Obviously not terrorism, the guy was white, and not involved with Muslims.

ONG, please kill yourself, we'll call it a 'White lives Matter' situation gone wrong.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ask Obama ... he will tell you it definitely was not terrorism.

Obama couldn't even bring himself to call the Ft Hood shooting a terrorist act. SMH

Coincidentally today is the anniversary of the Ft Hood shooting. Nothing said about any connection yet but it is a possibility.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Good call, the solution is always more guns. A bunch of people shooting back would always be better. What could go wrong?
Not saying it's a perfect solution, but if you wanted to shoot as many people as possible do you walk into a police station and open fire? Or do you walk into a school? People are so concerned about the "evil" of guns that they ignore the realities of these situations.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The current toll is 27 dead and 20 wounded. A concealed carrier could have certainly stopped the carnage before it got to this point. People who mass murder are cowards. They go where they figure they will encounter the least resistance. I don't go *anywhere* without being armed. This was a small town of 400 residents where people didn't even lock their doors, to quote one of the bystanders.

oldngray

nowhere special
K. We need a new category.

"White guy kills multiple people".

Obviously not terrorism, the guy was white, and not involved with Muslims.

ONG, please kill yourself, we'll call it a 'White lives Matter' situation gone wrong.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I have no idea what race this shooter was. Makes no difference.

Unless you are looking for an excuse to play the race card.

bbsam

Staff member
Ask Obama ... he will tell you it definitely was not terrorism.

Obama couldn't even bring himself to call the Ft Hood shooting a terrorist act. SMH
I don't even know that it matters. I'm curious about the technical definition.

Fact is, dead is dead.

Not sure what Obama has to do with it except for your intellectual insecurities.