Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

MAKAVELI

Not 'liberal butt hurt' kid, just truth.

Evidently you're completely fine with the status quo.

If you are, great.

I blanked out guys like you in my post, i.e. guys like you get to keep your toys...

You get to keep your toys, the mass-shootings keep happening, and no amount of you beating your chest about the 2nd Amendment will change that.

That was my point.

What's your solution?

More people with guns? Like the OK Corral?

I don't think you have a solution.
There's already as many guns as there are people in this country. We don't suffer from a lack of guns in this country but we do suffer from a culture of violence and a fascination of guns.
America’s unique gun violence problem, explained in 17 maps and charts

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
nothing like a little return fire to get your mind right
Since this happened about 200 miles from my home, the local news lead with the latest every newscast. Today, it came out that the guy who chased and shot the murderer was a former NRA instructor. He hit him 2 times. The bad guy dropped the gun he was using and fled in his car. After crashing his SUV in a ditch, the coward then ended his own life with a bullet to the head.

BrownArmy

You don't either and banning guns ain't one of them.

I assume you're responding to me.

There are a range of solutions.

Let's kick aside the 'banning guns' range of options, which we (I assume) would both agree are meaningless.

If it really is a mental health issue, than instead of paying lip-service every time there's a mass-shooting, why don't we GET REAL about mental health treatment.

On a side note, it's mental health treatment that will get us out of the opioid crisis.

Banning guns won't stop mass shootings anymore than banning heroin will stop an opioid crisis that was exacerbated by doctors handing out oxy-whatever by the handful.

So, one solution would be to get serious about health care, and mental health care in particular.

I enjoy tools, I'm a tool-user. Personally, I enjoy modern versions of 18th century woodworking tools.

A gun is a tool, just like a hand-plane.

I'm on woodworking forums, and it's not uncommon to find crossover with gun-forum folks (gun scales, finishing techniques, etc.). As a tool-user, it's fascinating.

Personally, I have no utility for any gun. I don't feel like I need a gun, I've shot guns before and I simply don't care for them one way or another. I have enough hobbies.

Having said that, if someone wants to explore the 'tool' world of guns, great, knock yourself out. As well, if someone legitimately feels unsafe and thinks a gun will change that, great.

That's not the point, is it?

There is a mass-shooting problem in this country, and every time, all I hear from gun-enthusiasts is '2nd Amendment' and 'Assault-weapon is a made-up term by the liberals!!!' etc.

Um, ok.

My point before was, if we're not going to realistically address the problem, then we should all just STFU.

bbsam

Staff member
In my opinion this makes perfect sense for conceal carry... Protection. The problem isn't with guns; it is with the mental health issues and those need to be addressed.

I'll bet everyone in that church owns a gun or one of their family members or friend does. I'll even go so far as to say that most if not all the those affected by this personally wouldn't change a damn thing about gun laws and only wished they had a their gun in church that day so they had a :censored2:ing chance.

Also, guns don't kill people, people kill people with guns, knives, bombs, cars and by whatever means they decide.

Oh, and I've never owned a gun. :teethy:
But the same side pointing at mental health cuts mental health funding.

bbsam

Staff member
Not 'liberal butt hurt' kid, just truth.

Evidently you're completely fine with the status quo.

If you are, great.

I blanked out guys like you in my post, i.e. guys like you get to keep your toys...

You get to keep your toys, the mass-shootings keep happening, and no amount of you beating your chest about the 2nd Amendment will change that.

That was my point.

What's your solution?

More people with guns? Like the OK Corral?

Maybe they don't see a problem.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

There's not a "one size fits all" type of solution that is not going to infringe

on lawful, law abiding citizens.

I assume you're responding to me.

There are a range of solutions.

Let's kick aside the 'banning guns' range of options, which we (I assume) would both agree are meaningless.

If it really is a mental health issue, than instead of paying lip-service every time there's a mass-shooting, why don't we GET REAL about mental health treatment.

On a side note, it's mental health treatment that will get us out of the opioid crisis.

Banning guns won't stop mass shootings anymore than banning heroin will stop an opioid crisis that was exacerbated by doctors handing out oxy-whatever by the handful.

So, one solution would be to get serious about health care, and mental health care in particular.

I enjoy tools, I'm a tool-user. Personally, I enjoy modern versions of 18th century woodworking tools.

A gun is a tool, just like a hand-plane.

I'm on woodworking forums, and it's not uncommon to find crossover with gun-forum folks (gun scales, finishing techniques, etc.). As a tool-user, it's fascinating.

Personally, I have no utility for any gun. I don't feel like I need a gun, I've shot guns before and I simply don't care for them one way or another. I have enough hobbies.

Having said that, if someone wants to explore the 'tool' world of guns, great, knock yourself out. As well, if someone legitimately feels unsafe and thinks a gun will change that, great.

That's not the point, is it?

There is a mass-shooting problem in this country, and every time, all I hear from gun-enthusiasts is '2nd Amendment' and 'Assault-weapon is a made-up term by the liberals!!!' etc.

Um, ok.

My point before was, if we're not going to realistically address the problem, then we should all just STFU.

I can understand and respect this post for several reasons.

Firearms are most defiantly a tool. They are a tool, to stop someone from imposing

their will upon me. That's what the founders of our country understood.

After all.... they had just fought a war with the British, just for this vary reason.

I respect anyones right to choose.... whether they want to take the responsibly of

protecting themselves and their families, or relying on the police to do it.

(BTW the police have no obligation to protect you, only the population in general)

We don't suffer from a lack of guns in this country but we do suffer from a culture of violence and a fascination of guns.

Ironic.... considering your avatar.

Comparing the United States to other countries ?

The United States doesn't even crack the top 25 list, for countries in the world

with the highest murder rate. Yet.... our neighbors to the south, are #20.

Maybe they don't see a problem.

Where would I start ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Supposedly this guy wouldn't have been able to buy a gun if the Air Force person had done his/her job. We don't need new laws, just enforce 100% the laws we already have. Applies to immigration too!

MAKAVELI

There's not a "one size fits all" type of solution that is not going to infringe

on lawful, law abiding citizens.

I can understand and respect this post for several reasons.

Firearms are most defiantly a tool. They are a tool, to stop someone from imposing

their will upon me. That's what the founders of our country understood.

After all.... they had just fought a war with the British, just for this vary reason.

I respect anyones right to choose.... whether they want to take the responsibly of

protecting themselves and their families, or relying on the police to do it.

(BTW the police have no obligation to protect you, only the population in general)

Ironic.... considering your avatar.

Comparing the United States to other countries ?

The United States doesn't even crack the top 25 list, for countries in the world

with the highest murder rate. Yet.... our neighbors to the south, are #20.

Where would I start ?
Not ironic at all. Just a product of his environment and the violent culture Americans seem to be so fascinated with.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not ironic at all. Just a product of his environment and the violent culture Americans seem to be so fascinated with.

Isn't that "just deserts" ?

You live by the sword.... You die by the sword ?

When you say Americans are fascinated by the violent culture....

Does that include, a father and mother that take their children to church ?

And participate in their schooling, with trying to instill a moral fiber ?

bbsam

Staff member

Yes. All that is included.

MAKAVELI

Everyone is guilty of the obsession of violence until it hits close to home.