Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

bbsam

Staff member
Good comeback when you have no real answer.
Actually answered it previously.

Do you really think God should end all pain and suffering?

Are these tragedies God's fault?

Are they proof God doesn't exist?

You're right. I don't have what you would consider real answers. But then I don't really understand the question you are trying to ask.

over9five

Staff member
There was a restaurant directly across the street from the church. Who is to say he wasn't heading there when he was confronted by a citizen with a weapon? He had 2 more guns in his vehicle, and the police still weren't on the scene.
Thats what I'm saying. Who can say how many lives were saved that day by the armed citizen.

Sportello

Thats what I'm saying. Who can say how many lives were saved that day by the armed citizen.
I can make up a story, too.

I’m going to guess that the Ruger was cooked, which is why he dumped it.

He was running to his vehicle which had two pistols, a Glock 9 and a 22 of some sort. The neighbor shot him before he got to his vehicle.

He was done killing unless he hit somebody with his car.

A vigilante may have prevented us from never knowing what tripped the shooter.

American justice.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They do openly carry. Trust me if something like this happened and the people I know who carry openly were there with their guns they would kill innocent people by mistake.
As opposed to the one intentionally killing innocent people. If it's not a gun, it's a bomb, if it's not a bomb, it's a knife. A knife wielding maniac can't kill as many people as easily. So? Are two or three deaths less tragic than 20? Why? If it's not a knife it's a vehicle. And so on and so on.

Also, stats about gun deaths are not very telling in the over-all picture. There's no way to determine the number of crimes that have been deterred by guns. And stack the number of gun related deaths against another cause, such as vehicle deaths. Why are the same people who try to eliminate guns not also trying to do away with vehicles? They are far more deadly.
Your chance of having an impact on overthrowing the government is 0% it's not happening. The US government does not fear it's well armed populace. Get rid of the guns and you get rid of the need for guns.
And finally, not trying to overthrow the government, so you can keep your straw men to yourself. If I needed to be able to defend myself from a tyrannical government, I would like to be able to give it my best shot.

It will be fine

As opposed to the one intentionally killing innocent people. If it's not a gun, it's a bomb, if it's not a bomb, it's a knife. A knife wielding maniac can't kill as many people as easily. So? Are two or three deaths less tragic than 20? Why? If it's not a knife it's a vehicle. And so on and so on.

Also, stats about gun deaths are not very telling in the over-all picture. There's no way to determine the number of crimes that have been deterred by guns. And stack the number of gun related deaths against another cause, such as vehicle deaths. Why are the same people who try to eliminate guns not also trying to do away with vehicles? They are far more deadly.

And finally, not trying to overthrow the government, so you can keep your straw men to yourself. If I needed to be able to defend myself from a tyrannical government, I would like to be able to give it my best shot.
Vehicles are necessary for commerce. Guns aren't. That's the difference.