Terrorists

rickyb

Happens all the time. America goes in, liberates oppressed people provides education, medications, law and investors. People begin crying when some bad eggs get cracked or a little collateral damage happens.
Maybe cry that uneducated unskilled workers who came from a culture of no jobs, very few opportunities for advancement and next to no infrastructure get paid far less than we do when factories get built, roads get paved, energy provided, security to maintain it, need for higher educated employees begin, economy starts to boom, people have a future.

America is so bad and colonialism is so terrible. Why can’t the Afghans go back to burning widows alive and living in huts made of feces?
im a little disappointed in what i just read. i thought you understood the american empire better

rickyb

I can’t wait to see @rickyb be dragged out of his family’s Canadian mansion to go live and work on a collective farm or factory floor if the big bad US goes down and his preferred countries take over the world. Reality will really set in when his town car and personal helicopter are seized by the state.
i dont drive a lincoln town car. i drive a subcompact import.

it will probably be china. not sure if they are more violent than america. they will be the last empire the way we are going as a species

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i dont drive a lincoln town car. i drive a subcompact import.

it will probably be china. not sure if they are more violent than america. they will be the last empire the way we are going as a species
OMG! I just realized that you understand the rest of us are superior to you ... what you believe is that the human species will devolve into a new species with attributes and inherited lack of goals and hope.
Damned! We are headed towards extinction.

vantexan

Happens all the time. America goes in, liberates oppressed people provides education, medications, law and investors. People begin crying when some bad eggs get cracked or a little collateral damage happens.
Maybe cry that uneducated unskilled workers who came from a culture of no jobs, very few opportunities for advancement and next to no infrastructure get paid far less than we do when factories get built, roads get paved, energy provided, security to maintain it, need for higher educated employees begin, economy starts to boom, people have a future.

America is so bad and colonialism is so terrible. Why can’t the Afghans go back to burning widows alive and living in huts made of feces?
But where is America practicing colonialism? Where are the hordes of Americans supported by troops coming in and taking over everything? Having locals serve them? We aren't and never were the British Empire. Literally everything Ricky says is off base and he has no clue, just takes what others say as fact when they're just haters.

rickyb

But where is America practicing colonialism? Where are the hordes of Americans supported by troops coming in and taking over everything? Having locals serve them? We aren't and never were the British Empire. Literally everything Ricky says is off base and he has no clue, just takes what others say as fact when they're just haters.
you are the biggest empire in history, and i will list off countries in a few weeks when i have time to research. you can easily generalize and use whole continents to describe US empire, so middle east, latin america, africa, asia, etc.

rickyb

Would you prefer that the US or China be the dominant world superpower going forward?
not sure. i expect similar results but i dont know. how about no empire? US govt is terribly corrupt, nothing works, and america keeps getting weaker isnt china doing better mitigating global warming than US?

Box Ox

not sure. i expect similar results but i dont know. how about no empire?

Not happening. Would you rather live under the rule of the Communist Party of China or the US government? Any reasons you can think of as to why you might be better off under the rule of the Communist Party of China?

vantexan

you are the biggest empire in history, and i will list off countries in a few weeks when i have time to research. you can easily generalize and use whole continents to describe US empire, so middle east, latin america, africa, asia, etc.
You don't understand what an empire is. The British Empire was the largest in history. Being the strongest, richest country in history isn't because we conquered a bunch of other countries, taking their wealth, controlling their people. That you can't name countries we've conquered and controlled shows you spout things about the U.S. without any knowledge of what you're talking about. The closest we were to being a colonial power was defeating Spain in the late 1800's and taking over its possessions. Which we've either gotten out of like the Philippines or have made into territories whose residents are American citizens like Guam, Saipan, and Puerto Rico. As well as American Samoa. These are tiny places in comparison to the British Empire which at its height controlled India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Burma(now Myanmar), Rhodesia(now Zimbabwe), Sudan, Egypt, Palestine(now Israel), Malaysia, British Honduras(now Belize), Greece, Ireland, Singapore and a number of small territories. Are you able to understand the difference between an empire and developing markets for trade with a large military making sure trade routes stay open?

vantexan

not sure. i expect similar results but i dont know. how about no empire? US govt is terribly corrupt, nothing works, and america keeps getting weaker isnt china doing better mitigating global warming than US?
Seriously? China has the world worst air pollution and has built hundreds of coal fired power plants.

rickyb

upload_2020-5-25_11-47-52.png

rickyb

in revolutions when the state forces dont follow orders and dont kill the protestors is usually when the revolution happens. problem here is people are protesting against police violence only.

upload_2020-5-29_13-15-25.png