Texas school shooting

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This isn’t a failure of police in my eyes. It’s a failure of society for allowing situations like this to escalate to the point polices only option is to rush a choke point being guarded by a little psychopath with a rifle.
The law enforcement who shot this kid were very brave men, they sustained injuries doing so and could of easily been killed if this wasn’t just some 18 year old loser with a rifle all schizo’d out.
Officer Ruben Ruiz got a call from his wife in the school. She said she was shot and dying. He tried to get into the school but was arrested. He’s a sworn officer.

El Correcto

god is dead
The shot caller behind law enforcement didn’t wake up that morning decide to shoot his grandmother in the face and then head down to the local elementary school to massacre children. He doesn’t deserve as much hate as he is receiving and neither do the police.

El Correcto

god is dead
Officer Ruben Ruiz got a call from his wife in the school. She said she was shot and dying. He tried to get into the school but was arrested. He’s a sworn officer.
I believe two officers sustained injuries even behind a shield. Your wife by all rights is dead at that point just like the 9/11 phone calls(still jerk a tear out of me to this day), it’s sad :censored2:, but I think the right call from allowing that man to get himself killed in an emotional state.

Hope that man finds peace and knows it’s not his fault as well. :censored2: like this happens, there are very sick people out there with no regard for the suffering they cause others.

El Correcto

god is dead
You mean the people who think everyone should be able to buy AR-15s with no restrictions?
Do you think an AR-15 is necessary for what this person did? Are you just blinded by your political priors to what would really help keep children safe? Handguns could easily be used to the same effectiveness, maybe even more so with less forethought or planning needed.
Every handgun came straight out the box with sights zero’d in, easier to handle and aim. Ammo was cheaper and can get extended magazines for the double stacks to make them hold 30 rounds.

You don’t need a rifle for what this scumbag did, you just need unarmed people unable to defend themselves, getting rid of rifles stops nothing about this attack. Hell a handgun probably would of been a better weapon for it honestly, shooting inside we were discussing how disorienting that can be with a rifle compared to a handgun.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ve been a gun owner for years, my guns have killed 0 people. Just presenting my handgun prevented me from getting the absolute :censored2: beat out of me one time.
We never discuss how many people are saved by firearms in this country and how much crime is stopped by law abiding people. How it is a deterrent for more crime, you never know who is packing around here.

vantexan

Last 'information' I read was that the classroom door, once properly shut and locked, was nearly impenetrable without extraordinary means (explosives), and that the custodian with a key to the door could not be located. If these are accurate details, there may not have been that many options.
Apparently there was never an attempt to ascertain if it was unlocked and that it may not have been.

Thebrownblob

Do you think an AR-15 is necessary for what this person did? Are you just blinded by your political priors to what would really help keep children safe? Handguns could easily be used to the same effectiveness, maybe even more so with less forethought or planning needed.
Every handgun came straight out the box with sights zero’d in, easier to handle and aim. Ammo was cheaper and can get extended magazines for the double stacks to make them hold 30 rounds.

You don’t need a rifle for what this scumbag did, you just need unarmed people unable to defend themselves, getting rid of rifles stops nothing about this attack. Hell a handgun probably would of been a better weapon for it honestly, shooting inside we were discussing how disorienting that can be with a rifle compared to a handgun.
He’s only spouting a talking points. I have asked him numerous times what makes AR15 more deadly than any other weapon he’s never answered. Because he doesn’t have a clue. He’s reading from a script he’s been told.

El Correcto

god is dead
He’s only spouting a talking points. I have asked him numerous times what makes AR15 more deadly than any other weapon he’s never answered. Because he doesn’t have a clue. He’s reading from a script he’s been told.
Blinded by political priors, never let a crisis go to waste.
This isn’t about the value of human life, it’s about hatred of the second amendment.

newfie

I don’t support suiciding cops into a choke point guarded by rifle fire to save dead bodies from decomposing.
It’s a horrible situation, hell I was mad at police and blinded by the fact such a horrible thing happened to children. I wanted to blame police to.

But it really ain’t their fault when you stop and think about it.
their were children and a teacher that were still alive and bleeding and had a chance to survive in those police officers were not held back by that idiot police chief and allowed to do their job.

this is one of those jobs where there are specific times you act to save lives at your own risk. this was it.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Uvalde Police Chief Pete Arredondo on Wednesday was placed on administrative leave effective immediately.

“The embattled police chief of the Texas school district where 19 children and two teachers were killed in a school shooting has been placed on administrative leave, the superintendent announced.”

Hal Harrell, superintendent of Uvalde CISD said Arredondo was placed on leave due to “lack of clarity that remains” in the probe into the police response to the deadly mass shooting at Robb Elementary School last month.

newfie

I think we are discussing a .223 rifle though correct?
That would be pretty loud and disorienting, especially to a child.

this could of been what led to police thinking it was now a hostage situation and they didn’t want to put more children at risk or charge a doorway for a prepared gunman.
I don’t know I just find it hard to believe this was just racism or cowardice or whatever else bs people are throwing at people who didn’t wake up that morning wanting people to die, unlike the person who is truly deserving blame and our ire.
wrong call no matter how you try to defend it.

newfie

I believe two officers sustained injuries even behind a shield.
minor wounds when they first entered. if you cant do your job then go shuffle paper somewhere.

you realize you're all over the board here? you talk badass about afghantisan then try to defend this blatant act of cowardice.

newolddude

Uvalde Police Chief Pete Arredondo on Wednesday was placed on administrative leave effective immediately.

“The embattled police chief of the Texas school district where 19 children and two teachers were killed in a school shooting has been placed on administrative leave, the superintendent announced.”

Hal Harrell, superintendent of Uvalde CISD said Arredondo was placed on leave due to “lack of clarity that remains” in the probe into the police response to the deadly mass shooting at Robb Elementary School last month.
Let me guess: with full pay.

El Correcto

god is dead
their were children and a teacher that were still alive and bleeding and had a chance to survive in those police officers were not held back by that idiot police chief and allowed to do their job.

this is one of those jobs where there are specific times you act to save lives at your own risk. this was it.
I didn’t realize the police chief was in the building holding them back.
wrong call no matter how you try to defend it.
No good calls no matter how much you condemn it.
minor wounds when they first entered. if you cant do your job then go shuffle paper somewhere.

you realize you're all over the board here? you talk badass about afghantisan then try to defend this blatant act of cowardice.
“Minor wounds” yeah no buddy, it was a near fatal wound, grazed his head lmao. Let’s see you charge a choke point into trained rifle fire, it’s one of the most suicidal things you can do. There is no comparing this to US foreign policy or national security, let’s see how it goes and who is correct, your family will now grow up with a Taliban/Al Qaeda controlled Afghanistan funding terrorism against the west, let’s wait a bit to start fighting over if that was the right call. Might be comparable if we were discussing orders given in Afghanistan to American troops.

a ball less police chief holding them back appears to have actually caused other police to act on their own.
Nothing holds you back in this world but yourself, those men made the call at the end of the day. What is more important your job or :censored2:ing children, if they thought they could have saved them they would of, imo.