Texas school shooting

El Correcto

god is dead
How is a police chief a coward? It wasn’t his ass on the line about to charge into rifle fire, it was the men’s whose lives he was responsible for. It takes 0 courage to order police to charge that classroom. I think the decision was reached through reason, not cowardice.

El Correcto

god is dead
To me the left wants to turn this into hating police and guns.
I’d like to turn it into defend the schools with armed guards and don’t let a crazed gunman get as far as he did and turn into the :censored2: show it was.

El Correcto

god is dead
I find it hard to believe or read. I just do. I can’t imagine sitting there with a gun in your hands while kids are getting shot.
I also find it hard to believe people actually survived this rampage and so many when it went on for so long.

Not a false flagger or anything like this but that is a lot of incompetence on both sides. I figured they just thought all the kids were dead by then while in the hallway quarantining the shooter from fleeing.

Thebrownblob

I find it hard to believe or read. I just do. I can’t imagine sitting there with a gun in your hands while kids are getting shot.
I also find it hard to believe people actually survived this rampage and so many when it went on for so long.

Not a false flagger or anything like this but that is a lot of incompetence on both sides. I figured they just thought all the kids were dead by then while in the hallway quarantining the shooter from fleeing.
So awful it’s hard to even imagine. 😢

newfie

I don't know any other way to phrase it but he was spineless. he turned it into a barricade situation and sat out in the hallway while gun shots continued. This scenario is never ever treated as a barricade. you go in as quickly as possible and overwhelm the shooter. thats what they train and practice for all the time. They practice this at least once a quarter in some way. either by talking through a scenario or by live practice exercises. This response was so bizarre that there is no justifiable excuse for it.
i back the blue 100 percent but this guy totally screwed the pooch.

over9five

Staff member
So the chief said he personally checked one classroom door, and a team checked the other. Found both locked. BUT, the camera facing the classroom doors didn't show anyone trying them.
That's pretty damning. POS.

Box Ox

newfie

Nothing holds you back in this world but yourself, those men made the call at the end of the day. What is more important your job or :censored2:ing children, if they thought they could have saved them they would of, imo.
thats the other point to this . the police chief made the wrong call. Other officers knew that. Initially they all followed orders because they dont want to risk any more lives by taking independent action.

at some point other police officers started taking action on their own. when this happens the on site commander has lost complete control of the situation which could cause other problems.

the other thing i just found out reading through the suspension. it sounds like this guy was a chief of the school police that are supposed to guard the schools. I'm reading he was suspended by the school board which is not typical of police chiefs.

If so that opens up a whole nother can of worms. first you could argue that he has even more specialized training for this type of situation or at least in the defense of the schools . At the same time you could argue that he does not have the experience and training a normal police chief would have to be the onsite commander. He's is more an administrative type official than an actual police chief who has worked his way through the ranks and dealth with increasingly complex tactical situations.

Last edited:

vantexan

How is a police chief a coward? It wasn’t his ass on the line about to charge into rifle fire, it was the men’s whose lives he was responsible for. It takes 0 courage to order police to charge that classroom. I think the decision was reached through reason, not cowardice.
Have you considered that the story they told the governor was very different than the information that has come out since about how they handled everything? They tried to cover up their actions.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This horrible crime continues to cause pain and damage in that community.

I feel so sad and sorry for anyone who had to directly deal with this situation.

I definitely can say I have never walked in anyone’s shoes who had to deal with a mass shooting of any kind let alone the mass shooting of an elementary school.

I firmly believe no amount of training can compare or actually fully prepare you for handling a situation perfectly.

I am sure serious mistakes were made, I can’t see how they wouldn’t be made.

Our society’s need for a fall guy, or to have someone to blame or condemn in situations like this, IMO should be avoided like the plague. It seems to be stirring up hate, anger, outrage, condemnation, and pain and projecting it on a person.

I would hate to be the one that because of unintentional mistakes I made in an unbelievable, uniquely horrible situation is being condemned and blamed for this. It is so sad. The whole thing is.

I wonder how the media and society at large would be feeling about this flawed person if he did have officers rush is and there were victims killed by friendly fire.

This is so sad, the whole thing is.

newfie

Our society’s need for a fall guy, or to have someone to blame or condemn in situations like this, IMO should be avoided like the plague. It seems to be stirring up hate, anger, outrage, condemnation, and pain and projecting it on a person.
for me anyone who stood in that hallway and listened to those shots and did nothing should be fired but the police chief has the ultimate responsibility for his decisions.

if thats my kid that died or my wife I will definitely make sure everyone is held accountable for their failures to act.

PT Car Washer

for me anyone who stood in that hallway and listened to those shots and did nothing should be fired but the police chief has the ultimate responsibility for his decisions.

if thats my kid that died or my wife I will definitely make sure everyone is held accountable for their failures to act.
Fired and held criminally accountable.

over9five

Staff member
for me anyone who stood in that hallway and listened to those shots and did nothing should be fired
They shouldn't have to be fired. They should resign, because they were obviously not meant to be police officers.
Anyone who can stand in a hallway with your gun, listening to babies being gunned down, knowing people are alive in there bleeding out.... and not do a damn thing. Well, that person has no right to wear that badge.