Thank you Mr President for Gas Prices

vantexan

With oil trading at NEGATIVE 35 bucks a barrel during his term your beloved former president didn't NEED to go ask anyone to increase production. Furthermore, his request for increased oil production from the Saudi's was aimed more toward the NATO and EU nations who receive 70% of their total oil and gas supplies from Putin who last week shut off natural gas to them claiming that the pipeline system needed "more maintenance" with no stated timeline for when it will resume operation.

With a steep recession looming in Europe the Saudi's last week stated that it will "defend" the price of oil pulling back their planned increase in production which was only 100,000 BPD.

Now just exactly what do you think your beloved former president would do in this situation and how would he do it?
He'd start by reopening ANWR. By reopening Federal land. By giving oil and gas companies incentives to produce more. Fast tracking the building of new refineries so that we can keep more of the oil we produce instead of sending the overflow overseas.

vantexan

FYI I currently hold 3300 shares in one of the nation's 10 largest electric utilities. It puts power into one of the nation's largest grid which right now has a 15 year FERC approved plan to systematically upgrade it's portion of the grid. In addition it reports having so many applications for renewable energy production permits it's having difficulty reviewing them in a timely manner.

In fact over in the next county an independent energy developer announced plans to use an old railroad shop to build two natural gas fired turbines. One to supply the grid I speak of and one for the grid up north. The grid I speak of said that it didn't think it would need the power and even if it did the company would have to cut at least 70 million dollars out of construction costs in order to be able to compete in a deregulated rate market. Even in a down sized form the project still hasn't started despite being on the drawing board for more than a decade.
That's great. Awesome. Still hasn't translated into a power grid that can handle every new car being all electric. Where's the nuclear power plants? Where's the new refineries?

newfie

the best i can find is that there may be 80 recorded criminal acts by Q anon since their founding in 2017 with half of those being attributed to jan 6th.

should i do a search to see how many murders we have in democratic run cities in one weekend?

floridays

in european countries its national. we have trains that are slow.
ricky, I've been on the tube in London, Waterloo station to my destination. I've been from Colorado to California and Florida to Texas. Ohio to Miami, Cleveland to Ontario Canada, a rail was included one time, in London. We don't and can't operate like that.

I will add, I have been to the Brookpark station many times to take the rapid transit to Cleveland, always for a ballgame. I would never consider taking a train from Cleveland to Miami. Figure it out.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here something else you won't here . Other than the obvious that our electrical grid in this country can't handle the load . A battery replacement for an EV can run you between 15 and 25,000 dollars to replace . Not to mention the fact that we don't have enough nickel to make these batteries . Also it takes a minimum of 45 minutes to recharge that battery so you better leave yourself 45 minutes to an hour after a 3-hour ride to charge that battery . Oh and just another little note electricity is expensive and constant exposure to electricity can cause cancer !!!
And with more people switching towards solar power , the electric companies are charging more to make up for the lost in profits.

newolddude

the best i can find is that there may be 80 recorded criminal acts by Q anon since their founding in 2017 with half of those being attributed to jan 6th.

should i do a search to see how many murders we have in democratic run cities in one weekend?
That’s an epic deflection/whatabout attempt.

newolddude

Theory, I'd guess started by the left and the leftist players in the government as a disinformation program.

I've never known or met a person that was a "Q" acolyte.

The theory resides in the mind of the left, where it was spawned.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Biden was in Boston yesterday saying how $20M will be "invested" on rebuilding the Lynnway ( in a city north of Boston ).
What he failed to mentioned was that this road is connect to only seashore two lane roads at its southern and northern ends. Which neither will be upgraded.

floridays

This means what?
You explained nothing.

vantexan

definitely national too
Show me in the U.S. where public transit is national? Not talking about interstate highways or airports that handle private transportation. Show me where other than Federal subsidies that the Federal government, especially the president, has the authority to create public systems for moving people? Amtrak hardly qualifies for the efficient movement of people locally.

bbsam

Staff member
ricky, I've been on the tube in London, Waterloo station to my destination. I've been from Colorado to California and Florida to Texas. Ohio to Miami, Cleveland to Ontario Canada, a rail was included one time, in London. We don't and can't operate like that.

I will add, I have been to the Brookpark station many times to take the rapid transit to Cleveland, always for a ballgame. I would never consider taking a train from Cleveland to Miami. Figure it out.
That’s seriously some defeatist attitude.

For some reason, high speed rail has never taken off in this country. I hear people say, “we can’t” and that’s just not true. Europe and Asia have been doing it for years.

Thankfully it’s a project going through red tape locally. I’m hoping before I die to see Chicago to Des Moines in 90 minutes.

floridays

For some reason, high speed rail has never taken off in this country. I hear people say, “we can’t” and that’s just not true. Europe and Asia have been doing it for years.

Thankfully it’s a project going through red tape locally. I’m hoping before I die to see Chicago to Des Moines in 90 minutes.
Naw Sam, It's the truth.
Let's be honest, I know generally where you live.

Let's say you want to go to New Orleans, Are you gonna get on the train?
There is one daily train from Chicago to New Orleans. Traveling by train from Chicago to New Orleans usually takes around 20 hours and 12 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 19 hours and 42 minutes.

I'm not a defeatist, I love trains.
I'm speaking the truth.

vantexan

I used to take Amtrak from Old Greenwich, CT to Boston pretty regular when I lived there. And in 2018 took a train from Lviv to Kyiv, Ukraine. About half way across the country. Love trains. But love road trips in cars even more. And that's why we'll never again have train travel like we did back in the late 1800's. Unless they make personal travel in cars so expensive that we don't have a choice. One of the best ad slogans of all time: "It's not just your car it's your freedom."