Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

Faceplanted

Yea lets run this company into the ground like the auto industry. There's no competition,post office , Amazon ,or Fed Ex. Wake up.
Please. The auto industry got ran into the ground because of lack of innovation. In 80s and 90s they made complete crap cars, they were unreliable, got bad gas millage, made no hp, some actually still using designs from the 60/70s engine wise with just added emission stiff, and just over all bad old designs. They were so sure nobody would buy these little jap crap cars, or start buying a little more upscale from the Europeans. It burned them real good. Fiat Chrysler is still building unreliable crap... Let's not blame the uaw for bad decisions in the engineering departments and the board meetings.

We got dodge neons and Chevy cavaliers while Japan was giving us the civics and Corolla and Germany a very fun/efficient golf

I love when people blame the uaw for the dark period in American cars making. It's usually right to work anti Union people, I wouldn't expect it from a brother.

I really hope you don't use this uaw example to your people about why we should give concessions.... Because it's just doesn't hold water

Last edited:
So you don
Please. The auto industry got ran into the ground because of lack of innovation. In 80s and 90s they made complete crap cars, they were unreliable, got bad gas millage, made no hp, some actually still using designs from the 60/70s engine wise with just added emission stiff, and just over all bad old designs. They were so sure nobody would buy these little jap crap cars, or start buying a little more upscale from the Europeans. It burned them real good. Fiat Chrysler is still building unreliable crap... Let's not blame the uaw for bad decisions in the engineering departments and the board meetings.

We got dodge neons and Chevy cavaliers while Japan was giving us the civics and Corolla and Germany a very fun/efficient golf

I love when people blame the uaw for the dark period in American cars making. It's usually right to work anti Union people, I wouldn't expect it from a brother.

I really hope you don't use this uaw example to your people about why we should give concessions.... Because it's just doesn't hold water
so you don't see the competition between a post office delivering 7 days a week making pennies on the dollar. You have fed ex delivery on Saturday and Amazon opening up distribution centers all over the United States. I'll fill you in on a little something. Amazon opened a distribution center in Michigan and the volume went down 15% for that area. How many drivers were laid off over this? Same thing with Columbus Ohio. Evolving with the times will keep us competitive. We could be the next auto industry and you wouldn't even see it.

Faceplanted

So you don

so you don't see the competition between a post office delivering 7 days a week making pennies on the dollar. You have fed ex delivery on Saturday and Amazon opening up distribution centers all over the United States. I'll fill you in on a little something. Amazon opened a distribution center in Michigan and the volume went down 15% for that area. How many drivers were laid off over this? Same thing with Columbus Ohio. Evolving with the times will keep us competitive. We could be the next auto industry and you wouldn't even see it.
Evolving times and 7 day work weeks have absolutly nothing to do with concessions and give backs to a company continuously posting record profits

Evolving times and 7 day work weeks have absolutly nothing to do with concessions and give backs to a company continuously posting record profits
I know my 140,000 in total compensation last year is really hard to live on. And before you hit me with the par time issue I was a part timer. Took me just over five years to go full time and I won in on a grievance from a contract violation using the superior language that we have from a hall led negotiating committee. It really did suck coming from nothing and being able to buy my first house at the age of 21 as a part timer. You know what else doesn't suck is the fact that I can get any car loan I want build a house and my wife stays home and takes care of my kids on this and the last 6 contracts negotiated by Kenny.

Oh yea my ups/IBT pension being protected doesn't sound to bad either.

Faceplanted

I know my 140,000 in total compensation last year is really hard to live on. And before you hit me with the par time issue I was a part timer. Took me just over five years to go full time and I won in on a grievance from a contract violation using the superior language that we have from a hall led negotiating committee. It really did suck coming from nothing and being able to buy my first house at the age of 21 as a part timer. You know what else doesn't suck is the fact that I can get any car loan I want build a house and my wife stays home and takes care of my kids on this and the last 6 contracts negotiated by Kenny.

I agree we should be greatful. Just think how it could have been better for us and the whole trucking/shipping industry of we got more.

Don't settle for less then you deserve brother

I agree we should be greatful. Just think how it could have been better for us and the whole trucking/shipping industry of we got more.

Don't settle for less then you deserve brother
But you aren't grateful. You are on an Internet forum bitching. Do you ever give thanks to anyone affiliated with the teamsters. I look them square in the eye and I thank them. I have a damn good life and I make sure they know it.

Faceplanted

But you aren't grateful. You are on an Internet forum bitching. Do you ever give thanks to anyone affiliated with the teamsters. I look them square in the eye and I thank them. I have a damn good life and I make sure they know it.
no I don't. If you feel I should that's your opinion and your entitled to it. Nobody is doing anything out of the goodness of their heart, otherwise I wouldn't pay dues. Ups and teamsters are both a business, turning into the same. I pay for a service just like any other service I expect to get what I pay for. If I hire an attorney, and I'm not happy with the results I'm not gonna thank him.

I have no problem and do often thank shop stuwads who spent their own personal time after a long day to handle things, not the union hall who is paid to do so

Sorry if I'm not happy with give backs and concessions when ups is making record money. If you are that's good for u.

In my 15+ years nothing has been done ouT of the ordinary to benefit me personally. I can actually point out evidence to prove the contrary.

Last edited:
no I don't. If you feel I should that's your opinion and your entitled to it. Nobody is doing anything out of the goodness of their heart, otherwise I wouldn't pay dues. Ups and teamsters are both a business, turning into the same

Sorry if I'm not happy with give backs and concessions when ups is making record money. If you are that's good for u.

In my 15+ years nothing has been done ouT of the ordinary to benefit me. I can actually point out evidence to point out the contrary.
I help other members because I don't like management taking advantage of people. I also help them because I like people and it's the right thing to do. I'm guessing that most of the people who do what I do are doing it to help PEOPLE. Paying dues is part of being in a union and will always be unless some :censored2: like trump gets in and makes it a right to work country. In my opinion you and your attitude are one of the big problems we face as upsers.

10 point

How much does one deserve for a job which requires only a drivers license and HS diploma?
We're not running for president.
Don't even need a driver's license then.

Realistically, the company netted 9 billion $ last year...spent 4 billion on purchases to help their bottom line (including ways to automate and reduce the workforce) and even tho Amazon is slicing work out of our trucks the company is maxing out the driver's day.

Get on the 9.5 opt in list and use the (minimum) three 8hr requests/month if you want to get home earlier. File if they load you up on the other two days and they'll remember the routine in five months when you come off the list.

Fight for yourselves. Man up. It's worth it.

I remember where I came from and even tho things aren't perfect they're a whole lot better than where most of us came from and evidently that's why we stayed.

Vote. Rally the part timers to vote. Stand your ground. You've only got one life.

10 point

And you have good representation. You are blessed and have a reason to be thankful. Others struggle where you don't.