Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You, @UpstateNYUPSer, since you don't have the spine to tag me when you post about what I said I'll say this and call it a night...

Every pc driver I know and work with breaks their back for the company and for the customers regardless of how trashed their load is and the over dispatch that is called Orion.
Their efforts, with or without turning in sales leads, contributes to the company's 9 billion dollar NET profit and I would say that every one of them is special because many don't make it thirty days. Those go into management or just quit.

A driver is worth the pay they receive if they contribute to the company's black ink.

Can they pay drivers less? Like the fdx sub contractors?
Without a union they would and quite frankly speaking you get what you pay for.
If you found a $100 bill laying in the street would you pick it up or would you say "That's too much money for me to stick in my pocket"?

Be thankful but don't be ignorant.

I am anything but ignorant.

10 point

I'm not taking up the fight for anybody.

I asked a very simple question-----how much do we deserve to get paid for a job that requires only a drivers license and high school diploma?
If you're feeling guilty just write the company a check back every week and skip your paid breaks. Then sleeping at night will (may) be easier for you.

Are you also milking the clock? Is your conscience bothering you?

Faceplanted

I'm not sure why you would want to respond to some of these losers on here. I stopped because that's exactly what they are losers. The one loser posts a stupid looking picture of himself on here. The other loser has a picture of how he actually perceives himself. It's funny how they act on here and when you see them face to face they are punks. Which is what they will always be.
am I one of the losers your talking about?

10 point

I'm not sure why you would want to respond to some of these losers on here. I stopped because that's exactly what they are losers. The one loser posts a stupid looking picture of himself on here. The other loser has a picture of how he actually perceives himself. It's funny how they act on here and when you see them face to face they are punks. Which is what they will always be.
Funny how you get up at 4 am to post about others not responding to posts. I'm not totally sure who you are referring to as losers and seeing people face to face (I've never seen or met you) but none of my friends on here are losers. Most fight for co-workers in spite of weak support.
By your history here I would say that liar fits your category ahead of loser.

twoweeled

It should be proportional or better, percentage-wise, to the previous contract's raises when UPS continually posts new record profits.

Instead, we went from $4/hr over the duration of the previous contract to $3.90 for the present contract.
For it to have been proportional, we would have had to have a $4.40 raise negotiated on our behalf.

Also, taking into consideration the new 4 year progression, the now capped healthcare costs with TeamCare in that agreement, and the flimsy Surepost language to name some of the other give backs; you have what I deem to be a concessionary contract with a company who continues to become more and more profitable, while it's ground level employees are not reaping their fair share.
Could not have said it as well as you did. You nailed it. It's a difficult equation to solve, but I suspect we really haven't made any gains at all, in many years. Possibly going backwards. Who doesn't feel, the company and Union working together are trying to pass the minimum contract by us?
SO WELL SAID!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We wish our Locals were as well represented.
It's all about perspective.

The representation problem is on us.

I might sound like a broken record on this....

You have to be willing to expend the time, money, and resources, if you are not satisfied.

FedEx Ground has established the base rate for this job.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Hold on 10 point.

Maybe, he meant the bare minimum.

Like the UPS drivers, fired for falsifying delivery records.

Where do they end up.... ??

FedEx.

How much do we deserve for the job that we do?

I asked a very simple question-----how much do we deserve to get paid for a job that requires only a drivers license and high school diploma?

How much do On-car supervisors and Center managers deserve ?

We will never know.

They aren't considered "partners" anymore.

Good luck (for them).... making it to retirement. :biggrin:

I am anything but ignorant.

More like "naive".

It's a big world out there.

Low level management people, are not in the equation at UPS.

-Bug-

10 point

I might sound like a broken record on this....

You have to be willing to expend the time, money, and resources, if you are not satisfied.

Hold on 10 point.

Maybe, he meant the bare minimum.

Like the UPS drivers, fired for falsifying delivery records.

Where do they end up.... ??

FedEx.

How much do On-car supervisors and Center managers deserve ?

We will never know.

They aren't considered "partners" anymore.

Good luck (for them).... making it to retirement. :biggrin:

More like "naive".

It's a big world out there.

Low level management people, are not in the equation at UPS.

-Bug-
Upstate, you've been falsifying delivery records again? No wonder you feel guilty about your compensation.

10 point

There are two kinds of naive...

One kind is like born yesterday naive and the other kind is you look the other way naive.

twoweeled

I owe everything, to the people before me @ the Teamsters Union.

Certain people "took me" under their wing.

If you can't grasp that concept....

-Bug-
Outta the ball park! Our time frames may differ a bit, but I'm in total agreement with you about what the Teamsters before me did. And the ones who took me under their wing and guided me through freakin firing squads, more than a few times. I grasp that one!
050716-MLB-New-York-Mets-Bartolo-Colon-homer-PI.vadapt.664.high.67.jpg