Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We're not running for president.
Don't even need a driver's license then.

Realistically, the company netted 9 billion $ last year...spent 4 billion on purchases to help their bottom line (including ways to automate and reduce the workforce) and even tho Amazon is slicing work out of our trucks the company is maxing out the driver's day.

Get on the 9.5 opt in list and use the (minimum) three 8hr requests/month if you want to get home earlier. File if they load you up on the other two days and they'll remember the routine in five months when you come off the list.

Fight for yourselves. Man up. It's worth it.

I remember where I came from and even tho things aren't perfect they're a whole lot better than where most of us came from and evidently that's why we stayed.

Vote. Rally the part timers to vote. Stand your ground. You've only got one life.

Nice story.

Please answer my question.

10 point

I have never complained about my wages since I got to full rate.
All the vacation we get, free benefits, overtime after 8 hours instead of 40 hours, all of these things are industry-leading. People would change jobs with us in a heartbeat. There's no doubt about that.

The general public knows that package car drivers work their butts off and they don't care how much money we make because they see everything we go through and how hard we work on the street.

The representation problem is on us. That is the bottom line. If you don't vote... you don't have a right to gripe.

10 point

Nice story.

Please answer my question.
I didn't think it was worth the energy to answer but I will give you this:

A few years ago a Rembrandt painting sold for over four million dollars. No one would ever believe the painting was worth that amount of money. So the answer to your question is this...

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

10 point

And to cut to the chase, you'll never understand why we get the wages we get because you don't appreciate being in a union. You have said this over and over with your high-minded attitude on your sleeve. So what right do you have to critique other people that get involved with Union issues and stick up for the people they work with while you reap the benefits and sit on the sidelines running your mouth.
As the other poster said to you...
Go work for FedEx and post in their forum. You can be a hemorrhoid to them instead of us.

10 point

It's a very simple question:

How much do we deserve for the job that we do?

(Hint: it's not $36/hr)
That's kind of a blanket statement that is meaningless. It doesn't even qualify the value of a driver at UPS.
I have brought in enough sales leads and volume to pay for 7 drivers wages every week. I won the district twice in premium sales leads. I had a ton of money put onto my AmEx card when you used to get $0.05 for every Next Day Air letter that you took away from the competitors. What is a UPS driver worth? Qualify your own question.

Ok, now that's a simple answer if you want one. Now you tell me what kind of a job that you are doing with protecting our volume and bringing in additional customers that validates your worth as a driver. Answer that and I'll say you're overpaid or justified in your compensation.

The resulting answer is on you.

PS/ I'm not bragging. I've done my best to repay the first manager I worked for when he hired me off the street. He was a good man and I was thankful for how he treated me in those early years. I am thankful. Not a nice story, a true one.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a very simple question:

How much do we deserve for the job that we do?

(Hint: it's not $36/hr)
How much is a baseball player worth?

You should study that union.

Its about what the market will bear, and so far, UPS is dominating the landscape.

I will concede, that with a company reaping record profits, if it isn't about increases in pay, then it should be about the rest.

So then, why do some of us continue to fall behind in all categories?

10 point

You, @UpstateNYUPSer, since you don't have the spine to tag me when you post about what I said I'll say this and call it a night...

Every pc driver I know and work with breaks their back for the company and for the customers regardless of how trashed their load is and the over dispatch that is called Orion.
Their efforts, with or without turning in sales leads, contributes to the company's 9 billion dollar NET profit and I would say that every one of them is special because many don't make it thirty days. Those go into management or just quit.

A driver is worth the pay they receive if they contribute to the company's black ink.

Can they pay drivers less? Like the fdx sub contractors?
Without a union they would and quite frankly speaking you get what you pay for.
If you found a $100 bill laying in the street would you pick it up or would you say "That's too much money for me to stick in my pocket"?

Be thankful but don't be ignorant.

If you walk into a room of boys and you act and carry yourself like the man and you get results where your members get the best that they can get then I guess it's gotta be a little about me so that I can really in essence make it about over a thousand upsers in my local. I've been fired for representing the members of my local. It's well documented. If I had to get fired again to make it better for the members of my local I'd do it again and come back stronger. It's already been documented. I sat out for 6 and a half weeks one of the times. The person who concocted the scheme to fire me got fired a year to the day after they did that to me. Who wants some lead belly?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you walk into a room of boys and you act and carry yourself like the man and you get results where your members get the best that they can get then I guess it's gotta be a little about me so that I can really in essence make it about over a thousand upsers in my local. I've been fired for representing the members of my local. It's well documented. If I had to get fired again to make it better for the members of my local I'd do it again and come back stronger. It's already been documented. I sat out for 6 and a half weeks one of the times. The person who concocted the scheme to fire me got fired a year to the day after they did that to me. Who wants some lead belly?
Lame.

Let's see some verification.

Seems like I have heard at least two other members of this forum telling that exact same story, Mr. Bojangles and 4o7steward?

i would hope that there are a million other Teamsters who would do the same thing I did. In reality there isn't but in my heart I know there are others. There has to be others out there like me who take so much pride in being a teamsters. God I love the teamsters. At 18 I was going nowhere and I got this job at ups. A part time job. I wanted a full time job but you couldn't go full time till you were 21 I didn't know how to drive a stick shift but I wanted to drive a ups truck. I bought a brand new Ford Ranger at the age of 20 that was a stick shift manual transmission. I couldn't even drive it home from the car dealer. I wanted to learn though. My father who was back in my life against n for a short time again tried to show me but he yelled and got all crazy so I told him to get out of the truck. I barely got it home. My uncle Steve then shown me how to drive it. A year later I was an air driver.

It still seemed like it would take to long to get the job and I had taken a lot of other jobs to see where I was going to fit in the food chain. Meat cutter wasn't for me. I was a dock worker for r central transport in freight. I showed up one day and it was all locked up. They went out of business.

Then I went and drove for Interstate Brands (Wonder Bread) and still kept my part time job at ups. That wasn't for me either. Then I got a job in sanitation ( garbage man) sanitary engineer and I did that for about a year. That was a very hard job. From there it was land scaper and then ups violated the contract I filed a grievance actually I organized about 12 of us to file on it ( I still remember driving to everyone's house to pick up their grievances and we were all awarded full time jobs out of it.

The rest was me becoming a ups full timer and my love for the teamsters for the life I have earned through the great contracts Kenny has negotiated.

There is no doubt there is easily at least two or maybe five others just like me. With my loyalty resolve and genuine appreciate.

Thank you Teamsters for the life.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i would hope that there are a million other Teamsters who would do the same thing I did. In reality there isn't but in my heart I know there are others. There has to be others out there like me who take so much pride in being a teamsters. God I love the teamsters. At 18 I was going nowhere and I got this job at ups. A part time job. I wanted a full time job but you couldn't go full time till you were 21 I didn't know how to drive a stick shift but I wanted to drive a ups truck. I bought a brand new Ford Ranger at the age of 20 that was a stick shift manual transmission. I couldn't even drive it home from the car dealer. I wanted to learn though. My father who was back in my life against n for a short time again tried to show me but he yelled and got all crazy so I told him to get out of the truck. I barely got it home. My uncle Steve then shown me how to drive it. A year later I was an air driver.

It still seemed like it would take to long to get the job and I had taken a lot of other jobs to see where I was going to fit in the food chain. Meat cutter wasn't for me. I was a dock worker for r central transport in freight. I showed up one day and it was all locked up. They went out of business.

Then I went and drove for Interstate Brands (Wonder Bread) and still kept my part time job at ups. That wasn't for me either. Then I got a job in sanitation ( garbage man) sanitary engineer and I did that for about a year. That was a very hard job. From there it was land scaper and then ups violated the contract I filed a grievance actually I organized about 12 of us to file on it ( I still remember driving to everyone's house to pick up their grievances and we were all awarded full time jobs out of it.

The rest was me becoming a ups full timer and my love for the teamsters for the life I have earned through the great contracts Kenny has negotiated.

There is no doubt there is easily at least two or maybe five others just like me. With my loyalty resolve and genuine appreciate.

5habits100

I'm not sure why you would want to respond to some of these losers on here. I stopped because that's exactly what they are losers. The one loser posts a stupid looking picture of himself on here. The other loser has a picture of how he actually perceives himself. It's funny how they act on here and when you see them face to face they are punks. Which is what they will always be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gotta love it when UpstateNYUPSer takes up the fight for H&H group.

That's when I know that I'm in the right lane.

~Bbbl~

I'm not taking up the fight for anybody.

I asked a very simple question-----how much do we deserve to get paid for a job that requires only a drivers license and high school diploma?