Thanks Teamcare

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Wife had a hysterectomy recently and I thought I'd actually post some EOB's instead of "OMGZ I haz ta pay 400dillars for a flu shot" The first is a Cat scan using US imaging (100% covered if scheduled) second is a one night stay at the hospital, this doesn't include the surgeons fee or anesthesiologist. I'd also like to mention that my deductable went from 200/400 to 100/200. We met our deductibles early in the year between the kids and the wife's preops. So far for the year 765.00 out of pocket, probably had over 60k worth of stuff done.

Thanks IBT for keeping our insurance one of the best plans in the country, without out of pocket premiums.
View attachment 18632
$765.00 out of pocket for the year, and you are celebrating?
I WAS on the company plan for about 25 years. I have a wife and 3 kids. In those years wehad 2 c-sections, an ovarian cyst, shoulder surgery, about 5 emergency room visits, yearly check ups plus other doctor visits, lots of lab work and more medical procedures and I haven't paid much over your $765.00 in over 25 years.
AND YOU ARE HAPPY ABOUT ONLY $765.00 FOR 1 YEAR OUT OF POCKET.
Dude, you have no idea how much you have been getting screwed all these years.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I WAS on the company plan for about 25 years. I have a wife and 3 kids. In those years wehad 2 c-sections, an ovarian cyst, shoulder surgery, about 5 emergency room visits, yearly check ups plus other doctor visits, lots of lab work and more medical procedures and I haven't paid much over your $765.00 in over 25 years.
I will now have paid more in out of pocket expenses for 1 visit under Teamcrap than I have paid in the past 30 years combined under the company plan. Tell me how this insurance is the same as we had like Hoffa/Hall told us.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I went FT into Teamcare, should I be complaining about how the FT guys before me "screwed" me over? The world changes, UPS and IBT must change to adapt, if not you are left in the dust to wither and die. The days of cheap health insurance are gone and Teamcare was the best compromise to insure the level of care and costs were suitable for ALL of us.

Like it or not, you're under Teamcare, still not paying out of pocket premiums, and still getting top notch care. Did I also mention the majority agrees with the changes, so arguing about it isn't going to do a damn thing. I'd suggest you go to some of your neighbors and explain your benefits, see if they sympathize with you.

realbrown1

I went FT into Teamcare, should I be complaining about how the FT guys before me "screwed" me over? The world changes, UPS and IBT must change to adapt, if not you are left in the dust to wither and die. The days of cheap health insurance are gone and Teamcare was the best compromise to insure the level of care and costs were suitable for ALL of us.

Like it or not, you're under Teamcare, still not paying out of pocket premiums, and still getting top notch care. Did I also mention the majority agrees with the changes, so arguing about it isn't going to do a damn thing. I'd suggest you go to some of your neighbors and explain your benefits, see if they sympathize with you.
Thank you for voting for this inferior plan. You obviously decided to settle for less. And thank you for dragging those of us in the comany plan down with you.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Really man???? I have nothing else constructive ...We have excellent health insurance

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thank you for voting for this inferior plan. You obviously decided to settle for less. And thank you for dragging those of us in the comany plan down with you.
The majority says "You're Welcome". I'm very sorry you're not happy with it, unfortunately for you, you're in the minority.

realbrown1

The majority says "You're Welcome". I'm very sorry you're not happy with it, unfortunately for you, you're in the minority.
Actually, I am not in teamcare.
Thank god for brothers and sisters wHo fought for a BETTER plan than teamcare.
It's not as good as the conpany's plsn, but it's close.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

The only people that agreed with the changes were the people already in Teamcare. I would venture to say that everyone who was in the company plan would disagree with you.

If Hoffa/Hall would have said that they need everyone in Teamcare to keep it solvent, I would agree with you. But they did not. They dumped everyone else into Teamcare because the company wanted to charge a monthly premium for us to keep our insurance and Hall said we are not paying 1 cent.

I am not paying 1 cent. I just paid $800 for 1 visit. The company would have backed off on the monthly premium to settle the contract if Hall did not volunteer us into Teamcare. And yes, the company would still make over $4 billion net profit.

You should actually be thanking us no voters. Because of us, your Teamcare benefits were increased.

Teamcare is here, and nothing we can do about it. But it helps to vent. Although, in 2018...???

And I don't care what my neighbors think about my healthcare benefits. If they don't like theirs, they can go find a better job.

kingOFchester

Being a brother means bringing your brother up to your level, not down to your level.

We are industrial athletes. We use and abuse our bodies every day. The wear and tear on our bodies should entitle us to the best insurance available.

Look up wear and tear theory of aging. In simple turns, our bodies are machines. Its not the age of the machine, but rather how much the machine is used. We abuse our bodies.

What is cheaper to maintain, a 5 year old car with 60k miles or a 5 year old car with 250k miles? (this statement is in reference to those who compare our insurance to what others outside of UPS get)

Stand out side my building and calculate the percentage of drivers that come in with some type of limp or the like, the 20+ year guys have worn out their bodies. Then go stand outside a high-rise office and calculate the percentage of employees that come in with some type of limp or the like.

Last edited:

HBGPreloader

Let me answer that with just one example. My son has seen his PCP 2 or 3 times for stomach pain, constipation. He was in severe pain a few weeks ago at 11:00 PM. We did not know what it was so we took him to the ER. We're talking keeling over severe pain. He is 5.

They fixed him up and gave him some meds to help with the problem but did not admit him. Just got the bill. Hospital charge of over $6000 reduced to just under $4000 because of insurance negotiated rate.

Here's the Teamcrap part. Since he wasn't admitted, I am liable for 20% of the bill. My portion is almost $800. Under the old insurance, my portion would have been $0. This is just one example, of many, why Teamcrap sucks.
Under our old plan, a visit to the ER was a $50 co-pay unless admitted. Then the co pay was $0.