Thanksgiving

Purplepackage

if you are on a 4x10 schedule, (Saturday and Sunday off and a random day during the week) can they schedule you to work Monday-Wednesday and friday and use thanksgiving as your "day off" even though it's a holiday?

optikz

This is fedex. They can do what they want. It wouldn't surprise me. The rule is, if the holiday falls on your day off, you get the next day off

Purplepackage

This is fedex. They can do what they want. It wouldn't surprise me. The rule is, if the holiday falls on your day off, you get the next day off

I'm just trying to determine if I should be getting OT for one of my days next week. I'm already working Saturday and getting the holiday on Thursday so I'm assuming they think I'll just be happy with that

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, seriously, you crack me up! Rules don't apply to management unless it is convenient. Needs of the company and all that crap.

Nolimitz

Not at my Station. Im 4-10 with Thurs off. I don't get Friday off or time and 1/2 on Fri.
Will only get 8 holiday pay for Thurs

l22

Not at my Station. Im 4-10 with Thurs off. I don't get Friday off or time and 1/2 on Fri.
Will only get 8 holiday pay for Thurs

You're supposed to get either an alternate day off or holiday cash in addition to holiday pay since the holiday falls on your regularly scheduled day off.