The Air Hub

F

fxnjetz

To All,

I can only say that the offensive comment posted here recently has left me shocked, dismayed and disgusted.

Kjones has done a disservice to himself and the rest of the membership who have the misfortune of being associated with him.

He is an embarrassment, and I can only offer my apologies to the members of this board for his transgression.

Regards,
fj

P

proups

fj: kjones probably voted no on the contract, too!

cheryl: BRAVO
proud.gif
for getting kjones off this board. Be careful not to let him sneak in under another name. I found ALL of his posts to be rather ignorant in nature.

fj is doing an honorable job of letting us know the issues with the contract. I would agree that our airline mechanics have probably one of the most difficult jobs in our company with all of the technology they have to know inside and out. Working on an airplane ain't like working on a car!

One of the issues....lowest starting pay.....looks familiar, doesn't it?

M

mackintosh1970

Has anyone heard about IPA President, Captain Bob Miller, stepping down as president of CAPA? That's all I've heard, but I'm wondering why he stepped down...

Thnx.
Mack

C

captain_z

Yes, I can confirm that. He supposedly stepped down because the IPA is going into contract negotiations and he wants to focus his efforts on getting an industry-leading contract for the IPA. If you work in the Air Hub, you can pick up a copy of IPA Flight Times and read his letter to the membership, as well as his letters to Chief Pilot Tom Keating regarding the threat of furloughs. That's right, UPS made a $950 Q3 operating profit paced in large part by international air volume, and they are talking about putting flight crew members on the street. Unbelieveable....

Z

L

lr1937

Unbelieveable....
What is so unbelievable and what is so unbelievable about laying people off if the company is making a profit. It happens all the time in other companies. I am never for laying people off but if some flight crew members are not needed why keep them working. That is called featherbeding and is highly unprofitable and has hurt more than one company. Take a look at the railroads.

C

captain_z

Hard to see how we don't need our current staffing level when there is more uncovered flying than in years and we just won route authority to operate Hong Kong-Clark and Hong Kong-Cologne. It takes time and big money to train and retrain flight crews when you start moving them from one aircraft and one position to another-- Even more to bring them back after furlough. Estimate about three months total per crew member and they can't all be trained at once. Capt. Karen Lee estimates a six to nine month lag time to go from a drawdown to a build-up mode. Just about the time we finish all the training generated by displacement, we will need more crews to fly the Hong Kong routes we plan to exercise in Oct 2003. Heck of a way to cut costs!

Regards,
Z