The average U.S. worker earned a little more than $30 per hour in 2011.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, you as a sup should know how much a healthcare plan costs for a family.
Lets say $2000 ! Now divide that by 30 days.
That's an extra $70 a day or almost $10 per hr.
Now add vacation time, piad sick leave, and paid breaks, and whatever else you have a bennie for.
And then add the OT at $45/hr rate to it all !

Actually my calculation was wrong, you don't work 30 days a month, but rather 20 or 22. (weekends off).
So healthcare costs are way above $10/hr.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Actually my calculation was wrong, you don't work 30 days a week, but rather 20 or 22. (weekends off).
So healthcare costs are way above $10/hr.

Not sure what calendar system you are on but I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to work 20, 22 OR 30 days a week. Where I'm from the most you can work is 7 days per week.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm not against you. I only know what you typed, not what you meant. Must have been lost in translation from Canadian to American.

klein

See, like Denmark wages. They don't take home $48/hr.
But they get free healthcare, 6 weeks vacation pay, unlimited sick days (up to 6 months), and even free child day care and even more bennies.

If that was the case I would move there tomorrow ! (being an EU citizen).
But, as a single male, Denmark offers me basically nothing.
And without those family bennies, I would just be earning $15 hr maybe somewhat less or more.

klein

How about pension?

Oh yeah, that's government controlled too.
Half of the pension plan is paid by the employee, the other half by employer and tax free.

I was hoping to get close to $2000 per month from Germany for working there for 9 years, but that ship has saled.1/3 of the pensions went to East Germany in the mean time.
Last time I checked I was just around over Euro 900 per month (sad :( ) It's still close to $1300/mth though ! :)

brett636

I would like the OP to go out and find us this plethora of jobs available that pay over $30/hr with no education other than a high school diploma. Perhaps that $30/hr. figure includes benefits which would put us somewhere around $60+ an hour. Either way we are in the top 20% of income earners in the U.S. and that is nothing to take for granted.

kingOFchester

Oh yeah, that's government controlled too.
Half of the pension plan is paid by the employee, the other half by employer and tax free.

I was hoping to get close to $2000 per month from Germany for working there for 9 years, but that ship has saled.1/3 of the pensions went to East Germany in the mean time.
Last time I checked I was just around over Euro 900 per month (sad :( ) It's still close to $1300/mth though ! :)

Klein, with all do respect...... Why do you post on BC?? Do you work for Brown? I thought I read you worked here for a few years.....YEARS ago. Just seems strange.