The "Back Pay" Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

longhorns19

Hello yes I'm relatively new, have been at UPS for about 6 months, and have heard things about the new "contract" going through and people getting "raises" and "back pay"... all very exciting words. I was told by an unreliable source of information that I would be included in and receive the "back pay" and wanted to either confirm the source is unreliable or confirm that I'm getting "back pay".

Does anyone know about this? I searched for a thread about this for 45 whole seconds and couldn't find anything. :didimiss:

watdaflock?

It's possible he's right, but my understanding is employees within their first year won't get retro checks. If you've been here more than a year, you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitelightning1534

Hello yes I'm relatively new, have been at UPS for about 6 months, and have heard things about the new "contract" going through and people getting "raises" and "back pay"... all very exciting words. I was told by an unreliable source of information that I would be included in and receive the "back pay" and wanted to either confirm the source is unreliable or confirm that I'm getting "back pay".

Does anyone know about this? I searched for a thread about this for 45 whole seconds and couldn't find anything. :didimiss:

Sorry to disappoint you but you're only getting the raise not the backpay because you were a peak season hire and not a permanent employee until January 1st everybody who was a peak season employee who got hired on permanent us not eligible to receive a back pay check sorry to burst your bubble but it is what it is

Sorry to disappoint you but you're only getting the raise not the backpay because you were a peak season hire and not a permanent employee until January 1st everybody who was a peak season employee who got hired on permanent us not eligible to receive a back pay check sorry to burst your bubble but it is what it is

He didn’t state if he was just a seasonal hire. I was hired during peak season, as a permanent employee. It’s quite possible he was too.

Saca La

What is it?
If you’ve only been there for 6 months. How much “back pay” do you really think your gonna get, if any.

Yolo

Your back pay will be the difference between what the contract says you were supposed to be paid and what you were actually paid.

longhorns19

It's not a burst bubble. Just tired of another miserable human being trying to start :censored2: with someone they dont know because his home life is unbearable ? I dont get the motivation behind it but w/e. Dude likes to tell stories. What can you do ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.