The "Back Pay" Situation

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by imgettingtheblacklungpop, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello yes I'm relatively new, have been at UPS for about 6 months, and have heard things about the new "contract" going through and people getting "raises" and "back pay"... all very exciting words. I was told by an unreliable source of information that I would be included in and receive the "back pay" and wanted to either confirm the source is unreliable or confirm that I'm getting "back pay".

Does anyone know about this? I searched for a thread about this for 45 whole seconds and couldn't find anything. :didimiss:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

It's possible he's right, but my understanding is employees within their first year won't get retro checks. If you've been here more than a year, you do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019
  3. Bored enough to come here and ask you people if I'm getting more money from my work, yes.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Ginntonic28

Ginntonic28 New Member

You will get retro active pay from 8/1/2018-5/1/2019 regardless of how long you have worked for ups, if you are hourly.

6. Sorry to disappoint you but you're only getting the raise not the backpay because you were a peak season hire and not a permanent employee until January 1st everybody who was a peak season employee who got hired on permanent us not eligible to receive a back pay check sorry to burst your bubble but it is what it is

7. Ginntonic28

Ginntonic28 New Member

He didn’t state if he was just a seasonal hire. I was hired during peak season, as a permanent employee. It’s quite possible he was too.

8. Goku

Goku New Member

lmao no

correct.

9. Saca La

Saca La What is it?

If you’ve only been there for 6 months. How much “back pay” do you really think your gonna get, if any.

10. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Your back pay will be the difference between what the contract says you were supposed to be paid and what you were actually paid.

11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Back pay?

@MyTripisCut pays to have his Gorilla like back shaved.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Hours worked X Raise amount = Back pay

That much

13. Ty all for the info!

@Saca La I wasn't sure about any of the details, obviously, which is why I asked.

14. It's not a burst bubble. Just tired of another miserable human being trying to start :censored2: with someone they dont know because his home life is unbearable ? I dont get the motivation behind it but w/e. Dude likes to tell stories. What can you do ya know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.