The Ballot mess!

oldngray

nowhere special
Democrats are more pro union but now they only interpret that to mean public employee unions and do little to help private sector unions. And the average voter doesn't understand the differences between the two. Almost all media attention is on public unions which are just called unions in almost every report. Public employees are a totally different situation and they DO get special treatment which the general public assumes also applies to private sector unions.

Atomic_Smurf

You sound like your proud of what unions have done. And now you and your buddies want to try to take it all away.

407 don't let him bait you why respond to his comments
Ya me & my buddies want to repeal the legislation that's responsible for the biggest concessionary contract in our history. We want to "take it all away"!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Democrats are more pro union but now they only interpret that to mean public employee unions and do little to help private sector unions. And the average voter doesn't understand the differences between the two. Almost all media attention is on public unions which are just called unions in almost every report. Public employees are a totally different situation and they DO get special treatment which the general public assumes also applies to private sector unions.
Well said. Public sector unions are closer in nature to civil unions than private sector unions.

Atomic_Smurf

I'm done with that guy. Great advice stone. Welcome to teamcare brother.
Its been fun. For me. But I was hoping we'd hear back from Stink tonight when he finds out that the specific ACA exemption he referenced as the one our could get to salvage our teamcare & make it sustainable has been dead in the water since late 2013.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Its been fun. For me. But I was hoping we'd hear back from Stink tonight when he finds out that the specific ACA exemption he referenced as the one our could get to salvage our teamcare & make it sustainable has been dead in the water since late 2013.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself is great. I'm happy for you if you are happy being you me I'm happy being me. I'm healthy I've got a good family things are going right for me. My health is great and my faith in God is unwavering. I gave a great local and my wife is a beautiful person and good looking to boot.

This site don't really matter nor does your politics. I hope you are healthy and your loved ones love you and are healthy. I made my point on this site and feel like I made a difference to my cause. I also thank Cheryl for making this site for us to vent.

Cheryl please let stonefish Bubblehead and TOS out of quere for me. I would consider this a favor if you would. They are all union men who have something to offer this site. I think they will all behave and the site is better with them all.

Ps if you don't like me my wife children friends and my local do. I'm good with this and thank you all for making this a truly great site. Sees you soon probably sooner than later. God bless

10 point

Hey whatever makes you feel good about yourself is great. I'm happy for you if you are happy being you me I'm happy being me. I'm healthy I've got a good family things are going right for me. My health is great and my faith in God is unwavering. I gave a great local and my wife is a beautiful person and good looking to boot.

This site don't really matter nor does your politics. I hope you are healthy and your loved ones love you and are healthy. I made my point on this site and feel like I made a difference to my cause. I also thank Cheryl for making this site for us to vent.

Cheryl please let stonefish Bubblehead and TOS out of quere for me. I would consider this a favor if you would. They are all union men who have something to offer this site. I think they will all behave and the site is better with them all.

Ps if you don't like me my wife children friends and my local do. I'm good with this and thank you all for making this a truly great site. Sees you soon probably sooner than later. God bless
Was that pics of your wife you posted in place of your dog the other day or ?....since you love her and all that.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Lets talk about Walker. He was elected by his state to get their fiscal house in order & that meant standing up for tax payers instead of cowering to public sector unions & their demands. See, when private sector unions bargain they are bargaining against an evil for-profit business where as public sector unions are bargaining against the tax payers of their states.
Agreed, :censored2: those police, teachers, firemen, and EMT's. They're not allowed to want anything. Only us package boys in brown shorts are allowed to want things! Public sector unions do not "bargain against the tax payers," they have bosses just like we do. The money they're paid with originally comes from the taxpayers, but to say they bargain against the tax payers is to say we bargain against UPS shareholders and investors. They bargain against management just like we do. And they want raises to adjust for inflation/cost of living, they want decent pensions, healthcare, time-off for when they're not saving our lives/educating our children, but we should tell them they don't matter because "You're paid with taxes."?

To say "I deserve to bargain for things I want but a fireman does not because he gets paid from my taxes." Makes no sense and betrays an extremely exceptionalist mentality. You move a box from Point A to Point B.

Last edited:

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
My question to you Johnny P, Is it "ant-union" to deny an exemption for unions from the health care legislation that they supported, stumped for & demanded only to leave non-union workers to suffer the consequences alone? The left would say it is anti-union. Do you?
Well, by definition, anything that goes against what a union wants is "anti-union." Because anti means against. So if a union wants exemption from law x, and a legislature doesn't grant them that, then yes. That would be the definition of anti-union.

I think what you're meaning to ask me is if I think that is right, in which case, I'm going to need some more specifics. Maybe leave out the hypothetical language and provide me with a news link to read or something so I can form an opinion. I don't have the luxury of having my opinions fed to me by my beloved party.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Well, by definition, anything that goes against what a union wants is "anti-union." Because anti means against. So if a union wants exemption from law x, and a legislature doesn't grant them that, then yes. That would be the definition of anti-union.

I think what you're meaning to ask me is if I think that is right, in which case, I'm going to need some more specifics. Maybe leave out the hypothetical language and provide me with a news link to read or something so I can form an opinion. I don't have the luxury of having my opinions fed to me by my beloved party.
What a cop out for an answer. You know exactly what I asked. I guess it's easier to over scrutinize & complicate it than answer it. If that question hadn't crossed your mind before today then I'd question whether you were even self-aware. If you need me to spoon feed you news links so you can "form an opinion" then I've overestimated you.

Atomic_Smurf

Agreed, :censored2: those police, teachers, firemen, and EMT's. They're not allowed to want anything. Only us package boys in brown shorts are allowed to want things! Public sector unions do not "bargain against the tax payers," they have bosses just like we do. The money they're paid with originally comes from the taxpayers, but to say they bargain against the tax payers is to say we bargain against UPS shareholders and investors. They bargain against management just like we do. And they want raises to adjust for inflation/cost of living, they want decent pensions, healthcare, time-off for when they're not saving our lives/educating our children, but we should tell them they don't matter because "You're paid with taxes."?

To say "I deserve to bargain for things I want but a fireman does not because he gets paid from my taxes." Makes no sense and betrays an extremely exceptionalist mentality. You move a box from Point A to Point B.
Obviously you missed the part where I said there had to be some "sanity & common sense". Flying of the handle with accusations of hating firemen & teachers is a tried & true tactic of the liberals that bankrupt these states & municipalities & is quite effective at rallying a low-information constituency that reacts emotionally rather than rationally. I don't hate public sector employees, I married one. I want her to have the best pay & benefits possible yet I also understand the nature of this line of work, how budgets work & that the long term sustainability of her job & pension relies on a solvent state & sound leadership.

10 point

Google the word 'Wisconsin'. When you're done with that, google "Right to work map." Red states are right to work, blue states are not.
While you're at it, Google the phrase "Decertification of the Teamsters Union" and read the pages of people that no longer want Hoffa's leadership.
The companies listed include Coca Cola, Valley Gas and many more that will surprise you.