The Ballot mess!

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
What a cop out for an answer. You know exactly what I asked. I guess it's easier to over scrutinize & complicate it than answer it. If that question hadn't crossed your mind before today then I'd question whether you were even self-aware. If you need me to spoon feed you news links so you can "form an opinion" then I've overestimated you.
Lol alright then. If you contruct a question like someone with a high school education, I'd be happy to answer it for you. But the fact that I had to go in and assume what your question was doesn't give me much hope for that.
Obviously you missed the part where I said there had to be some "sanity & common sense". Flying of the handle with accusations of hating firemen & teachers is a tried & true tactic of the liberals that bankrupt these states & municipalities & is quite effective at rallying a low-information constituency that reacts emotionally rather than rationally. I don't hate public sector employees, I married one. I want her to have the best pay & benefits possible yet I also understand the nature of this line of work, how budgets work & that the long term sustainability of her job & pension relies on a solvent state & sound leadership.
OK well let's talk about the Walker bill. The Walker bill reduced all public employee raises to ONLY be given to adjust for inflation. In other words, if the dollar goes down in value by 10 cents. That's what your raise is. That keeps you in the same place financially, you'll never make more than you do right now. Making a law so that your employees can never get a real raise is not what I call "sanity and common sense." But God forbid anyone should try to replace a packageboy's healthcare. Heads will roll.

Johnny Paycheck

The Walker-backed bill proposed taking away the ability of public sector unions to bargain collectively over pensions and health care and limiting pay raises of public employees to the rate of inflation, as well as ending automatic union dues collection by the state and requiring public unions to recertify annually.

You call that sanity and common sense? If so you're deluded and a hypocrite. Because there would be an all-out strike if UPS did even one of those things.

Atomic_Smurf

You call that sanity and common sense? If so you're deluded and a hypocrite. Because there would be an all-out strike if UPS did even one of those things.
Yes Johnny P, that is sanity & common sense. You see Wisconsin was burying its self in debt to the tune of Billions of dollars a year. UPS on the other hand is profiting billions of dollars per year. Wisconsin's public sector unions pay raises were limited to the rate of inflation while Teamsters are being told to be happy with a contract full of give backs. Now imagine if UPS was going into the hole billions every year like Wisconsin was, because theyre not. So how can you justify a concessionary contract for union workers at a highly profitable company & not in a state going bankrupt??? THAT is deluded & the text book definition of hypocrisy.

Johnny Paycheck

Yes Johnny P, that is sanity & common sense. You see Wisconsin was burying its self in debt to the tune of Billions of dollars a year. UPS on the other hand is profiting billions of dollars per year. Wisconsin's public sector unions pay raises were limited to the rate of inflation while Teamsters are being told to be happy with a contract full of give backs. Now imagine if UPS was going into the hole billions every year like Wisconsin was, because theyre not. So how can you justify a concessionary contract for union workers at a highly profitable company & not in a state going bankrupt??? THAT is deluded & the text book definition of hypocrisy.
There are many differences between government and a corporation. For one, governments are not established for profit. For two, unlike corporations, who rely on revenue paid to them by customers based (in theory) on the quality of their goods or services, government has complete control over how much revenue they receive in the form of taxes, because they write the tax laws. If Scott Walker were so concerned with the budget, he would not say he would a $541 million tax break, signing away half a billion in revenue. Which he did, 2 days ago. I certainly don't think it would cost half a billion to make sure your state workers have a decent pension or are allowed raises.

But now that we're back to the contract, I don't have to justify a "concessionary contract for union workers at a highly profitable company," the vast majority have already done that. UPS workers have no idea how great they've got it because they've never done anything else. You act like every other worker with no college education is just swimming in pools of pensions, free health, and high wages and we are the persecuted minority. Nobody else has it as good as UPS does, ask Fedex, ask the auto workers, ask the mechanics, plumbers, and linesmen. You're making Upper-middle class wages, higher than most white collars, to drive a truck and throw a box at someone's door. You have a retirement pension, full healthcare for you and your family, tuition assistance, etc. Am I saying that's a bad thing? Hell no. Thank God for our union. But to pretend like everyone else has it so good while we starve is idiotic, and a large part of why I think the public has such a negative view of unions.

stink219

Its been fun. For me. But I was hoping we'd hear back from Stink tonight when he finds out that the specific ACA exemption he referenced as the one our could get to salvage our teamcare & make it sustainable has been dead in the water since late 2013.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm here, I'm here! Some of us work for a good living. See here is where you being deceptive, although you are correct in saying it was shot down in 2013, it didn't stay dead. This was on Fox News last night March 20th 2014!!! Believe it or not. But make no mistake, all you cry babies that try to make stuff up and say it louder than others, doesn't make what you say true.
Btw, skip the ad!

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

Stonefish

I'm here, I'm here! Some of us work for a good living. See here is where you being deceptive, although you are correct in saying it was shot down in 2013, it didn't stay dead. This was on Fox News last night March 20th 2014!!! Believe it or not. But make no mistake, all you cry babies that try to make stuff up and say it louder than others, doesn't make what you say true.
Btw, skip the ad!

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

No responses yet????
How shocking. I bet they say something negative. What do you think?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here's the other half of the story.
The woman in the Fox News video touted the linked story in the Washington Post as contrary to what that Republican Senator was saying.
Stink, do you believe the Teamsters are one of the few labor unions that will qualify for this exemption?
Trust me I desperately hope so, but unfortunately I see nothing of it on the IBT website?
I would think if it were the case, the IBT would be shouting it from the roof tops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-obamacare-win-but-insurers-are-getting-help/

BTW, Fox is the "TDU" of the news industry.

stink219

I don't follow fox. It confirmed what I was told from a few upper brass.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't follow fox. It confirmed what I was told from a few upper brass.

Again, I pray it's true, but am baffled by the secrecy and subsequently skeptical.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
if ups was losing to a billion dollars a year in revenue he would see ups doing those exact same things. But UPS is profitable so they can't.

stink219

I'm sure it's a ways away from being final. Maybe it's quiet cuz it's a big political issue? If we get a deal, why not others kinda thing? I hope it goes through as well.

Atomic_Smurf

Btw, skip the ad!

You guys truly are amazing. They are talking about a $63 dollar a year tax to help cover costs of people with pre-existing conditions. Do you really think ALL this was over a $63 per person, per year tax, that then shrinks to $42, then $26 before it disappears in a few years? Of course not. It will give a bit of cover to union officials who can now tell the less informed & gullible that we got an exemption but most wont be engaged enough to realize the insignificance of it. You guys are proof of that! Lol! Go back & watch it again, it's an exemption from one tiny piece of a 2,700 page bill. Not an exemption of the entire law. Bubblehead is right if the exemption unions were waiting for you would know about it. Keep digging boys...

stink219

Atomic, you can make up all the BS you want. I think people are sick of hearing you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomic_Smurf

o
Asstomic, you can make up all the BS you want. I think people are sick of hearing you.

Does he not specificly site the $63 dollar per year, per head tax? look it up. Listen to the video YOU posted. Lol, You are the one trying to spin that into a save-all exemtion from Obamacare. Knocking down your BS & lies is just too easy.

stink219

You guys truly are amazing. They are talking about a $63 dollar a year tax to help cover costs of people with pre-existing conditions. Do you really think ALL this was over a $63 per person, per year tax, that then shrinks to $42, then $26 before it disappears in a few years? Of course not. It will give a bit of cover to union officials who can now tell the less informed & gullible that we got an exemption but most wont be engaged enough to realize the insignificance of it. You guys are proof of that! Lol! Go back & watch it again, it's an exemption from one tiny piece of a 2,700 page bill. Not an exemption of the entire law. Bubblehead is right if the exemption unions were waiting for you would know about it. Keep digging boys...
I love how you down play the truth. Do the math Atomic. The 3 largest unions would be taxed just shy of 800 million dollars. 800 :censored2: MILLION DOLLARS!!! DOLLARS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

stink219

He's actually beating you like a drum.
The "I know you are, but what am I" defense kind of makes me feel sorry for you.
Tell him why he's wrong.
If he is correct, then who the hell cares? $60 bucks is less than my cell phone bill. He's missing the big picture.