The Biden Recession Thread

vantexan

Seems like by design as well. It’s really easy for Medicare to get the best cost when they’re the slowest paying non-paying bully on the block.

If you like your red tape, you can keep your red tape
And as we saw with the vaccines if given the chance they'll mandate everyone be on Medicare or lose your job, can't get into college, etc. These freedom loving Democrats!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And as we saw with the vaccines if given the chance they'll mandate everyone be on Medicare or lose your job, can't get into college, etc. These freedom loving Democrats!
Don’t forget how tolerant of diversity they are……as long as it doesn’t deviate from their ideology.

bacha29

Seems like by design as well. It’s really easy for Medicare to get the best cost when they’re the slowest paying non-paying bully on the block.

If you like your red tape, you can keep your red tape
When you reach retirement age you do NOT have to enroll in Medicare if you don't want to. You are free to go into the open health insurance market and I don't mean Healthcare.gov. I mean the wide open markets and buy your own individual subscriber coverage at open market prices.

I guarantee you that you will be crawling back to Medicare or the exchanges with your tail between your legs.
If you want private market coverage....oh, they'll be happy to sell it to you, believe me.

Thebrownblob

When you reach retirement age you do NOT have to enroll in Medicare if you don't want to. You are free to go into the open health insurance market and I don't mean Healthcare.gov. I mean the wide open markets and buy your own individual subscriber coverage at open market prices.

I guarantee you that you will be crawling back to Medicare or the exchanges with your tail between your legs.
If you want private market coverage....oh, they'll be happy to sell it to you, believe me.
That’s great that you feel that way about something that is supposed to be something we paid into. I haven’t crawled into anything by the way doubtful. I’ll be crawling into that either. Gives a great insight to how people feel about government power after we enter into an agreement with them, you serve your masters well.
I guarantee you have very little idea what you’re talking about which is evident by the way you talk on here.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s great that you feel that way about something that is supposed to be something we paid into. I haven’t crawled into anything by the way doubtful. I’ll be crawling into that either. Gives a great insight to how people feel about government power after we enter into an agreement with them you serve your masters well.
I guarantee you have very little idea what you’re talking about which is evident by the way you talk on here.
Banned

bacha29

Love how you always try to shut down my opinions. I have relatives who are dealing with high costs. If I'm alive I'll eventually have Medicare which has seen its costs rise. It's a matter worth discussing. Obamacare didn't solve what ails our system. It just created more problems.
If a person as a consenting adult chooses out of their own free will and volition NOT to buy health insurance then what difference does it make how beneficial Obamacare has or has not been?

Obamacare 's sole objective was to give individuals improved opportunities to obtain health insurance at premiums they could better afford and to make insurers more accountable to their subscribers by making them actually pay claims. And today 20 million Americans have insurance they probably would not otherwise have.

In addition the ACA provided states the opportunity to participate in the expanded Medicaid program. It provided low income adults and children with health insurance coverage at little to no cost. The individual state would not have to pay more than 10% of the cost.

The governors of 12 states refused to joined the program Among them are Abbott in Texas and DeSantis in Florida. Denied poor families in their states from access to the program many at no cost, citing the reason for not joining as the cost to state taxpayer....Now guess who's providing Abbott's and DeSantis families with free healthcare? Those very same taxpayers. Oh indeed, it's perfectly ok to provide Abbott and DeSantis and their families with free healthcare.....but oh no, we can't do that for the that state's poorest residents.

Harkens back to the same MAGA/GOP mantra....."if you're not rich....it's your fault!"

bacha29

Funny, I point out to him that he is all for government control, and being their servants, and then he tells me the government considers us dogs with tails between our legs. He’s a self perpetuating prognosticator. Talking points galore.
Tell me something. Have you actually inquired, priced and or have purchased health insurance as an individual subscriber at individual subscriber premiums?.....Well, I did for 20 years as a self employed individual. Fortunately I didn't need much care. Nevertheless I payed those staggering premiums for the purposes they provided.....access to healthcare and asset protection.

Thebrownblob

Strict party line. A good communist.
Tell me something. Have you actually inquired, priced and or have purchased health insurance as an individual subscriber at individual subscriber premiums?.....Well, I did for 20 years as a self employed individual. Fortunately I didn't need much care. Nevertheless I payed those staggering premiums for the purposes they provided.....access to healthcare and asset protection.
I think we’ve already been over the fact that all of this has been manipulated and destroyed by government intervention what is your point? Your answer to this is more of the same problem and giving them full control. I disagree. And if you didn’t have much need for the insurance wouldn’t have been nice to just have some sort of catastrophic insurance that covers something major not just a regular doctors appointments? The government and the medical industry has made that almost impossible to do on your own.

bacha29

I think we’ve already been over the fact that all of this has been manipulated and destroyed by government intervention what is your point? Your answer to this is more of the same problem and giving them full control. I disagree. And if you didn’t have much need for the insurance wouldn’t have been nice to just have some sort of catastrophic insurance that covers something major not just a regular doctors appointments? The government and the medical industry has made that almost impossible to do on your own.
So based on what you are saying is that you are strictly free market when it comes to healthcare. At the same time it would appear that you have never had to go into that free and open health insurance market and buy individual subscriber coverage .

One of the things that the government you so openly criticize requires is that patients receive certain minimum levels of care based on their medical condition and needs. now if you want a completely free and unregulated healthcare market there would no longer be any minimum stands and levels of care and insurance premiums would be whatever the insurer wants. Co-pays, deductibles and maximum out of pocket....same thing. Now for quite a few years there were these insurance companies that offered coverage but rather than total annual maximum co-pay/ deductible/ out of pocket such as you have with BC/BS you had a PER CLAIM co-pay/deductible/ out of pocket. So rather than a total per year based on activity you have a claim and if it's paid then you start all over again. And in my first year of self employment I had one of those plans. Fortunately, no claims but then I figured it out and switched to one of the "blues"

And here's another good one. Unlike the nonprofit "blues" who were on hospital and doctor assignment these private insurers were not on assignment meaning that the provider didn't have to accept the insurers allowable charges as payment in full.

Now do you rally want to go back to those days? The key to navigating the system is learning as much as you can about the system.

Thebrownblob

So based on what you are saying is that you are strictly free market when it comes to healthcare. At the same time it would appear that you have never had to go into that free and open health insurance market and buy individual subscriber coverage .

One of the things that the government you so openly criticize requires is that patients receive certain minimum levels of care based on their medical condition and needs. now if you want a completely free and unregulated healthcare market there would no longer be any minimum stands and levels of care and insurance premiums would be whatever the insurer wants. Co-pays, deductibles and maximum out of pocket....same thing. Now for quite a few years there were these insurance companies that offered coverage but rather than total annual maximum co-pay/ deductible/ out of pocket such as you have with BC/BS you had a PER CLAIM co-pay/deductible/ out of pocket. So rather than a total per year based on activity you have a claim and if it's paid then you start all over again. And in my first year of self employment I had one of those plans. Fortunately, no claims but then I figured it out and switched to one of the "blues"

And here's another good one. Unlike the nonprofit "blues" who were on hospital and doctor assignment these private insurers were not on assignment meaning that the provider didn't have to accept the insurers allowable charges as payment in full.

Now do you rally want to go back to those days? The key to navigating the system is learning as much as you can about the system.
Yes

Thebrownblob

You can find this type of healthcare system in any third world nation including it's third world level of care . Given that's what you want they I suggest that you check them out.
Sure, you seem to have this whole thing figured out. You’ve done a great job of navigating for yourself this whole time. I should listen to you LOL.

bacha29

Sure, you seem to have this whole thing figured out. You’ve done a great job of navigating for yourself this whole time. I should listen to you LOL.
Not a reflection on you when I say this but I've often seen people who have had to do nothing more that whip out employer funded health insurance card and are suddenly experts in the healthcare field. Having never had to go out there without the protection of an employer and his employer funded healthcare and try to figure out how to ensure their access to quality care and at the same time acquire some asset and credit history protection.

vantexan

If a person as a consenting adult chooses out of their own free will and volition NOT to buy health insurance then what difference does it make how beneficial Obamacare has or has not been?

Obamacare 's sole objective was to give individuals improved opportunities to obtain health insurance at premiums they could better afford and to make insurers more accountable to their subscribers by making them actually pay claims. And today 20 million Americans have insurance they probably would not otherwise have.

In addition the ACA provided states the opportunity to participate in the expanded Medicaid program. It provided low income adults and children with health insurance coverage at little to no cost. The individual state would not have to pay more than 10% of the cost.

The governors of 12 states refused to joined the program Among them are Abbott in Texas and DeSantis in Florida. Denied poor families in their states from access to the program many at no cost, citing the reason for not joining as the cost to state taxpayer....Now guess who's providing Abbott's and DeSantis families with free healthcare? Those very same taxpayers. Oh indeed, it's perfectly ok to provide Abbott and DeSantis and their families with free healthcare.....but oh no, we can't do that for the that state's poorest residents.

Harkens back to the same MAGA/GOP mantra....."if you're not rich....it's your fault!"
"You've never seen someone else's dollar you didn't want to spend."
-I.P. Freely