The dumbest move EVER....

MrBates

Share some of the ill advised practices of teamsters who already qualified....

I heard this fellow teamster bragging about how he did 140 stops by lunch. I know his route and 100 by lunch is already burning it up. So I asked him what his secret was. He says he pre records a bunch of stops before lunch, delivers them during lunch, and then stop completes them all at 1500. And on top of that he happily agrees to code 5 instead of asking for the guaranteed 8. SMH...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had this cover driver who was just murdering routes, they would give him all kinds of crazy splits and he would still burn it up. Dude was making like 3-4 hours bonus a lot of days. Turns out that whatever packages he couldn't get delivered that day he just sheeted up as a driver release and stashed them at his house, then on the weekends he would drive around and deliver them in his car. He doesn't work here anymore.

Heavy Package

Customer phoned in a complaint that a UPS driver was jumping out of the car and running full sprint through the grass / bushes / etc. and running full sprint back to the car. I just LMAO at these young drivers.

Bob11B

We had this cover driver who was just murdering routes, they would give him all kinds of crazy splits and he would still burn it up. Dude was making like 3-4 hours bonus a lot of days. Turns out that whatever packages he couldn't get delivered that day he just sheeted up as a driver release and stashed them at his house, then on the weekends he would drive around and deliver them in his car. He doesn't work here anymore.
Why doesn’t he work there anymore? Must have gotten a promotion.

Grey

Customer phoned in a complaint that a UPS driver was jumping out of the car and running full sprint through the grass / bushes / etc. and running full sprint back to the car. I just LMAO at these young drivers.

giphy.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why doesn’t he work there anymore? Must have gotten a promotion.
Thought his supervisor was gonna cry when they fired him, he was the group's number one bail out driver. Anytime it was heavy they just loaded him up with splits and he never complained.

Thought his supervisor was gonna cry when they fired him, he was the group's number one bail out driver. Anytime it was heavy they just loaded him up with splits and he never complained.
No, they didn’t fire me, I just transferred.

Superteeth2478

Holy :censored2:, this is so stupid I can't even believe this really happened. Are you being serious or is this a joke?

El Correcto

god is dead
Share some of the ill advised practices of teamsters who already qualified....

I heard this fellow teamster bragging about how he did 140 stops by lunch. I know his route and 100 by lunch is already burning it up. So I asked him what his secret was. He says he pre records a bunch of stops before lunch, delivers them during lunch, and then stop completes them all at 1500. And on top of that he happily agrees to code 5 instead of asking for the guaranteed 8. SMH...
I know a guy that used to save his lunch to take it in the hub. He would then spend his hour lunch break walking around the taking down names for grievances. He did same thing in the morning. He doesn’t work here anymore but it was his choice to move on, he hated it.

This isn’t that I’ll advised honestly besides not taking lunch during the contract specified time. I kind of respected that guy a lot, he was a hoot.

DeliveryMachine

I talked to a new driver recently who was telling a story of how he skipped a pick up because they usually never have anything. That day they had next day airs going out. Somehow he got in 0 trouble. He was telling this story off the clock. I then watched him walk over and hop in his UPS truck to go park it, OFF THE CLOCK. He was backing up in the dark and I heard a loud bang. He somehow still works here. Makes me feel like I might actually make it here if we have drivers like that around.

Superteeth2478

I know a guy that used to save his lunch to take it in the hub. He would then spend his hour lunch break walking around the taking down names for grievances. He did same thing in the morning. He doesn’t work here anymore but it was his choice to move on, he hated it.

This isn’t that I’ll advised honestly besides not taking lunch during the contract specified time. I kind of respected that guy a lot, he was a hoot.
Interesting guy. Most people that don't take lunch are spineless cowards or a bunch of suckasses (and it's even worse when they work during their lunch, because that's stealing work from part-time employees that want to go full-time), but this guy actually violates the contract to enforce it in a different way. Not sure what to think of him...he probably helped enforcement of the contract more by doing what he did than hurt it by not taking lunch at the specified time. Eh, I guess I salute the guy. Wouldn't say that's a dumb move at all.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
We had a driver that had an overweight and there were cones at the end of the driveway. He moved them to back in and the cement wasn’t completely dry!!!!

clean hairy

There is a business off a highway, all drivers are notified to go one exit past, as the closest exit has a bridge too low to fit under.
You can guess what happens evey so often!

Superteeth2478

No joke. The dude had a screw loose for sure, he wasn't some kid either probably mid 30's.
I can imagine the asinine excuses he made to try to keep his job when he had a local level and/or panel hearing for this termination. "But I don't see why you guys are firing me, I delivered the stuff on my own time without pay! I helped the company!" And then the counter-argument: "You were paid bonus for doing your job in an unethical way, jackass!" God, what an idiot. Seriously a good thing that he's gone. Good riddance.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had a driver that had an overweight and there were cones at the end of the driveway. He moved them to back in and the cement wasn’t completely dry!!!!
Had a girl do basically the same thing but at a gas station, they had just had their parking lot repaved and had the whole thing blocked off with cones and tape she just drove right through the tape and tore it all up. UPS had to pay to have the whole job done again.

El Correcto

god is dead
Interesting guy. Most people that don't take lunch are spineless cowards or a bunch of suckasses (and it's even worse when they work during their lunch, because that's stealing work from part-time employees that want to go full-time), but this guy actually violates the contract to enforce it in a different way. Not sure what to think of him...he probably helped enforcement of the contract more by doing what he did than hurt it by not taking lunch at the specified time. Eh, I guess I salute the guy. Wouldn't say that's a dumb move at all.
He was super bitter by the time he started that, he had already been fired multiple times and was pretty hated. He took zero :censored2: from anyone. I loved the guy, I always looked at my minor mistakes like well that guy is still here!