The Fed is your friend?

Up In Smoke

The FED rate hike does more than stifle home, vehicle and other big ticket purchases and of course any borrowing money... It has an unadvertised aspect of forcing job cuts, which in turn forces a contraction of consumer spending (since unemployment puts people on a strict budget.) This in turn tightens the money supply, to cause inflation to go down. Sadly, it is the disposable workers that are financially ruined in the process. It had devastating effects during the Carter administration, and again in the early 80s.

This is why I've been tracking the job listings between these two rate hikes. They are the canary in the coal mine - the first to get cut. Job listings don't count (unless someone is hired,) and companies can cancel the listings without any bad publicity or anyone even noticing.

Job listings are important. There are probably 200,000 new workers entering the workforce every year. No job listings, and 200,000 have been disposed of, without ever even being on the books. Eventually, if things get worse, one by one they come for YOU!

Can't say it is actually happening yet, but it is important to keep an eye on it.
IMO, raising short term interest rates gives the investor a safe place to park cash. When borrowing rates go up, so do savings rates. For far to long the only way to invest was in the market. I see nothing wrong with 4-5% interest rates.

Thebrownblob

IMO, raising short term interest rates gives the investor a safe place to park cash. When borrowing rates go up, so do savings rates. For far to long the only way to invest was in the market. I see nothing wrong with 4-5% interest rates.
I suppose it’s better than losing money. But it’s not even keeping up with inflation.

Thebrownblob

By looking at the yield curve the market is betting the inflation is going to be on a higher side for the next couple of years but not for the long term.
The sixth month t bill is paying more than the 10-year Treasury note

And I’m betting that out of control government spending is going to sink all of us. Democrats just can’t help their selves

And I’m betting that out of control government spending is going to sink all of us. Democrats just can’t help their selves
If they want to give away some money do it the right way.
Give people over there and send them to go back to work and reward them with some tax credits. That might help solve some of the labor shortage problem

Up In Smoke

So the earth swallowed a bunch of people up?
I guess the “data” you’re being fed or creating can’t be flawed….

You’re going with the earth swallowed them up???? OK…
Where are the people to fill the 11 million job openings? The last handful of employees we've hired were lured away from another employer

Next Day Error

X - Other
What will cause the system to crash is the decoupling of oil from the US$. The petrodollar is the only reason we can print so much money and go into so much debt. Russia, China, and India going in together on a new regional reserve currency is another threat, and probably why the media is starting to get the sheep warmed up to the idea of war with China.

Once the US goes full fiat (not linked to oil) our debt will likely sink us. And politicians will not be able to stop promising free stuff. It's the only tool they have.
The Chinese Communist Party is completely blameless. Xi is blameless for the New Cold War. China is blameless for choosing not to talk to us. It's all the fault of the "media". Sure.
We're not going to war with China anytime soon. Christ, at least I hope so...

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Where are the people to fill the 11 million job openings? The last handful of employees we've hired were lured away from another employer
How about in the ranks of the unemployed?
To me, it makes more sense that they are still here on earth as they were in 2020.
The BS unemployment numbers are faked to see who will believe that Bumbling Biden is actually doing something…

OR

You can go with your earth swallowed them up theory.
LOL. Cracking me up!!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The Chinese Communist Party is completely blameless. Xi is blameless for the New Cold War. China is blameless for choosing not to talk to us. It's all the fault of the "media". Sure.

In what way do you think my post was assigning or not assigning blame about anything to anyone? I find these tangential rant responses to my posts fascinating.

We're not going to war with China anytime soon. Christ, at least I hope so...

We've been right on the edge of WW3 ever since Russia invaded Ukraine. If you've been paying attention to how the media has been covering the Taiwan situation, it's pretty clear they are trying to garner support for war with China. I never said it was the media's fault, they are doing their job as the propaganda arm of the corrupt political establishment of our government.

Thebrownblob

In what way do you think my post was assigning or not assigning blame about anything to anyone? I find these tangential rant responses to my posts fascinating.

We've been right on the edge of WW3 ever since Russia invaded Ukraine. If you've been paying attention to how the media has been covering the Taiwan situation, it's pretty clear they are trying to garner support for war with China. I never said it was the media's fault, they are doing their job as the propaganda arm of the corrupt political establishment of our government.

Every provocation is just another step towards disaster