The Fed is your friend?

Up In Smoke

How about in the ranks of the unemployed?
To me, it makes more sense that they are still here on earth as they were in 2020.
The BS unemployment numbers are faked to see who will believe that Bumbling Biden is actually doing something…

OR

You can go with your earth swallowed them up theory.
LOL. Cracking me up!!!
Continuing claims today were 1.36 million. The article claims the real unemployment rate is near 25% and the US has 260 million adults of working age, that leaves approx. 65 million non-working adults. Again, where are they? Where do they live? How do they live?

Thebrownblob

Continuing claims today were 1.36 million. The article claims the real unemployment rate is near 25% and the US has 260 million adults of working age, that leaves approx. 65 million non-working adults. Again, where are they? Where do they live? How do they live?
Sponging off the working?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Retired. Great State of Colorado. Very comfortably.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As an employer, that's what I've had to determine.
I apologize---I thought you were referring to your customers, not potential employees. You have every right to and absolutely should screen potential employees to weed out the unemployable. Saves you a bunch of time and stress. While you clearly cannot discriminate in the hiring process, you can eliminate anyone that you would like without having to give a specific reason.

Up In Smoke

I apologize---I thought you were referring to your customers, not potential employees. You have every right to and absolutely should screen potential employees to weed out the unemployable. Saves you a bunch of time and stress. While you clearly cannot discriminate in the hiring process, you can eliminate anyone that you would like without having to give a specific reason.
Not necessary. I was debating with another member the validity of the unemployment numbers. My view is the Department of Labor can only release/rely on the numbers provided by employers and the state agencies that process the claims. With 160 million Americans on Medicare, Medicaid or disabled I'm finding it difficult to find the missing 23 million that the article states are unemployed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not necessary. I was debating with another member the validity of the unemployment numbers. My view is the Department of Labor can only release/rely on the numbers provided by employers and the state agencies that process the claims. With 160 million Americans on Medicare, Medicaid or disabled I'm finding it difficult to find the missing 23 million that the article states are unemployed.
The US population in 2020 is 332M----are you claiming that almost 1/2 (160M) are on some form of public assistance?

Over70irregs

I suppose it’s better than losing money. But it’s not even keeping up with inflation.
It seems it’s not supposed to IMO. We are just stacks of debt 💸. That’s all we are now. Debt and war that’s all we are. I was not listening to that rhetoric at first but I was in denial.