The Fed is your friend?

Over70irregs

She has no business going anywhere near the Far East on her own. Nothing but trouble.
It’s a psych job that’s all. It is meant to embarrass you in public. They have to be smarter than them. Meet them at the border somewhere have a bag in your hand and set the bag over the border then pick it up with a smile. Walk around then roll out.

Up In Smoke

The US population in 2020 is 332M----are you claiming that almost 1/2 (160M) are on some form of public assistance?
The Department of Labor shows, 125 million private sector jobs, 10 million self-employed and 25 million government jobs. Take away those under the age of 18 and over 67 and that leaves you with about 100 million non-working adults. How are they surviving? Could they work? Would employers want them? We've hired 65 yr old people to work the preload and local sort because they are the only ones to apply. Department of Labor says there's about 5.8 million unemployed but only 1.3 million applying for unemployment. Could the rest be on government assistance?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The Department of Labor shows, 125 million private sector jobs, 10 million self-employed and 25 million government jobs. Take away those under the age of 18 and over 67 and that leaves you with about 100 million non-working adults. How are they surviving? Could they work? Would employers want them? We've hired 65 yr old people to work the preload and local sort because they are the only ones to apply. Department of Labor says there's about 5.8 million unemployed but only 1.3 million applying for unemployment. Could the rest be on government assistance?
Some working on a cash only basis? I pay my landscaper in cash only.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about those who want to work but would actually lose money after having to buy gas and pay for daycare?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How about those who want to work but would actually lose money after having to buy gas and pay for daycare?

I had three jobs when I started at UPS, after paying for daycare, I barely took home any money from the full time job. So I quit and stayed home with the kids during the day. Best decision I ever made. The best day care can't compete with a parent taking care of their own kids.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had three jobs when I started at UPS, after paying for daycare, I barely took home any money from the full time job. So I quit and stayed home with the kids during the day. Best decision I ever made. The best day care can't compete with a parent taking care of their own kids.
Yes and no. While the one and one interaction is priceless, there is something to be said for the socialization and structured environment of a certified daycare, especially if your kid(s) spends the bulk of their day in front of the TV.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yes and no. While the one and one interaction is priceless, there is something to be said for the socialization and structured environment of a certified daycare, especially if your kid(s) spends the bulk of their day in front of the TV.
Institutionalization of children has contributed to the dissolution of the family unit.

Just my personal opinion.