The Forecast Bulk Sheet Reads Like A Penthouse "I Can't Believe This Happened To Me" Letter

Because It's Clearly A Fantasy And I'm Screwed. The 8k section on the sheet said that there were nine boxes coming. After the first half the 8k section, the 4k section and the floor under them were covered with 8k boxes. When I finally got someone to print out a sheet for me, turns out that the truck went from 289 packages to 412. Would have been nice if the first half supervisor could have printed out a new sheet when I asked as opposed to the second half sup who got it to me 3/4 of the way through the 2nd half. Are these sheets that difficult to print out?

Box Ox

Because It's Clearly A Fantasy And I'm Screwed. The 8k section on the sheet said that there were nine boxes coming. After the first half the 8k section, the 4k section and the floor under them were covered with 8k boxes. When I finally got someone to print out a sheet for me, turns out that the truck went from 289 packages to 412. Would have been nice if the first half supervisor could have printed out a new sheet when I asked as opposed to the second half sup who got it to me 3/4 of the way through the 2nd half. Are these sheets that difficult to print out?

Sounds like just another easy day for @Bestsorteralive .

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish our loaders actually looked at those printouts. Then maybe they would notice the 20 piece bulk stop of dog food the dispatcher allows to be SPAed to the 1000 and load it in the empty RDR or RDL instead. Poor training and a lack of common sense is killing us.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I wish our loaders actually looked at those printouts. Then maybe they would notice the 20 piece bulk stop of dog food the dispatcher allows to be SPAed to the 1000 and load it in the empty RDR or RDL instead. Poor training and a lack of common sense is killing us.
ill load it in the cab

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You know you can go ask the dispatcher what is going on right

BiggieBrown

Problem is, we don't get the load sheets until half-way through the first trailer, sometimes not until we are in the 2nd trailer.
By then the belt is a-roarin and I don't have time to stop my 5 truck pull and make sure I'm gently packing up your precious little bulk stop exactly where and how you want it just like your mommy used to pack up your school lunch.
Next time you wonder why your loader didn't do something so obvious like use the empty RDR, remember that UPS doesn't want to pay us for the 5 seconds it would take to look over the sheets. I don't even know why they give them to us at all.

UPS does NOT care about your load quality.
And frankly my dear, neither do I.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Problem is, we don't get the load sheets until half-way through the first trailer, sometimes not until we are in the 2nd trailer.
By then the belt is a-roarin and I don't have time to stop my 5 truck pull and make sure I'm gently packing up your precious little bulk stop exactly where and how you want it just like your mommy used to pack up your school lunch.
Next time you wonder why your loader didn't do something so obvious like use the empty RDR, remember that UPS doesn't want to pay us for the 5 seconds it would take to look over the sheets. I don't even know why they give them to us at all.

UPS does NOT care about your load quality.
And frankly my dear, neither do I.
The problem with some of you is is that you are missing a very important ingredient that helps determine whether or not you’re capable of good loads and proper placement of bulk stops. It’s called common sense. But it is hilarious that you mention mommy. Apparently some of you are still used to mommy, and daddy as well, holding your hands. Otherwise you would not have to depend on those load charts. Just sayin...

BiggieBrown

You just said you wished we used the load charts, now you are mocking me for wanting to have the time to look at the load charts.
I can see why you drive a truck for a living.

oldngray

nowhere special
You just said you wished we used the load charts, now you are mocking me for wanting to have the time to look at the load charts.
You are supposed to memorize the load charts. They are meant to be an aid, not a crutch.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I ignore drivers who b#tch and moan about preloaders and load quality. It's usually the ones who weren't around pre-PAS/SPA. Back in the day, a preloader would have one assignment because no one else knew the load sequences, so you and the driver were able to get consistent work as well as load quality. Now it's a shell game with the work; different areas, add cuts, cut routes, and preloaders often moved around like chess pcs. Nevermind the scanners and other slow-downs that never existed.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
The problem with some of you is is that you are missing a very important ingredient that helps determine whether or not you’re capable of good loads and proper placement of bulk stops. It’s called common sense. But it is hilarious that you mention mommy. Apparently some of you are still used to mommy, and daddy as well, holding your hands. Otherwise you would not have to depend on those load charts. Just sayin...
How is he supposed to know where you want them? Did. You. Tell. Him? Or just walk in, rearrange, and smash your phonescreen in anger while typing?

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes, I do wish I preloaders would use the load charts. But mainly because many don’t seem to have the common sense required to figure out that it is utterly stupid to put 30 boxes of dog food in the 1000 section. Especially when both RDR and RDL are completely empty. And, yes, I am mocking you for having to have a diagram with a list of bulk stops under it in order for you to be able to figure that out. Or worse, having all of that available to you and still screwing it up.
I ignore drivers who b#tch and moan about preloaders and load quality. It's usually the ones who weren't around pre-PAS/SPA. Back in the day, a preloader would have one assignment because no one else knew the load sequences, so you and the driver were able to get consistent work as well as load quality. Now it's a shell game with the work; different areas, add cuts, cut routes, and preloaders often moved around like chess pcs. Nevermind the scanners and other slow-downs that never existed.
I was around before PAS/SPA. All of us that were predicted that it, along with other emerging technology, would dumb down the job. Back then loaders seemed to be able to make educated guesses on where a bulk stop should go in lieu of blowing out an entire section with it. Now new loaders typically don’t seem to be able to make those decisions on their own and, to be honest, the supervisors that are supposed to be training them are lacking in that department as well. Every time I get a new loader it starts all over again.