The History of Top Rate Progression?

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

How long did top rate progression stay at two years, in past contracts etc, before it changed to three then four! Sorry if this is supposed to be in the Union discussion thread I don't know where :censored2: goes anymore.

P

pickup

I think it went from 2, to 3, to 4 years in consecutive contracts? Not sure though.

I think there might have been a 2 and 1/2 year progression somewhere along the line and I know it went from 3 to 4 from the previous contract to the one we are currently under.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I think in 85 it was 6 months or a year... Top pay was 14.56 if I remember right

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol. I meant can u remember what top pay was then? I remember 14.56 being a fortune and guys talked about making 40k a year. Now they talk of 100 k. Amazing

In 71 I was making something like $6.35 an hour. My wife had a great paying job with the State of Mn. ---she made $3.35 an hour. Between us we were pulling in almost 10 bucks an hour. That was CRAZY money back then. We save $10,000 that first year and bought an $18,000 home on a nice lake.