The Issue of Telematics

Bolshevik

Lets piece out how management will apply the new 'telematics' language to the non-driver workforce within UPS.

This is a key concession and its hardly mentioned IMO.

Will the new language allow UPS to establish a 'quota' or 'standard' within the daily work? IE, unloaders must do so at 800 PPH. Loaders must do so at 800 PPH, etc.

Seems to me like it does. This is bad news for every one working inside. The Amazonification continues, abetted by teamsters

Box Ox

Lets piece out how management will apply the new 'telematics' language to the non-driver workforce within UPS.

Will the new language allow UPS to establish a 'quota' or 'standard' within the daily work? IE, unloaders must do so at 800 PPH. Loaders must do so at 800 PPH, etc.

Seems to me like it does. This is bad news for every one working inside. The Amazonification continues, abetted by teamsters

"Your misload reports haven't been looking very good, Jimmy. Guess this is goodbye!"

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Hy1OUhC.jpg

Daf

I agree with you!! This is just as bad as 22.4 in my eyes.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You know what’s great about that? Last peak my center bought three TVs and said they would be raffled out to the drivers who showed up on time and didn’t call off. After peak we asked where the tv’s were and management said that they decided it wasn’t in there best interest to hand out such outlandish gifts to the drivers in order to avoid favoritism.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Speaking of telematics, just got my first backing report in almost a year. Our center manager said our backing is up drastically this month and our backfirst exceptions are through the roof. BECAUSE OF ORION YOU IDOITS. 100% compliance I back up thirty more times a day.

a911scanner

Asked about it at my local's contract meeting. They said that it only applies to drivers & GPS, then blew it off.

I'd like to see how UPS thinks about it after this crap-tastic contract passes. Bet they will have loaders on the chopping block within the 1st week.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Asked about it at my local's contract meeting. They said that it only applies to drivers & GPS, then blew it off.

I'd like to see how UPS thinks about it after this crap-tastic contract passes. Bet they will have loaders on the chopping block within the 1st week.
It's the go-to tactic for all of our contract aplogists...

They will claim everything including their mother is a non-issue.

Daf

I got the same response. But I’m not buying it. Someone thought it was very important to cross out employee and change the word to driver. There has to be a reason why. And I think we all know the reason.

This company’s expectations are just ridiculous for someone making 12 bucks an hour....no more than 3 misloads for a job that requires you to load 4 cars, thousands of stops a week between the 4 car pull and who knows how many thousands of pieces....

funny because my heaviest area.. about 1100-1300 pieces over 4 cars.. and he misloads like MAYBE once a month.