The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well I'm glad you're supplements getting it I hope the 17th or 18% of the people in the central carry this contract

I want to leave a bigger legacy for the teamsters behind me

But unfortunately it's not looking that way
I have been drawing my pension since 2020 and it isn't going to change....and it shouldn't.

Personally I think the IBT would be better served to have all pensions pay similar benefits, regardless of region or local.

That's a legacy I could get behind, seeing we are all governed by a supposed National Master.

I have been drawing my pension since 2020 and it isn't going to change....and it shouldn't.

Personally I think the IBT would be better served to have all pensions pay similar benefits, regardless of region or local.

That's a legacy I could get behind, seeing we are all governed by a supposed National Master.
Well because you've been retired since 2020

Unfortunately this week contract is probably going to pass

Not if benefit benefits aren't increased.

Same money in, same money out.
Honestly you can't be serious?

@rod
We actually need you to answer a question seriously

I know you done well in life and you invested wisely on the other hand you have been retired for over 20 years

If you have other limited means besides your pension what would you stand if iving be at your current pension payout?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I really don't care if somebody disagrees me for a valid reason

But after talking to my business agent the general rate increases with exception of the part-timers the money is not much different from the last contract.
They just moved it around a little bit
Pension discussion aside, the full time general wage increase is basically double what we got under the last contract.

Pension discussion aside, the full time general wage increase is basically double what we got under the last contract.
Not counting the cola raises we had $4.15 over 5 years this current contract.
No if you're going to put the extra money into my pension contributions like you did last contract and I really don't remember how much they put into the healthcare the last contract but the raises are not that far off especially when you add inflation in.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not counting the cola raises we had $4.15 over 5 years this current contract.
At 40 hours a week, this contract's raises comes out to an extra $48k over 5 years, the last contract added $24k.
No if you're going to put the extra money into my pension contributions like you did last contract and I really don't remember how much they put into the healthcare the last contract but the raises are not that far off especially when you add inflation in.
I'm curious how all the math really adds up.
But I suspect we won't get those numbers.

rod

Retired 22 years
Honestly you can't be serious?

@rod
We actually need you to answer a question seriously

I know you done well in life and you invested wisely on the other hand you have been retired for over 20 years

If you have other limited means besides your pension what would you stand if iving be at your current pension payout?
My Financial guy says that with my pension and my wifes and mines SS we could live just fine. Her State pension check has always just went into savings and my Military disability and small State pension is just icing on the cake as is the "over 70 forced payout of about a grand a month on our investment portfolio. I'm sure we would survive on JUST our pensions if we needed to because we have NO PAYMENTS ON ANYTHING-NOTHING-ZILTCH- NADA. It's surprising how easy the money comes when you have no payments or kids living off you. Hope this helps.