The new diad?

M_Thompson1986

I used one this Peak it was required for my helper to have at least 20 stops in it each day, basically it’s a Samsung Galaxy J3 on Verizon. Once I got the hang of it, it was quite faster than the DIAD

Heavy Package

I'm not using ANYTHING of mine for UPS. Maps? Nope. Phone? Nope. Data plan? Nope. Personal vehicle? Nope. Flashlight? Nope. Shoe shine? Nope.

UPS can shove it. You treat me like an ass hat truck driver I'll act like one.

Thegameisrigged

It's on upsers titled the next diad. In the article it says new upsers and old will get it. @Wally @Gumby
There is no way they can give us these phones. I’ve used one and they’re slow as hell. I’m literally standing there waiting for It to stop complete. It takes 29 seconds for it to be ready to scan again. That thing is slower than the first Diad board. This is absolute truth. Not to mention the fact that it doesn’t even scan the package if you aren’t perfectly still and the label is perfectly printed. It’s a nightmare.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
There is no way they can give us these phones. I’ve used one and they’re slow as hell. I’m literally standing there waiting for It to stop complete. It takes 29 seconds for it to be ready to scan again. That thing is slower than the first Diad board. This is absolute truth. Not to mention the fact that it doesn’t even scan the package if you aren’t perfectly still and the label is perfectly printed. It’s a nightmare.

SIGN. ME. UP.

-QDNf6.gif

Thegameisrigged

I used one this Peak it was required for my helper to have at least 20 stops in it each day, basically it’s a Samsung Galaxy J3 on Verizon. Once I got the hang of it, it was quite faster than the DIAD
How is it faster? These things don’t efficiently scan packages and they’re extremely slow at processing.

Thegameisrigged

I can scan and stop complete a package with the daid 5 in about 3-5 seconds. I have yet to beat 40 seconds total with the phone. That’s assuming the thing even scans the package. Can you explain what’s so fast about it?

Thegameisrigged

Your not holding it right
Really? There’s a holding technique required for a phone to make it fast as the 5? We don’t have time to find a sweet spot for a package scan. I’m sorry but no matter how I hold the diad 5, it scans in the blink of an eye. Terrible labels and all. Try that with the phone. It won’t happen. You get what you pay for and ups is going downhill with this one.

Thegameisrigged

Nope your doing something wrong

It’s lightning fast
Nope ups is doing something wrong. They invested in those things. Hold the damn thing up to the label and wait for it to scan the package... hopefully. Can you tell me what’s so wrong about pressing scan, pressing porch, and pressing stop complete???

RuthlessSupSlayer

Nope ups is doing something wrong. They invested in those things. Hold the damn thing up to the label and wait for it to scan the package... hopefully. Can you tell me what’s so wrong about pressing scan, pressing porch, and pressing stop complete???

Well if you have the right lighting and can hold a package the right way and have the right distance that phone is amazballs... With the diad 5 you gotta turn it on then press the same button just to scan it then it makes a ton of noise and then hitting the big arrow down then the orange button then press 5 then 4,5, or 6 then jumping to press the check mark. Why do that when I touch the screen after I take off my gloves... Its like I am playing on my phone without the playing anything and its not my phone... Wait a minute that phone sux giraffe ass.

Seriously the phone isn't bad if you drop the helper off on a block with a hand cart. Then you can go run two other blocks while he does one. And for reals as @Indecisi0n would say (spread lol), once you finger out the phone its okay. I use it the way stated above. Just load a cart with a block of stops and a tote of the smalls and let him roll. I'll pick him up in 15 minutes 3 blocks from where I dropped him. And if he ain't there I'm clocking him out and keep on and call in to get another helper.

RuthlessSupSlayer

By the way I saw the prototype for the diad 6 they don't have software done yet but I held the 6 it had the qwerty (for old people like @UpstateNYUPSer that means like typewriter or word processer) unlike the genius who thought the keyboard on the 5 was a bright idea. Also its not as tall in the hand but it is longer with a bigger screen.