The new diad?

Rack em

Made the Podium
By the way I saw the prototype for the diad 6 they don't have software done yet but I held the 6 it had the qwerty (for old people like @UpstateNYUPSer that means like typewriter or word processer) unlike the genius who thought the keyboard on the 5 was a bright idea. Also its not as tall in the hand but it is longer with a bigger screen.
I think the 5 is good enough, not too small, not too big. I wish they would keep it as it is honestly.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
So they are giving us smart phones with an app next?
It royally sucks, too slow, keeps turning off so you have to enter a phone password, have to keep relogging into upsers multiple times a day. Cannot see the tracking number on the completed screen, shall I go on

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Phone has to be slow. PVD driver on my area that used one would take 3 hours to deliver what would take a package car driver maybe 1/2 hour. Must have caused mis-deliveries also judging by the DIAD messages I got requesting I go pick up said parcels and peddle them to the correct street.

A good guy

When I was in training back in october for cover driving I thought the phones would be a good idea over the diad (having been using the diad in training and really confused over it).

Now after having testing the phobes and my helper :censored2:ing up with them over peak I would take the diad any :censored2:ing day.

BoogerMonster

I've never let my help use the phone or the board. They get distracted using both... All they are here for us to run packages. I take one side and you take the other side of the street. 525 pieces off by noon. Wait for bags this year in the beginning took forever. 2 hours to get our bags. The phones are ok I guess... Very slow... 3 months ago the phones were so so so much slower... When we first got them in our center they wanted us to test them everyday and give feedback on how they were. I did a base route with one of those put 80 stops into it, took at least 1.5 hours longer then it should because of the whole upload, loading, going back to the delivery screen. I took one for peak just because my board doesn't like the cold and will die by 3 - 4 pm.

A lady on my route is working on the new diad. She was telling me all about it. She said its almost half the size of our boards right now. She said they are working on making it faster and way better then our board right now. Lets just hope they don't have that ups app on it, haha. I can't stand that app that the phones have.

keeb86

Talked with the guy that invented the diad we use now this summer. He came by our center because we are one of the biggest, and UPS was testing out input regarding touch screens for the new diad they are having him develop for the new diad before he retires for good. He told me they want to go full touch screen; some of the perks were going to be that we can use our work gloves while we use it.

I gave it a go for just ten minutes one day, came back and had about a 40 minute conversation with him about it- they were just a bunch of different palm pilots with the helper software we see on those helper cells phones management has been “encouraging” us to use for peak.

Basically told the guy that this really isn’t going to work if it’s all touch screen and the software isn’t UPS driver friendly. The diad we use now is the best one we ever used so far- just update our current diad so the screen might be slightly bigger so it can go full touch screen instead of hybrid like it is now. Allow the ORION software with map to be usable on the screen and PLEASE change the businesses to a different color besides black so the cut drivers who are doing cut cars can see what stops are the businesses.
He agreed with me and said many other driver he talked to said the same. Full touch isn’t the way to go, and out keypad after you master it is way better than a touch screen honestly due to being able to “feel the keys”. I doubt UPS will listen though. They are set in their ways.

A good guy

Allow the ORION software with map to be usable on the screen and PLEASE change the businesses to a different color besides black so the cut drivers who are doing cut cars can see what stops are the businesses.

That would be a gosh darn godsend. Was screwed a couple times when I was thrown on a new rez route and theres that random school at the end of the route.

Star B

White Lightening
He agreed with me and said many other driver he talked to said the same. Full touch isn’t the way to go, and out keypad after you master it is way better than a touch screen honestly due to being able to “feel the keys”. I doubt UPS will listen though. They are set in their ways.

This! do not make it full touch! Our stuff over at FX has sections that are partially full touch and it S-U-C-K-S. I would rather get an orange key and do the combos. The keys are so much faster when you can do it via muscle memory v/s having to stare at the screen.

keeb86

This! do not make it full touch! Our stuff over at FX has sections that are partially full touch and it S-U-C-K-S. I would rather get an orange key and do the combos. The keys are so much faster when you can do it via muscle memory v/s having to stare at the screen.

You got it man! I fully agree with you!!

MAKAVELI

They seriously need to fix the software in the Powerpad. It's to slow, constantly freezes, crashes and disconnects from dispatch.